Getting back to reality; I saw this invention on UK TV

Got an idea? Need an invention?
zazakell
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Getting back to reality; I saw this invention on UK TV

Post by zazakell »

Hi All,

It's not my invention, But we have this programme on UK TV called the Dragons Den. Inventors try and get finance from one or more of four Businesmen/Woman. They come up with all sorts of crazy ideas. Some are accepted and they get the finance and the help to set up the business, but most are people with dreams and think they've got the best idea since sliced bread.

Anyway! These two guys came on the programme with an idea they called a baby soother. It's a device that works with electricity a sort of platform that you can put the baby stroller on and it rocks the stroller or whatever else you wanna put the baby in and soothes it and makes it go to sleep.

They didn't get the finance because one of the businessmen said that he thought that the idea wasn't original and they didn't have a patent, so they would be in competition with another company.

So, I got to thinking.... if there's a device that can rock a stroller with a baby inside up and down, back and forward, maybe it could rock something else, up and down, backward and forward. :twisted:

So I started to look on the internet...and Bingo, I found the baby rocker.
It's called a Dream Mover Baby Rocker and sells here for about £80 Sterling; US$ 155

The add says you can even put baby on a blanket on the platform, there's absolutely no risk.

Next plan is to find out what sort of weight this is designed for. my Teddy-Babes will have NO problem. It just means I'll have to get into training with some pushups or use a wide footstool or some other gadget to take the weight off the doll as she rocks back and forward up and down underneath me. Well I'm not getting any younger, why should I do all the work! :wink:

If you want the web address you can PM me and I'll give it to you, but you should be able to find it using it's name. I don't know if it sells in the States or the rest of Europe.

Just imagine if it takes the weight of a RD etc. It would be like Dolly coming to life and pushing back. YeH! :twisted:

xxxtoytech
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by xxxtoytech »

You can see the product FAQ here. Note that the maximum load is 30kg; RealDolls have weight from 35kg to 50kg (see RealDoll studio).

Why not use a furniture dolly (haha!) to move the doll back and forth in a linear motion. Please note that I have listed the dolly page for illustration purposes only.

xxxtoytech

zazakell
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by zazakell »

xxxtoytech wrote:You can see the product FAQ here. Note that the maximum load is 30kg; RealDolls have weight from 35kg to 50kg (see RealDoll studio).

Why not use a furniture dolly (haha!) to move the doll back and forth in a linear motion. Please note that I have listed the dolly page for illustration purposes only.

xxxtoytech
Hi there,

they might print that just to avoid any legal problem, might be worth a try.

If you were to use the furniture dolly, you'd have rig up some kind of motor with a mechanism to get the forward and back movement.

Or maybe I'm barking up the wrong tree. I've read some posts somewhere, where the doll owner has rigged up ceiling hooks and bungies under the dolls arms, to get an up and down movement going. Principal sounds good, but you've still got to have some physical input to keep the dolly bouncing. :twisted:

I've been trying to find an idea for a totally hands free experience; just lie back and enjoy. :lol:
Honi soit qui mal y pense. (Shame on those who think evil of dolls)

xxxtoytech
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by xxxtoytech »

You shouldn't need a motor, furniture dollies have bearings in the wheels and give very little resistance. You might also be able to use fridge wheels (the kind you purchase to make moving a fridge easy). Cheap, low to the floor, handles heavy loads.

xxxtoytech

INFORMATIONS