Starpery.com

A Printed Stuffed Cloth Doll On A Halloween Skeleton

Got an idea? Need an invention?
timetraveler1
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Re: A Printed Stuffed Cloth Doll On A Halloween Skeleton

Post by timetraveler1 »

Very nice project , i talked before about using the full stuffed body suit of drag girl bodies they sell on the internet , using those you would have the smooth skin but lightweight from being stuffed , i never thought of using a skeleton inside . in my idea i thought just making separate sections inthe cloth body material sewn up making hinged ares that would bend in the knee etc. area's .

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Interstate 44 with 10 long-haired Friends a' Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus

Post by rubherkitty »

Hey TT, what are sex robots like 100 yrs from now?
Going downtown. Gonna see my gal. Gonna sing her a song. I'm gonna show her my ding dong! C&C

stratzilla setz
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by stratzilla setz »

So plastic skeletons are a bit fragile. The forearms snapped under a small amount of weight, quite awhile ago.
I’m thinking I want to make a new one that will just not break, but using steel.

It won’t need to stand, but I’d like it to sit or get into a table position. It still comes to the same problem of how to set up joints that have enough friction to hold a position but also be slightly posable.

Raw materials seem kind of hard to get for this purpose, so I’ve been thinking about how to just get random objects like table/chair frames and just cut them up to be welded into a skeleton. I even have a carbon fiber tripod, that I can gut, but I think that will be more trouble than it’s worth (right now).

Then I stumbled upon these angle hinges for bay window curtain rods. I thought I’d take a chance and buy a few. They are unfortunately quite loose, but can be tightened to complete stiffness. If I tighten them to a certain amount, I’m sure they can have that friction while being posable (though I know it will eventually wear down). But slight friction unwinds the screw and it becomes loose again.
DEAF19C9-D028-41EB-A982-3964FA141251.jpeg
DEAF19C9-D028-41EB-A982-3964FA141251.jpeg (479.98 KiB) Viewed 123 times
I’m thinking I can either get it to a certain tightness, and then weld it in place, or alternatively, I can keep it loose and then add some kind of pneumatic piston to limit its movement. Like the kind you might use on cabinets.

stratzilla setz
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by stratzilla setz »

D2C0C4F8-7275-4377-A63B-918B11226975.jpeg
D2C0C4F8-7275-4377-A63B-918B11226975.jpeg (443.05 KiB) Viewed 121 times
I don’t know if this is a good idea, but lawn chairs have these ratchet gear joints that allow them to bend while keeping a predefined position. Might work for keeping the legs from bending too far in the wrong direction.

INFORMATIONS