Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

Ready to Order but can't seem to get a hold of Abyss

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

jellynuts13
Active Poster
Active Poster

Ready to Order but can't seem to get a hold of Abyss

Post by jellynuts13 »

Hey guys, I hope you're doing well.

I'm finally ready to order a Real Doll after years of only being able to look at them on the website. Unfortunately, after trying to reach out to them to ask them a couple of questions, they haven't responded to me. I sent the first message through the website 10 days ago, and a follow up message 7 days ago thinking that I might've sent the first one to the wrong department. I also sent a message directly to a guy named Sam who works in Sales. I even tried contacting them on their website today with the chat thing, and still nothing. I remember emailing Abyss years ago back and forth when I was still just asking them questions, and they always responded to me at least within 24 hours. However, now I find it strange that after sending a message telling them that I'm ready to order there's simply no response.

I understand they're busy, and all that, but I'd really like a response from them. I'm not sure if making a thread here will make much of a difference or not, but I'm hoping maybe a representative of theirs might see this and get in touch with me.

PersianKat

Re: Ready to Order but can't seem to get a hold of Abyss

Post by PersianKat »

Hi,

It can be hard to track them down but they do respond. sales@realdoll.com/ +1 (760) 471-8418
Sam is slammed busy took him a little while to answer but he did call me. I wanted to change an order this was after the Black Friday sale.
A lot of people are in vacation mode as it's the week before the 4th of July so a lot of their staff may be on Vacation.

They are 9 months out so you can put in your order and always make the changes after the fact and get dialed in by Sam. It will get your place in the queue as its based on order date. If you dont want to go through with it you can always cancel before production 10% re stock fee.

anonymousdfuser

Post by anonymousdfuser »

jellynuts13 wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:40 pm Hey guys, I hope you're doing well.

I'm finally ready to order a Real Doll after years of only being able to look at them on the website. Unfortunately, after trying to reach out to them to ask them a couple of questions, they haven't responded to me. I sent the first message through the website 10 days ago, and a follow up message 7 days ago thinking that I might've sent the first one to the wrong department. I also sent a message directly to a guy named Sam who works in Sales. I even tried contacting them on their website today with the chat thing, and still nothing. I remember emailing Abyss years ago back and forth when I was still just asking them questions, and they always responded to me at least within 24 hours. However, now I find it strange that after sending a message telling them that I'm ready to order there's simply no response.

I understand they're busy, and all that, but I'd really like a response from them. I'm not sure if making a thread here will make much of a difference or not, but I'm hoping maybe a representative of theirs might see this and get in touch with me.
Hey, their sales and customer support guy (yes, RD only has one person) is extremely busy and backlogged, so it may take a while for him to reply. I recently ordered and had a similar experience. RD really needs to hire more support/sales staff. If you have any questions about ordering or options, feel free to DM me as I literally went through the ordering process within the past few weeks. Also note that their website is quite out of date and doesn't reflect current options accurately.
Zelex 170C Inspiration Series

RealDoll Body AA with Harmony head - retired, will be selling

jellynuts13
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by jellynuts13 »

PersianKat wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:41 pm Hi,

It can be hard to track them down but they do respond. sales@realdoll.com/ +1 (760) 471-8418
Sam is slammed busy took him a little while to answer but he did call me. I wanted to change an order this was after the Black Friday sale.
A lot of people are in vacation mode as it's the week before the 4th of July so a lot of their staff may be on Vacation.

They are 9 months out so you can put in your order and always make the changes after the fact and get dialed in by Sam. It will get your place in the queue as its based on order date. If you dont want to go through with it you can always cancel before production 10% re stock fee.
Yeah, I'm finding that it's hard to track them down. It's bad enough to struggle with real women, but to also struggle trying to snag a synthetic woman is something else :haha4: . All jokes aside though, I'll message them with the email address you you've given me, and see how that goes. I can't ring them though, because I live in Australia and don't have international calls available on my landline or mobile. Email is my only way of contacting them.

I wondered about whether or not they were on vacation when I initially got no answer. I can understand they're busy, but to be honest with you, I'm starting to look at other dolls brands as I'm feeling less enthused about doing business with them over this lack of communication. To give you an idea of how keen I was, I'd already picked out the face, the body and all the other customisations. I've been eyeing off Real Dolls for the last 10 years and have always wanted one. If they had gotten back to me even after a week of making me wait, I would've already ordered by now. It's been two weeks now, and I'm running out of patience and excuses for them.

I know they make beautiful dolls, and I know for a while there they were arguably the best in the business. Maybe they still are, but if they can't even get back to me and answer a couple of simple questions... I know I can order with them now, but it's a lot of money and quite possibly the most expensive thing I've ever purchased and I wanted to talk to someone there first for some peace of mind.

