Starpery.com

Let's get a-head here.. Fixing a broken head-hole.

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
PermanentSexHair

Let's get a-head here.. Fixing a broken head-hole.

Post by PermanentSexHair »

Ok repair experts gather around I have a fun one for you.

This doll head was mounted properly and failed in light usage. The material around the captive-nut was EXTREMELY brittle and crumbled like a stale cookie The nut is "lost" inside the head and I can mostly fish it out using a hook tool I have.
20211117_085138.jpg
20211117_085138.jpg (1.92 MiB) Viewed 1363 times
What has me concerned is that material around the nut appears to be mostly fiber with little to no resin. It crumbles away at the slightest touch.

First: How do I stabalize that? Keep cutting/grinding it away until I hit solid material?
20211117_085102.jpg
20211117_085102.jpg (1.73 MiB) Viewed 1363 times
Second: How would I go about building up a structure to support the nut? Or some other means of mounting the head back on the doll.
20211117_085054.jpg
20211117_085054.jpg (2.04 MiB) Viewed 1363 times
A replacement is on order so this one is for experimental use. If we can't figure out a way to salvage it, I'll mount it on the Roobma and shove some laser pointers in the eye-holes.
"Many people have sex-elves. Only I have a sex Romulan."

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Re: Let's get a-head here.. Fixing a broken head-hole.

Post by seagull »

Clean the crud from around the hole until it starts to feel solid
Punch a big enough hole in a tin lid to take a bolt that secures the head nut underneath
Fill the damaged area with Two part epoxy
Place the head nut into the epoxy repair and wait for it to cure

The bolt can be screwed out and the lid removed

I have assumed you are familiar with epoxy repairs :whistle:

msasdfjkl
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by msasdfjkl »

I can't tell from the picture if it is fiber glass. You may want to watch some surfboard repair videos. I use to fix my boards. Just be carefull with the resin it'll get you high as fk.

elarring

Post by elarring »

I had a similar thing happen. The tough part is finding a way to bond the two different materials. There is great metal bonding, but, not certain what the material of the head is actually made of, it's a tough fix, without being able to take the head apart.

RevJack
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by RevJack »

I have a similar head being sent to me for repairs. Here are my thoughts.
If the material is crumbly, you will want to reinforce it, Attaching to the crumbling material would be a temporary solution. I would reinforce it from the inside as much as possible. This should not be too difficult as long a you have access to a thin resin, epoxy, or polyurethane. My approach would be to place the whole kit together from the outside, help together with duct tape. this is to ensure that the surface is a) sealed and b) flat. You will also need to coat an M16 head bolt in petroleum jelly, (stupidly thick) ans screw it into the bolt. This will coat the bolt and threads. Now mix your Resin/epoxy/poly and inject it inside the head so that it creates a 1/4 inch thick layer. The Petroleum jelly will protect the bolt and inner threads from the resin/epox/poly.

You should wind up with a 1/4 inch thick coating of Resin/epox/poly inside the skull that also fills in the area around the nut, holding it in place and distributing the torsional forces across the entire inner floor of the skull.

Rev Jack.
Reverend Jacks Roamin' Cadillac Sex Doll Repair. Roamin' the land fixin' dollies and handing out salvation from the back of his Cadillac.

ALSO TRY Reverend Jack's Anointed Snake Oil, good for cleansing stains from the body and the Soul! Step right up folks, only $5 a bottle! We got plenty to go around! Cash only please.

Aibei 158 Blue Elf, AS 157, XES 128, OR 156G, WM 160C (r), Sanhui 168 (r), WM 157B, WM 138D (Faun), Mistress 168 (r), 6YE 100 (Bubbles)

elarring

Post by elarring »

RevJack wrote:I have a similar head being sent to me for repairs. Here are my thoughts.
If the material is crumbly, you will want to reinforce it, Attaching to the crumbling material would be a temporary solution. I would reinforce it from the inside as much as possible. This should not be too difficult as long a you have access to a thin resin, epoxy, or polyurethane. My approach would be to place the whole kit together from the outside, help together with duct tape. this is to ensure that the surface is a) sealed and b) flat. You will also need to coat an M16 head bolt in petroleum jelly, (stupidly thick) ans screw it into the bolt. This will coat the bolt and threads. Now mix your Resin/epoxy/poly and inject it inside the head so that it creates a 1/4 inch thick layer. The Petroleum jelly will protect the bolt and inner threads from the resin/epox/poly.

You should wind up with a 1/4 inch thick coating of Resin/epox/poly inside the skull that also fills in the area around the nut, holding it in place and distributing the torsional forces across the entire inner floor of the skull.

