betterlovedoll.com

Information repository

This forum is devoted SOLELY to questions and answers regarding how to use the forum and other features of the "The Doll Forum" website. Questions or help regarding dolls should be posted elsewhere. Bug reports can also all be found here. If you encounter a bug, this is where to address it.
Inkling
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by Inkling »

I'm not advocating anything - just trying to answer a question.

There's no way of doing this in such a way that "not even Bill" or mytime can access it. Someone has to have the domain, server, and access to the software.

The easiest way to accomplish what you are requesting would be through PMs. Then moderators of that forum could post a response to the most frequently asked questions in their PMs and immediately lock the Sticky thread. With each Q and A, the person could unlock the thread, post, then lock the thread.

Gradually the notion of having moderators for individual forums has changed so now there are Super Moderators - they can moderate any forum. However, there can be a person or two who all ready has moderator status/access who is a recognized "expert" or Guru for that particular forum or topic.
<div>So long, and thanks for all the fish!<br>- Douglas Adams</div>

Ex-Member

Post by 091106 »

a

mytime
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by mytime »

Hi TDF,

I very vageuly remember your PM, was probably too busy with other things.
But the goal you are aiming is a good goal.
Any way we should see where we can get.
The TDF has a search engine, but when used it comes up with a ton of information.
Old time users will remember the posts often and know how to interpret it, but new time users may go wrong (e.g. use 2002 information for today's Realdoll does not work out always that well).
A better system, e.g. wiki is welcome.
Our current faq is outdated but I feel the need for a faq, or maybe in todays internet terms a wiki.

Mytime & Helen
One dream, one mission...

Ex-Member

Post by 091106 »

Me again.

Looks like you guys didn't make Reference information sticky. Oh well.

I'm starting another thread in Dolls in General on Hard to find dolls. Please consider it for sticky status, too. Thanks

INFORMATIONS