Anyway, I appreciate your advice, and help.
anonymousdfuser wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 4:24 pm
jellynuts13 wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:40 pm Hey guys, I hope you're doing well.

Hey, their sales and customer support guy (yes, RD only has one person) is extremely busy and backlogged, so it may take a while for him to reply. I recently ordered and had a similar experience. RD really needs to hire more support/sales staff. If you have any questions about ordering or options, feel free to DM me as I literally went through the ordering process within the past few weeks. Also note that their website is quite out of date and doesn't reflect current options accurately.
Like I said before. I do understand how busy they are. I also understand having only one person answering emails is a bit ridiculous and it's no wonder I haven't gotten a reply yet. How long can a person reasonably be expected to wait though? It's been nearly 2 weeks for me since I initially tried to message them. How long did you have to wait to hear back from them?

Thanks for your offer for me to DM you for help with the ordering process. If I decide to persevere with Real Doll I might take you up on that. However, I'm starting to look at other brands now, and I'm not sure if I'll be able to deal with this sort of non-communication for too much longer.

chase779
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by chase779 »

I went through it also but the quality makes the hassle worth it imo

anonymousdfuser

Post by anonymousdfuser »

jellynuts13 wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:50 pm

Yeah, I'm finding that it's hard to track them down. It's bad enough to struggle with real women, but to also struggle trying to snag a synthetic woman is something else :haha4: . All jokes aside though, I'll message them with the email address you you've given me, and see how that goes. I can't ring them though, because I live in Australia and don't have international calls available on my landline or mobile. Email is my only way of contacting them.

I wondered about whether or not they were on vacation when I initially got no answer. I can understand they're busy, but to be honest with you, I'm starting to look at other dolls brands as I'm feeling less enthused about doing business with them over this lack of communication. To give you an idea of how keen I was, I'd already picked out the face, the body and all the other customisations. I've been eyeing off Real Dolls for the last 10 years and have always wanted one. If they had gotten back to me even after a week of making me wait, I would've already ordered by now. It's been two weeks now, and I'm running out of patience and excuses for them.

I know they make beautiful dolls, and I know for a while there they were arguably the best in the business. Maybe they still are, but if they can't even get back to me and answer a couple of simple questions... I know I can order with them now, but it's a lot of money and quite possibly the most expensive thing I've ever purchased and I wanted to talk to someone there first for some peace of mind.

Like I said before. I do understand how busy they are. I also understand having only one person answering emails is a bit ridiculous and it's no wonder I haven't gotten a reply yet. How long can a person reasonably be expected to wait though? It's been nearly 2 weeks for me since I initially tried to message them. How long did you have to wait to hear back from them?

Thanks for your offer for me to DM you for help with the ordering process. If I decide to persevere with Real Doll I might take you up on that. However, I'm starting to look at other brands now, and I'm not sure if I'll be able to deal with this sort of non-communication for too much longer.
Knowing you are in Australia does provide some context. Their hours are 7:00AM-3:00PM PST/PDT on Monday through Friday. So you are not going to get an immediate response, regardless of the customer volume Sam is dealing with at the time. Also it's unfortunate that you can't call as that would probably be the best way to reach them. At least that's what Sam told me. He's frequently running around the office and factory doing different sales and customer service things, so he can't always be at the desk to check chat messages or emails. Although none of this explains the 1 week plus waiting times. I would try writing again. Sometimes I find that persistence is key. Also, do mention that you want to order. Specifically say "order". They must have some filter that flags messages containing that word, because I noticed that I got an immediate response when I mentioned that I wanted to place an order.

I was also in the position of going to RD first, and then getting frustrated with the lack of a response, and then going to a Chinese manufacturer. I will be honest and say that I got a doll that I love. But she has some issues. Her first body had a defective skeleton and it snapped in half, in addition to other issues. Her second body is genuinely amazing and super soft and strong for silicone, but it still has issues, such as with the paint rubbing off too easily. I had some extra money, and with some persistence and patience, I've got a RealDollX robot ordered.

I do also recommend subscribing to Brick's OnlyFans. I didn't want to do it at first, but it's honestly worth it. The guy knows everything there is to know about RealDolls and is super friendly and helpful.
Zelex 170C Inspiration Series

RealDoll Body AA with Harmony head - retired, will be selling

jellynuts13
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by jellynuts13 »

chase779 wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:18 pm I went through it also but the quality makes the hassle worth it imo
So how long did it take for them to message you back if you don't mind me asking?

