teddy-babes.com

1 Year Review of the TB Deluxe Swivel... and its not good :/

The place to discuss our plush companions made by Eighth Wonder LLC.
Invo
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

1 Year Review of the TB Deluxe Swivel... and its not good :/

Post by Invo »

Let me open by saying I love TB's. Always had an interest in dolls, plush ones especially, and 5 years ago I never could of dreamed a doll like a Teddy Babe could even exist (wasn't in these circles just yet.) I respect the work they do, which is why I need to be brutally honest here:

My first real doll was Tyra, a Diana model classic, and to this day she is perfection in plush form. My longterm GF and I got her together almost 3 years ago, and since then my GF loves her practically more than I do (which is a lot.) The quality, the comfort, and the attractiveness of those classic and neo classic models are just top notch

So, seeing how much we loved our TB classic, we were excited to hear about the 'new and improved' swivel leg Teddy Babes Eighth Wonder was releasing.

Well they were new... but as for improved..... :/

I really want to give Eighth Wonder the benefit of the doubt. The pandemic was tough on business.

But wow did the quality of modern TB's nosedive. I believe they changed manufacturers, and whatever one theyre using now is abysmal
20210508_105520.jpg
20210508_105520.jpg (3.2 MiB) Viewed 2463 times
20210508_105046.jpg
20210508_105046.jpg (3.32 MiB) Viewed 2463 times
Height: We got "Jess," a Deluxe Cindy model, about a year ago, and right out of the box I raised an eyebrow.

The Deluxes were advertised at about 5'5". Some variation is fine, but jess clocked in at over 6 feet tall out of the box.

More than that, the extra half foot of height was because the shape of her torso is almost inhuman? Its unnaturally long which means even just sitting her up in bed will leave her towering over you.

Plush-ness: But whatever, our new doll is an Amazonian, we can live with that. At least she's still a big plush we can cuddle up to... right?

So, so wrong. Whatever Jess is stuffed with is rock hard. I was told it would take time to soften her up. 1 year later, I can confirm that thats just not true

The rotary cuffs in her legs are so tough it that when paired with her height, makes cuddling a nightmare. Her chest is the same. You can squeeze as hard as you want but there is just no give at all. The only soft part on the dolls body are her legs, but that doesn't help when her torso is more akin to a fabric mannequin than a plush doll.

Quality: Worse still, there are so many quality issues with her. The stitching on her back is crude, her neck is almost swollen, and there are even differences in the tone of fabric on her body (nothing too extreme, but notable)

Its clear that corners were cut with making these dolls. None of the quality and charm that we had with Tyra is there with Jess's construction.

Intimacy: The most common complaint I've seen for the new TB's is the placement of their orifices, and yeah, theyre kind of a mess! Jess's entry is practically on her stomach, with her rear being so unreasonably tight with the stuffing being so tough that its practically un-enterable

TB's are supposed to be sex dolls at their core, and yet the ball was dropped so hard on something as simple as orifice placement. smh
20210605_142821.jpg
20210605_142821.jpg (3.01 MiB) Viewed 2463 times
Conclusion: The fact that the 'new and improved' teddy babes were met with a price increase, up to almost $1000, is borderline insulting seeing how much production costs were cut.

Again, I really want to support Eighth Wonder. I really wanted to love our Cindy doll the same way we loved our Diana Classic.

But after 1 year of owning one, Jess is now just a mannequin we use for decoration, because she serves virtually no practical purpose for cuddling, intimacy, and if we took her off her display stand, you'd begin to notice how many issues are going on underneath her dress.

This might be harsh, but I've seen how great TB's can be, which makes it that much harder to see the state of things now.

If I had to use one word (says the guy who just wrote an obnoxiously long review) to describe the TB Deluxe swivels, itd just be "Disappointing."

(And don't get me started on the new ones with the silicone masks...)

If anyone from Eighth Wonder reads this, I do respect you guys. So please, respect your customers back? If even loyal repeat customers are turning to new brands, its time to shape up

Or just make everyone happy and bring back the TB Classics. Or allow doll customization like other brands like Kinky Plush and BSP and Valentina do.

Sorry if this rubs anyone the wrong way, but I only say this because I want the best for the company, and can't see it doing well for too long if it stays on this path.

Sincerely, some schmuck who has one perfect Teddy Babe and one tough, misshapen, practically inusuable one
20220228_090410.jpg
20220228_090410.jpg (3.2 MiB) Viewed 2463 times
20210610_221839.jpg
20210610_221839.jpg (3.45 MiB) Viewed 2463 times

Gaijin
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: 1 Year Review of the TB Deluxe Swivel... and its not good :/

Post by Gaijin »

Thanks for posting this. Reviews aren't very useful if they are not honest. A lot of us here dearly love these gals, and like you, want to see them shine, and 8th Wonder continue to be successful. I hope they find this sort of feedback useful, and use it to improve.

Burts
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Burts »

I have sheeba since she was released, well over a year....I absolutly love it and wouldnt change anything, I also had a original teddy babe..... Oh actually id make the butt hole much bigger

Bunnyboybob
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Bunnyboybob »

I have all three of the Teddybabe Ultramodels, as well as a Dianna deluxe, and I can honestly say I love them to bits. Real characters. Sorry to hear you're dissapointed, I suppose my expectations of them are different to yours.
I've even taken my my Teddybabe Ultra Beverly out in n my car to sit in the park with my dog for a photo shoot. A bunch of builders went past and wolf whistled her.
When I figure out how to upload the photos from my phone, I'll post them on the forum.
I've also taken her sister Robyn to a restaurant for a meal. A lady came over and stroked her hair.
Sheba is waiting to go out next. I have to make alterations to her neck friction as her head turns a little to easily. But that's the only problem worth mentioning.
Sex is great when you find the right sleeves and onaholes to use. Not keen on the ones they supply you with. But they work. My oldest is eighteen months old now and thanks to much use and massage she is starting to soften up.
People ask me if I'm all right?
I plainly tell them, "I'm half left, actually."

