betterlovedoll.com

Madame's Boudoir

For Doll related Photography, Graphics, and Web Design.

Moderator: Swan

KKFun

Re: Madame's Boudoir

Post by KKFun »

She starts a singing career, I am sure she is already a super star.

Phossil

Post by Phossil »

I KNEW IT!

Billiam
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by Billiam »

Hell yeah!

Michaelangelo
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Michaelangelo »

madamsynthetique wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 12:18 pm
Michaelangelo wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 1:05 pm
Love this thread, from that first, heart-stopping pair of photos (so simply gorgeous, that doll...), right down to your comment here, which I really appreciated since I feel much the same.

It's a problem with the old-school forum FIFO posting style I guess... but I'm glad I discovered your thread in all the noise :thumbs_up:
You're awesome, Michaelangelo. I'm glad someone could relate with some of my ravings. Case in point, I regret having missed Miranda till now. The warmth and affection from that thread is infectious. Subscribed.

I like that her shirt's a little big. Of course that wasn't really intentional... But it did add a layer of cuteness. I think I fussed enough pinching it in the right places so it didn't look too ridiculous, but didn't matter too much for what I was really going for...
Thx for your kind words and subscribing to Mira's thread, really appreciated, we'll have more up anon, been mad at work this month...
Really interested to see where you'll be going with this, already love the style in this photo and the shirt looks just right, I think! :thumbs_up:
Me and Miranda (WM 163C/159) post comic strips and other stuff on her thread.
Recent posts: a Halloween story, Mira's birthday, and competitions, including our first win! 🏆

RedHarry
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by RedHarry »

madamsynthetique wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:07 am Hello everyone,

TDF got me bit by the photography bug like many others and I'd like to share some love if that's okay. Would love to hear requests and ideas. I'll share some other "behind the scenes" things and other musings here as well. So come... have a seat on the bed. The ladies will be here shortly... ♥

(click for larger)
Image Image
Wow, I think I'm in love. She's really gorgeous and so sexy....very hot :) :) :)

madamsynthetique

Post by madamsynthetique »

Tex wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 12:55 pm Great posing, lovely girl :thumbs_up:
Thank you! How's Julie doing?
KKFun wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 8:20 pm She starts a singing career, I am sure she is already a super star.
Well, to me anyway she is...
Phossil wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 9:17 pm I KNEW IT!
You sure...? I mean... that is a really, really good guess... :D
Billiam wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 1:42 amHell yeah!
HELL YEAH!

Michaelangelo wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 5:38 am

Thx for your kind words and subscribing to Mira's thread, really appreciated, we'll have more up anon, been mad at work this month...
Really interested to see where you'll be going with this, already love the style in this photo and the shirt looks just right, I think! :thumbs_up:
I can relate. Work is really what squashes most of my time and effort into things like this. But darn it, that's how you get dolls to begin with. Thank you! If you can find the time I'd love to see more.

RedHarry wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 11:05 am Wow, I think I'm in love. She's really gorgeous and so sexy....very hot :) :) :)

Well, I think I'll have to bring her back soon! She's still around... Thank you for stopping by!

I don't know. I think I always had a particular reverence for performers that did sweat a lot or a little during the show. Like they were getting their full work day into just an hour or two...
Madam's Twitter - Instagram

madamsynthetique

Alright... alright...

Phossil wins... :)

Alan Levenson's portrait of Mariya Takeuchi is probably one of my all time favorites. I could write an essay on that and "Plastic Love" but I'll keep it brief and just say it's a lot of simple elements brought together for something enchanting with a dash of majestic. Google it and you'll find ample fanart and personally felt like a doll version needed to exist. Plus you can learn a little bit about photography/art by recreating some other works... famous or not. The song itself is quite good, too. Sort of warrants it's own analysis, but I'll shut up for now.

"dolls"... "Plastic Love"? No? Only amusing to me? Fair enough...

Billiam
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by Billiam »

That's awesome! Turned out great!

Michaelangelo
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Michaelangelo »

madamsynthetique wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 12:56 pm Alan Levenson's portrait of Mariya Takeuchi is probably one of my all time favorites. I could write an essay on that and "Plastic Love" but I'll keep it brief and just say it's a lot of simple elements brought together for something enchanting with a dash of majestic. Google it and you'll find ample fanart and personally felt like a doll version needed to exist. Plus you can learn a little bit about photography/art by recreating some other works... famous or not. The song itself is quite good, too. Sort of warrants it's own analysis, but I'll shut up for now.
Gorgeous work! This has inspired me to have a crack at a favourite of mine. I love how you have caught her in motion, a real snapshot in time... :thumbs_up:
Me and Miranda (WM 163C/159) post comic strips and other stuff on her thread.
Recent posts: a Halloween story, Mira's birthday, and competitions, including our first win! 🏆

4891d
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by 4891d »

I'm wondering how you got the hair movement. :?:
Is the doll actually lying on the floor and you photograph her from above after arranging her hair? Or did you hold her hair up and let it down just as you were taking the picture?
Links to 4891d's dolls-stories. : viewtopic.php?t=156068
Saaskiya, my beautiful gift (Zelex GE04) : viewtopic.php?t=154462
Trixie came to me (Funwest Dolls Trixie) : viewtopic.php?t=155900
Eurydice, a nice surprise (Elsa Babe RHC019)

KKFun

Post by KKFun »

Amazing way to treat the hair. Just like the CD cover, awesome work.

madamsynthetique

Billiam wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 2:16 pm That's awesome! Turned out great!
Thanks! I was hoping I wasn't the only one that thought it turned out well!
Michaelangelo wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 6:03 pm
Gorgeous work! This has inspired me to have a crack at a favourite of mine. I love how you have caught her in motion, a real snapshot in time... :thumbs_up:
Highly recommended! I'm really curious as to what you'll come up with... We need more "doll versions" of things.
4891d wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 3:32 am I'm wondering how you got the hair movement. :?:
Is the doll actually lying on the floor and you photograph her from above after arranging her hair? Or did you hold her hair up and let it down just as you were taking the picture?
KKFun wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 6:02 pm Amazing way to treat the hair. Just like the CD cover, awesome work.
The hair actually has some air blowing it from a small leaf blower that was entirely too loud for indoors. I imagine a hair dryer or maybe just some aggressive fanning could work, too. It was a little tricky but the ingredients for that sort of thing are:
Fast shutter speed
Bright lights to compensate
Continuous shooting so you can get get several shots from a single blast of air and pick the best one or edit a couple of them together
Tripod and remote trigger would help immensely

In Alan and Mariya's original shot I'm almost certain she was just asked to quickly twirl around and I'm also certain a much bigger softbox was used... but probably just the one with no other lights. But therein lies the value of this. Just dissecting something lovely so it can be applied to other things.
Until next time...

KKFun

Post by KKFun »

Thanks a lot for the tips madamsynthetique. :D

madamsynthetique

KKFun wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 4:33 pm Thanks a lot for the tips madamsynthetique. :D
Anytime, sir. There's better on YouTube that could explain that sort of thing in depth. I think we both might've watched a ton of tutorials... Or at least I did...

Irontech S30
What? So soon?

Billiam
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by Billiam »

Beautiful!

INFORMATIONS