www.wmdolls.com

How to repair wire of fingers poking through the tpe?

Devoted to owners and enthusiasts of Male dolls.
gayboyloneliness

How to repair wire of fingers poking through the tpe?

Post by gayboyloneliness »

Well as much as I wanted to avoid this it happened finally and it's the one surface tear that I'm not gonna be ok with letting go.

The finger tips have peeled badly in some places as well. Any idea how to repair this and also handle the peeling in a cost effective way?
:grab:

Arthur1960
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Re: How to repair wire of fingers poking through the tpe?

Post by Arthur1960 »

Hi, as you've probably gathered, fingers are fragile and as the tpe on them is quite thin it can be a challenge to affect repairs. It's possible to make small repairs using heat along with a fine sculpting tool but you have to be mega careful as it's easy to make things worse. I've also had success filling finger poke holes using a tpe paste made with 3M Primer 94, do you have any pics of the actual damage?

7Z5GZ

Post by 7Z5GZ »

Hi, I'm having a similar issue. My doll is very new, less than a couple months, and already the needle-like articulated fingers are poking through. I wish that the hands material was stronger than soft TPE to stop this from happening. I want there to be some kind of "finger caps", or a spray to make the TPE harder. Any advice out there on how to deal with this syndrome?
AIA and Kaya image gallery https://dollalbum.com/dollgallery/index.php?cat=15539
Please leave encouraging comments if you'd like to see me post more photos :)

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

Arthur1960 is the man for finger capping
Really surprised that this type of articulated finger is giving the pokes though
The only way to make TPE harder is to make a paste of firmer TPE with either the 3M product or Xylene, and coat the fingers

Wheezer did mention 3M 94 is good with most TPE blends but less so with harder stuff
New unexplored territory this is :whistle:

TimesSeven
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by TimesSeven »

My doll is fresh out of the box -- less than a week old and I am having significant peeling of the fingertips. I've contacted the manufacturer because I noticed some of these during unboxing. Already had one finger poke moving her on the bed. I think I'll just have to buy gloves.

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

Took almost four years before Jyoti got her first finger wire poke. In my case, the wire was also broken at the palm plate, (that happened in the first year), so I just pulled it out. Finger actually looks more natural without the wire and the hole seems to have fused itself together!

viewtopic.php?f=7&p=2020396#p2020396

Elektron42

Post by Elektron42 »

My Lynda lost her first finger wire after only a few months. A sharp broken wire is sticking out of her palm. I guess I have to take some pliers and pull the wire out of her palm plate and then see what size hole there is in the TPE.

muesky6969
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by muesky6969 »

TimesSeven wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 1:44 pm My doll is fresh out of the box -- less than a week old and I am having significant peeling of the fingertips. I've contacted the manufacturer because I noticed some of these during unboxing. Already had one finger poke moving her on the bed. I think I'll just have to buy gloves.
Keep contacting whoever you bought the doll from.. This sounds like a casting or tpe quality issue and the doll needs to be replaced or your money refunded.
There are several fixes for finger pokes. First is make a cap for the tips of the fingers if there are not ones. This could be something as simple as wrapping a bit of tap around the end of the finger. The next is closing the hole where the finger poke happened because you are going to want to keep dirt and especially liquid from getting into the dolls body.. The best thing to use for this is TPE paste made with 3M 94 Tape Primer or Xylene and extra TPE.. If you look in my signature line there is the link to my channel and I show how to make paste and use it..
If you have any questions please feel free to contact me..
Morghana The Doll Witch!! Where I take Science and a little bit of Magic to make my dolls their very best selves...

Morghana's Doll Emporium Thread
viewtopic.php?f=229&t=145649[/i]

Check out “The TPE DOLL EMPORIUM”: (Featuring: Z-Dollman & Morghana the Doll Witch)!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCybCey ... AgqYdgmSXg

INFORMATIONS