DG
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by DG »

I'm glad you posted this review. It is honest and manufacturers are not going to know what they need to improve on, if we do not speak up and say something. One thing I am curious about though is this: If you discovered these issues right out of the box, did you contact Eighth Wonder right away, or your vendor, to let them know how displeased you were? Did they offer any kind of compensation or correction?
I love and have loved many dolls.
Former Dolls:
Samantha - SY 165cm Elf
Charles - IronTech male
Clint - IronTech male
Marcellus - Male Real Doll - Body A
Orion - Male Real Doll - Body A
Lance - WM Male #207 head
Larry - WM Male #207 head
Colt - Gabriel M1 Sinthetics Male
Dolls in Storage:
Laurence (aka Doc, Dorian, Beau) - Homemade fabric male doll
Trevor - Homemade Fabric male doll
Tristan - Homemade Fabric/Silicone hybrid male doll
Landon - WM Male #207 Head

Current Dolls
Lawrence - Homemade Fabric/Silicone hybrid male doll

ChaseTruth TJ
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by ChaseTruth TJ »

I alerted 8th Wonder to this thread and they will be following it.

My main complaint is they are too tall and I'm only 5ft.
Might we take them down from 5'9" to 5ft? Maybe shorten the torso?
The holes don't matter to me. I have no use for them, but you are right about them being too high if you want to be accurate.

A tan skin option would open up the possiblity of new dolls, such as a Beach tan blonde, a Latina and maybe others.
Just an idea.
That which does not kill me.................BETTER RUN DARN FAST!!!

Namor1st

Post by Namor1st »

There 6ft tall thats awesome, they should
make them taller. A stuffed doll can be tall with out being heavie.
Hass any body ever put breast forms or latex suit or inflatable doll body over them.

Invo
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Invo »

Namor1st wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 3:07 pm There 6ft tall thats awesome, they should
make them taller. A stuffed doll can be tall with out being heavie.
Hass any body ever put breast forms or latex suit or inflatable doll body over them.
Lol, the main issue is all that height comes from the odd shape of the torso. Leads to a lot of issues with cuddling and or playing with the dolls

That and it'd be fine if they made a taller version for those who want that, but these were advertised to be 5'5" , so the disparity here seems like more of a manufacturing issue

Have to agree with TJ, shorter dolls, even if theyre not quite the size of the OG neo classics, would be the best of both worlds here

setrack

Post by setrack »

come on 8th Wonder give us guys what we want , no taller than 5 feet (152 cm)

Invo
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Invo »

Bonus pics showing just how extreme the height difference is

Ty (diana model) is about 4.5 ft, and is the perfect size for cuddling, discrete storage, etc.

I can see how a slightly more realistic height of 5 ft to 5'5" might be appealing, but its almost comical how we over shot that and how all the height was added to the torso

And the original Deluxes aren't even available anymore, right? I'd genuinely be interested to see if Eighth Wonder still has any left in their storeroom (Thats how we got Tyra a few years back, apparently there was a batch of old Diana models left over that they never sold so I got her for a discounted rate)
20220226_141203.jpg
20220226_141203.jpg (3.41 MiB) Viewed 2061 times
20210605_161451.jpg
20210605_161451.jpg (5.09 MiB) Viewed 2061 times
20210605_142707.jpg
20210605_142707.jpg (2.85 MiB) Viewed 2061 times
20210605_142658.jpg
20210605_142658.jpg (3.03 MiB) Viewed 2061 times

Missionary
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Missionary »

Your Ty (Diana) is the cutest Babe.

Bunnyboybob
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Bunnyboybob »

Here's Dianna all grown up. She says.
"Oh there's some photos of me when I was a teenager."
Attachments
IMG_20221123_163945_9~2.jpg
IMG_20221123_163945_9~2.jpg (183.08 KiB) Viewed 1973 times
I plainly tell them, "I'm half left, actually."

ChaseTruth TJ
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by ChaseTruth TJ »

I'd like to know where the ligher chocolate milk skin went and why do they give you a different Dianna
from what they show on their site? They should change the picture or sell what they show.
That which does not kill me.................BETTER RUN DARN FAST!!!

Invo
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Invo »

Bunnyboybob wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 11:47 am Here's Dianna all grown up. She says.
"Oh there's some photos of me when I was a teenager."
Haha, Ty is a bit vertically challenged, but no joke she might just be one of the older Teddy Babes on the forum here

I've only had her for just short of 3 years, but before that she was in storage over at Eighth Wonder since Classics stopped being produced, so like a decade ago!

Really kind of sad to imagine her alone in some dark box for a literal decade before I got her, but you could also look at it that she was waiting for an owner all while I was growing up and the timing worked out perfectly, because she was only sold in a limited stint right when I got my first apartment and could finally get my own doll

Pretty uncanny timing and I couldn't be happier
20220903_153159.jpg
20220903_153159.jpg (3.13 MiB) Viewed 1900 times
20220903_152944.jpg
20220903_152944.jpg (1.67 MiB) Viewed 1900 times

Bunnyboybob
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Bunnyboybob »

:angel: Brilliant :angel: