Starpery.com

am doing a color test on a french madem doll

Got an idea? Need an invention?
timetraveler1
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

am doing a color test on a french madem doll

Post by timetraveler1 »

well i am trying a new color test on the french madem doll , it is called (i think) h2o latex spray paint and is suppose to work on latex , rubber, etc. got it at wal mart it is a light tan skin color ( as to the pink latex color french madems have ) this light tan color "if it works will more match the face color !!" i sprayed it only on the bottom of one stuffed foot am going to let it dry good then see how well it works flexes, stays on , etc. if it works good i'll stuff the doll completly hang it up without the head and paint it all very carefully . so will let others know how it turns out and show pics i took later . :)

Shaggnasty

Post by Shaggnasty »

Hey timetraveler

Interested in seeing how that turns out. Would be nice to see a fleshtone madam or any other tone but pink! Of course the newer ones are not near as bad as the first ones I had shipped in, but still...
Now Erin and I can settle down to an easy life of beer brewing. - Shaggnasty

timetraveler1
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

doll color

Post by timetraveler1 »

hello shagnasty , well i sprayed the bottom of the foot and let it dry all night it looked good but after i ran my hand over it , it did just flaked off , but i did later read on the can of spray it said any glossy surfaces need to be scuffed up with 220 sand paper (i should have known this , old age ) but i am not sure i want to scuff up the body that way to get this spray paint to stick (how would the body feel afterwards ) and how well would it still stick after all that trouble ?? so i am going back and checking on here what latex spray someone else had used that worked and re read his technics , i think his was a black doll . :)

Nonfactor
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Nonfactor »

I seem to recall something about latex paints not actually using latex these days. They're stiff and won't work on flexible surfaces.

lolipop

Post by lolipop »

Freddy is experienced in painting/spraying latex dolls. He has sprayed a beautiful African lady. You may search for his posts, if you don`t know already.

Shaggnasty

Post by Shaggnasty »

Tis true lolipop I remeber that as well. Seems he used latex and a pigment made for it or a pigmented latex, but it was real latex.

timetraveler
I don't blame you, I wouldn't take sandpaper to my doll eigther. It just goes to show you that you haven't gotten so old that you've turned STUPID! Definitely check out freddy's posts on his ebony doll. She turned ou looking real nice and you will get a lot of good info from it.
Now Erin and I can settle down to an easy life of beer brewing. - Shaggnasty

timetraveler1
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

freddy's sprayed doll

Post by timetraveler1 »

well i checked back on freedy's sprayed doll and saved the info . he used asetone rubbed on the body and let dried before he sprayed it to help the spray seal better on it . i pm'ed him to ask him how much latex spray he used to spray on the doll . this is the way to actually go as you will get more (if by the gallon buying) than in seperate latex spray cans which will be costly and you will only have a very thin layer of spray if you do it by aresole cans (if it was possible ) but wanted to test it and see any way , i don't recomend the aresole spray cans to anyone . i see on ebay they have a flesh tan color body paint you can buy that would work for spraying the dolls body . :D

lolipop

Post by lolipop »

ok if you are interested in testing, but easier to order a new FM or Laetitia. Color of the new dolls is ok, no longer pink.

starion
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by starion »

Try searching the web for extrinsic prosthetics colors. they have to be airbrushed on. They are for matching skin tones extrinsically(externally) for people who use silicone prosthesis. They are the best but they are very exspensive. Last I checked they were 24.99 for an ounce. They don't flake off of latex or silicone. They are a permanent thing....except they can rub off from continuous motion to one area with little or no lubrication so keep that in mind.

INFORMATIONS