Starpery.com

Damaged TPE doll from electric blanket

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
Wheezer
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Re: Damaged TPE doll from electric blanket

Post by Wheezer »

Socratus wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:05 pm I think I remember this thread nearly a year ago. Taught me to buy a decent quality heat wrap blanket and to take care. Nice to see Wheezer has decided to try and rescue the doll.
I did not dig back and find this thread until I actually had the dolls. So it was odd to see that I wrote about her then she appears.
But I am glad that they can now have a longer life and not a sad ending in a landfill.
Many thanks to the OP for doing a good thing.

Looking at her condition and young age, I really wish new users would put a few things on the top of their list for long term doll heath:

1) FEET - Always socks and shoes except maybe playtime. The amount of damage and dirt that can dig into a doll on floors or carpet is amazing.
2) POWDER -If the TPE doll is not silky smooth, then powder her. Powder will dissipate due to oils in the doll and the surface will get tacky again. Once tacky, the TPE will catch anything, becoming an effective dirt magnet.
3) OIL CLEAN REGULARLY-Soap and water is good for human skin and OK for TPE dolls. But an oil wipe down and gentle cleaning scrape is needed regularly to remove surface gunk. It does not take long and how frequently depends on how often she is used, powdered, etc.

Enough of my rant. :)

Now on to fixing up her sister, a WM 148L that just got breast work done and needs feet cleaning and general TLC.
That poor girl MUST have back pains, with the monster melons she is packing.
I think some of my itty-bitty-titty dolls might get envious. :)

Cheers!
...W...
Any comments, ideas or suggestions are given FREELY for your use and information. Before using, first check to ensure they are compatible with your doll or specific situation. If any tool, chemical or technique is mentioned, make sure to follow all directions and safety instructions of the product. Some tools or items can be dangerous, so be careful. Use all appropriate safety gear, don’t run with scissors and don’t eat the yellow snow. Always keep your mind open.

Babel99
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Babel99 »

RevJack wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 8:12 am An alternative is to develop a Deadpool fetish and put her back on the blanket.

Yeah, I 'm ashamed, I just can't help it.
LOLLL :lol: You made my day!
Jael - (YL 148) viewtopic.php?f=212&t=73333

Miriame - (SM 136) viewtopic.php?f=269&t=102115

Beth - (SM 157G) viewtopic.php?f=269&t=149637

Brooke - (Starpery 148F) viewtopic.php?t=175783

Wheezer
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Wheezer »

Not much doll time today, had to spend it with Irish dancers, corned beef and Guinness.
But I was able to get some time to get a better handle on the repair issues.

Looking her over it should be interesting.
Butt and leg smoothing needed, along with some touch-up on the arms.
Finger cleaning needed, some finger pokes, plus need to repair some articulated joins on a few fingers.
I will defiantly be reviewing Arthur's thread for finger stuff.
And the myriad of typical small gashes and cuts that crop up.

Before she goes back on the bench, I wanted to see if she could look a bit presentable.
With a different head and the right outfit, I think she has a future.

Cheers!
...W...
(!)20240303_231423(crop).jpg
(!)20240303_231423(crop).jpg (657.09 KiB) Viewed 78 times
Any comments, ideas or suggestions are given FREELY for your use and information. Before using, first check to ensure they are compatible with your doll or specific situation. If any tool, chemical or technique is mentioned, make sure to follow all directions and safety instructions of the product. Some tools or items can be dangerous, so be careful. Use all appropriate safety gear, don’t run with scissors and don’t eat the yellow snow. Always keep your mind open.

Babel99
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Babel99 »

Wheezer wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 12:36 am Not much doll time today, had to spend it with Irish dancers, corned beef and Guinness.
But I was able to get some time to get a better handle on the repair issues.

Looking her over it should be interesting.
Butt and leg smoothing needed, along with some touch-up on the arms.
Finger cleaning needed, some finger pokes, plus need to repair some articulated joins on a few fingers.
I will defiantly be reviewing Arthur's thread for finger stuff.
And the myriad of typical small gashes and cuts that crop up.

Before she goes back on the bench, I wanted to see if she could look a bit presentable.
With a different head and the right outfit, I think she has a future.

Cheers!
...W...
(!)20240303_231423(crop).jpg
Wow she is cute, I like her head. What the model/head is she?
Jael - (YL 148) viewtopic.php?f=212&t=73333

Miriame - (SM 136) viewtopic.php?f=269&t=102115

Beth - (SM 157G) viewtopic.php?f=269&t=149637

Brooke - (Starpery 148F) viewtopic.php?t=175783

Wheezer
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Wheezer »

Babel99 wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:01 am Wow she is cute, I like her head. What the model/head is she?
The doll body it a YL 140N TPE and the head is an Angel Kiss LS60 ROS in soft silicone.
Just a quick combination to see if it worked.
Cheers!
...W...

INFORMATIONS