Rev Jack.
Thank you.

I have a WM head, they all seem to be made out of the same material. What resin or epoxy do you recommend?

The head bolt receiver assembly is still inside the head.
Attachments
But I can pull it tight and flush to the bottom and if i hang it upside down, it holds. Maybe i could inject resin inside, or would it end up touching the TPE in the mouth?
But I can pull it tight and flush to the bottom and if i hang it upside down, it holds. Maybe i could inject resin inside, or would it end up touching the TPE in the mouth?
brok2.jpg (1.99 MiB) Viewed 1119 times
It's shifted off, just enough to make putting the head on.
It's shifted off, just enough to make putting the head on.
brok.jpg (1.96 MiB) Viewed 1119 times

RevJack
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by RevJack »

I use Smooth-on SmoothCase 300 because I have it lying around. Short ass pot life though, not beginner friendly.
I think I would lean towards Smooth-on EpoxAcast 650 for this application if I was starting from scratch.
Reverend Jacks Roamin' Cadillac Sex Doll Repair. Roamin' the land fixin' dollies and handing out salvation from the back of his Cadillac.

ALSO TRY Reverend Jack's Anointed Snake Oil, good for cleansing stains from the body and the Soul! Step right up folks, only $5 a bottle! We got plenty to go around! Cash only please.

Aibei 158 Blue Elf, AS 157, XES 128, OR 156G, WM 160C (r), Sanhui 168 (r), WM 157B, WM 138D (Faun), Mistress 168 (r), 6YE 100 (Bubbles)

elarring

Post by elarring »

RevJack wrote:I use Smooth-on SmoothCase 300 because I have it lying around. Short ass pot life though, not beginner friendly.
I think I would lean towards Smooth-on EpoxAcast 650 for this application if I was starting from scratch.
Thank you

Elektron42

Post by Elektron42 »

RevJack,
I use 3M DP8010, it has about a 2 minute working time and is very pasty, but it does bond to LDPE, unlike most epoxies. Stinks for months….
Will research your suggestions.

elarring

Post by elarring »

I pulled out the head bolt assembly, the head is hollow and I plan to fill it with cloth or whatever won't react to the chemicals in the epoxy or hardener, so that the head bolt assembly will stay in place. I grabbed a large flat washer, and nut for the outside.

I'm waiting on the epoxy to show up today and will let you all know how it progresses
Attachments
And here it is assembled.
And here it is assembled.
p ass.jpg (3.38 MiB) Viewed 1010 times
the parts I'm using
the parts I'm using
parts.jpg (4.32 MiB) Viewed 1010 times
Here is the head hole.
Here is the head hole.
head.jpg (2.17 MiB) Viewed 1010 times

RevJack
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by RevJack »

Excellent. Remember to coat that bolt thickly with vasaline so the epoxy doesn't stick to it!

elarring

Post by elarring »

RevJack wrote:Excellent. Remember to coat that bolt thickly with vasaline so the epoxy doesn't stick to it!
Thanks I did. it took two attempts, but it seems to have worked. Using cloth alone was a mistake, because it slowed the hardening process (I didn't learn this until the second attempt) and on the first try, the cloth let some of the epoxy slip past before it could harden. Though it hardened, and i bought the one hour hardener, I'm going to wait until tomorrow. Initially it looks like it's bonded strong. It's ugly though, lol.

I took precautions not to spill any onto the skin. But, my little shield let some slip. But, it doesn't seem to react to the TPE. One glop, actually had time to harden. I used dish-soap and a natural sponge. A bit of it peeled away. I used baby oil, but the skin seems good so far.

elarring

Post by elarring »

I was finally able to test the repair thoroughly today. It worked, really well. Again, i had to do it twice, because I hadn't anticipated the cloth i used, absorbing the resin and pushing some of the cloth away. If i had to do it again, I would have put more in more cloth and used less absorbent material. I cut an old pillow case with a high thread count and packed it in there tightly. It looks ugly, but it's solid and hard, if not more so, than the original material. It bonded to everything. Thanks again RevJack, I used exactly what you suggested with the 101 hardener.
Attachments
vw2.jpg
vw2.jpg (2.45 MiB) Viewed 848 times
vw1.jpg
vw1.jpg (1.99 MiB) Viewed 848 times

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

Yay! Another excellent outcome :)

PermanentSexHair

Post by PermanentSexHair »

Haven't been replying because of health issues but thanks for the information. I'll keep this on file.
"Many people have sex-elves. Only I have a sex Romulan."

INFORMATIONS