I know that Real Dolls are really nice, and have a pretty solid reputation for quality and beauty, but I'm not confident in buying from them until I actually can talk to someone first. It's a lot of money, and as much as I want a Real Doll, the lack of the communication is making me wary of them. I know it wasn't always the case with them, as I've emailed them before when I was only able to look at the dolls, but that was years ago before the world, and the economy started really going down the toilet.
anonymousdfuser wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:51 pm
jellynuts13 wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:50 pm

Knowing you are in Australia does provide some context. Their hours are 7:00AM-3:00PM PST/PDT on Monday through Friday. So you are not going to get an immediate response, regardless of the customer volume Sam is dealing with at the time. Also it's unfortunate that you can't call as that would probably be the best way to reach them. At least that's what Sam told me. He's frequently running around the office and factory doing different sales and customer service things, so he can't always be at the desk to check chat messages or emails. Although none of this explains the 1 week plus waiting times. I would try writing again. Sometimes I find that persistence is key. Also, do mention that you want to order. Specifically say "order". They must have some filter that flags messages containing that word, because I noticed that I got an immediate response when I mentioned that I wanted to place an order.

I was also in the position of going to RD first, and then getting frustrated with the lack of a response, and then going to a Chinese manufacturer. I will be honest and say that I got a doll that I love. But she has some issues. Her first body had a defective skeleton and it snapped in half, in addition to other issues. Her second body is genuinely amazing and super soft and strong for silicone, but it still has issues, such as with the paint rubbing off too easily. I had some extra money, and with some persistence and patience, I've got a RealDollX robot ordered.

I do also recommend subscribing to Brick's OnlyFans. I didn't want to do it at first, but it's honestly worth it. The guy knows everything there is to know about RealDolls and is super friendly and helpful.
Yeah, I understand that the time difference between our countries means I'm not going to get an immediate response. Also, I get that Sam is a busy man juggling multiple jobs and such. 2 weeks to reply to an email is pretty bad IMHO though. I'm trying my best to be patient, and understanding but that's inexcusable for any business, let alone one that's selling love dolls at a premium price; I worked out it'll cost me a minimum of 12 grand Australian with minimal customisation, and without factoring in the migraines associated with customs and duties. I most certainly can afford it, but not if they're going to play hard to get with me.

I also have already persisted a fair bit with them. I've sent about five messages to them clearly stating my intention to order as well. I even had the words "Ready to Order" in my subject heading. If that didn't tell them I was ready to order than I don't know what will. I will try and email them again, but I'm getting a bit sick of writing the same message over and over again, only to have it once again not read or even looked at.

That's terrible that your doll had a defective skeleton, and it broke in half! What nightmare! It sounds like you got that sorted, which is good, but it's a shame about the paint thing rubbing off as well. I guess that's a concern for me too, if I get a Real Doll and there's something wrong with it, I'm stuffed because I live in Australia, and sending it in for repairs isn't exactly an option. Not to mention, the whole not emailing me back for weeks at a time gives me pretty cold feet when I think about the possibility of needing help with repairs and not getting any reply.

As I mentioned before, I know it wasn't always that way with them, as I've spoken to them through email in the past, but I was answered with 24 hours and for the longest time I thought they were the best in regards to customer service and reliability. In saying that, I do hope things work out with you and your order with them. I was looking at getting a RealDollX as well, but I'll see how I go. It doesn't look like I'm getting anything at this stage. :haha4:

I actually even messaged Brick to see if he could pass on a message to them at Abyss for me, and I asked him some questions about the pubic hair option and such. I probably will sign up to his only fans, because he's got a lot of good info. Thanks for the tip and your help.

PersianKat

Post by PersianKat »

There is a massive labor shortage in the USA
You literally cannot hire people right now.

While it sounds insane that they only have one person it’s because They literally cannot hire more man power.

I’m in the hvac and electrical business. It’s unfortunate but what you’re experiencing as a consumer is what our clients are facing.
We are working 60+ hours a week and at burn out. And people are pissed at us with the same they don’t respond. It’s impossible to respond. The people working are tapped out and burning out.

PersianKat

Post by PersianKat »

RD recently excepted California for a new home in Nevada

California is not business friendly
High taxes
Lots of Covid restrictions etc
Lots of work place rules

So they are probably trying to get the plant up and running full steam.

PersianKat

Post by PersianKat »

The chat thing goes to Sam's desk so if you do it during Australian time it won't work.

Your spending 12 AUD get a google number and call them in the morning. Sam will call you back. I have always called them Sam usually calls back the same day.

I had an RD for a decade its for the wait for the quality. I am currently waiting on #2.

Like I said order it now and make the changes in motion. They will respond.

As for the claim that its a premium price I am not sure their margins are all that great. Labor in the USA is expensive. Most dolls are made in Asia somewhere with cheap labor. Relative to the labor cost I don't think they are raking it in. If Matt was on Shark tank Mr Wonderfull wouldn't be impressed.

jellynuts13
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by jellynuts13 »

PersianKat wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 12:22 am There is a massive labor shortage in the USA
You literally cannot hire people right now.

While it sounds insane that they only have one person it’s because They literally cannot hire more man power.

I’m in the hvac and electrical business. It’s unfortunate but what you’re experiencing as a consumer is what our clients are facing.
We are working 60+ hours a week and at burn out. And people are pissed at us with the same they don’t respond. It’s impossible to respond. The people working are tapped out and burning out.
That's a fair point, and I do sympathise with that. Australia is not much better with the labour shortages, especially in the healthcare sector.
PersianKat wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 12:27 am RD recently excepted California for a new home in Nevada

California is not business friendly
High taxes
Lots of Covid restrictions etc
Lots of work place rules

So they are probably trying to get the plant up and running full steam.
Again, I can understand all of that. With that being said, maybe I should wait until they get back to running at full steam.
PersianKat wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 1:08 am The chat thing goes to Sam's desk so if you do it during Australian time it won't work.

Your spending 12 AUD get a google number and call them in the morning. Sam will call you back. I have always called them Sam usually calls back the same day.

I had an RD for a decade its for the wait for the quality. I am currently waiting on #2.

Like I said order it now and make the changes in motion. They will respond.

As for the claim that its a premium price I am not sure their margins are all that great. Labor in the USA is expensive. Most dolls are made in Asia somewhere with cheap labor. Relative to the labor cost I don't think they are raking it in. If Matt was on Shark tank Mr Wonderfull wouldn't be impressed.
I knew they were offline when I sent the message through chat given the time differences, but it told me to leave my email for someone to get back to me so I was expecting that someone might've seen it. I'd already sent three messages to them by that point. 2 through the contact form on the website, and one to Sam directly. I thought I'd would try the chat since I couldn't get them the other way.

If all else fails, I might look into getting that Google number as you suggested, and try calling. Thanks for the tip.

I heard good things about the quality of the Real Doll, and how long they last, which is why they're my first choice. I've been researching them on and off for the last 10 years ever since I've heard about them.

When I made the claim about them being a premium price, that wasn't a slight against Abyss for charging that much. Obviously, I'm still willing to buy from them despite the price. However, without going into too much detail on my socio economic status, 12 grand is not a trivial amount for me. Obviously the Chinese brands are a third of that price, but most likely not the same quality. That's what I meant when I made the comment about their dolls being at a premium price.

I know about the differences in the cost of labour in the US as opposed to places in Asia. Also the increased costs in all the raw materials needed would also play a big factor in what they charge for their dolls. I would even add another point, and that is that the quality control for Real Dolls is most likely much more stringent then the Asian brands. This would also cost more in labour and training.

As for Matt being on Shark Tank, I'm neither here or there on that one. I think he's doing alright though considering his dolls have been featured on different shows like Sons of Anarchy, and Grey's Anatomy; not to mention Abyss always seem to make an appearance at Sexpo's. Real Dolls are a household name in any case which would suggest they're not going under any time soon. At least I hope not for their sakes.

I know some of the things I've said have probably come across as being brusque. I'm not angry with Abyss, I'm just disappointed as I've always held them in a pretty high regard, not just because of their craftmanship, but also their professionalism. Like I said, maybe it's not the best time to order from them.

I've sent them another email before as Brick suggested and anonymousdfuser suggested. Maybe fifth time's the charm, huh? We'll wait and see.

PersianKat

Post by PersianKat »

Did you get a hold of them?

jellynuts13
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by jellynuts13 »

PersianKat wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 3:49 am Did you get a hold of them?
Nah, I sent them another email to the sales department a few days ago and still no reply.

I've decided not to do business with them for now. I've been talking to Andrew from Sex Dolls Australia, and I'm looking at buying a another brand doll. They look really realistic, and I really like their faces.

I've been going back and forth with Andrew asking different questions about the doll, and I'm looking at making a purchase really soon.

If Abyss get in touch with me before I buy the the other I might reconsider doing business with them. However, at the moment I'm not going to worry about them.

It's a shame, but it is what it is.

jellynuts13
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by jellynuts13 »

This is just an update for anyone who's interested.

Sam from Realdoll has finally gotten back to me, and has helped me with answering some of my questions. He's even offered to call me which I really appreciate. I'm still also talking to Andrew from Sex Doll Australia about the another doll I had my eye on.

I'm wondering for those of you on here that have experience with both Realdoll, and Zelex if you can give me your opinion on which way I should go. Given my budget, I can afford either, but the price margin between other dolls and Realdoll is making me stall a bit. With that being said, actually speaking to Sam means that the option of getting the Realdoll is back on the table.

I've been weighing up a list of pros and cons between the two options, and I'm hoping to make an order on one of them by the end of this week, if all goes well. Any sort of feedback will be appreciated as it might help me make my mind up.

Thanks guys, and I hope you're all having a good week so far.

PersianKat

Post by PersianKat »

Thanks for the update

Awesome that they are talking to you now.

I wish I had experience with another doll brand but I only have a RD2. I will say that she has held up amazing well for a 10 year old doll.

INFORMATIONS