Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

Questions about Realdoll after ordering

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

ZZ48UUP
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: Questions about Realdoll after ordering

Post by ZZ48UUP »

Jellynuts, I noticed you said that you don't have another doll.

Speaking from experience, no matter how careful you think you will be, you absolutely, positively will make doll mistakes (accidents happen). A Realdoll is WAAAAAY too expensive to make the first time doll mistakes on.

While I don't know your personal situation, I do know that anyone that can afford a Realdoll has the means for a more reasonable priced doll as well. Shoot, many vendors offer Klarna (I'm making payments on two dolls myself, one at 4.99% and the other at 0%).

You have plenty of time to make mistakes and learn prior to the arrival of your Realdoll. Make those mistakes now rather than later (and you will be really, really upset if she is damaged).

mitchrd

Post by mitchrd »

Yeah i had the stance on not wanting a second doll but after a month i broke down and bought a WM off of yourdoll 164f and got it in less than a week and helped a ton with the wait and learning let alone to see if your into them in the first place.

chase779
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by chase779 »

Ordered on October 15th 2021 received on 6/24/2022. Very little communication but worth the wait. Was very pleased 😃 when I took the plastic away.

jellynuts13
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by jellynuts13 »

PersianKat wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 5:10 am
jellynuts13 wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 4:53 pm
ZZ48UUP wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 2:33 pm Hi jellynuts.

As mentioned Realdoll doesn't send photos prior to shipping. When she finally arrives and you're about to see her for the first time, close your eyes and pull the plastic from the staples in the crate. Once the plastic is removed, film yourself when you see her for the first time. This was suggested from another Realdoll owner on another thread and I am glad I took that advice. You will catch a level of astonishment on your face that you would not have predicted.

Sam is great with his customer service but he is both over worked and NOT in the production process. What I am trying to tactfully dance around about saying is that when he suggests your doll is going into production may not be as accurate as you would think.

It's much better going into the process if you just say to yourself that it's going to be a 10 & 1/2 month wait rather than think it's down to 6 months and get frustrated when it exceeds that time period.

As someone much wiser than I told me (AH) in reference to the wait on another manufacturer (that cannot be mentioned on TDF), just make sure you have another doll to play with and occupy your time during the wait.
Yeah, I feel sorry for Sam being so overworked. It's not his fault, and I suppose he'll reply when he replies. In the meantime I do appreciate the information I'm getting here.

Haha I normally don't like taking pictures of myself or being filmed but I might just make an exception when my doll arrives. :)

When Sam told me 9 to 11 months, I immediately assumed 11 months, and still think it may be that long or longer. I hope not longer. With them being backed up with so many orders, supply issues, and the whole having only 12 people making them I can easily see why it's taking so long. That's never been the issue with me, it's the lack of communication in the meantime that irritates me. I know it's not Sam's fault though.

Unfortunately I don't have another doll, but I can probably still occupy myself in the meantime.
PersianKat wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 3:21 pm From my experience doll #1 you don't get a final picture they just ship her
you get a ship confirmation and delivery instructions

I'm waiting for doll #2 BodyX D right now
Sam called and emailed me about the delays
Silicone and robot head shortages I'm at 13 months waiting

There is a shipping indicator or the box if its not in the happy range inspect or reject the shipment
Wow! 13 months? :o Dude, I thought 11 months was long. I really hope you get your doll soon, you've been waiting much longer than me.
raysmod wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 4:32 pm There are email notifications from Abyss; like "In Creation" and then three or four weeks after; "In Makeup Chair" and following that a month later, approximately, your doll is shipped. However, those details are in 2020. Events have elengated this process. It took me nine months from order date of November 27th/28th 2019 till August 3rd 2020 to get Traceter. That was in the middle of Covid. Waits now are much longer. I'm in New Zealand, but shipping delays weren't too bad.
Ah I see, yeah mine might be the full 11 months as they're still probably playing catch up from the backlog.
It’s a lot easier to wait since I already have one
At the same time it’s harder I know what I’m missing
Haha yeah, I can see what you mean there. I'm somehow get the feeling this is isn't going to be the last doll I buy :wink:
ZZ48UUP wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 11:18 am Jellynuts, I noticed you said that you don't have another doll.

Speaking from experience, no matter how careful you think you will be, you absolutely, positively will make doll mistakes (accidents happen). A Realdoll is WAAAAAY too expensive to make the first time doll mistakes on.

While I don't know your personal situation, I do know that anyone that can afford a Realdoll has the means for a more reasonable priced doll as well. Shoot, many vendors offer Klarna (I'm making payments on two dolls myself, one at 4.99% and the other at 0%).

You have plenty of time to make mistakes and learn prior to the arrival of your Realdoll. Make those mistakes now rather than later (and you will be really, really upset if she is damaged).
I'm definately a bit worried about all of that. I'll be trying to take things really slow when I first get her.

Although I don't have another doll currently, I did own a TPE WM doll for awhile there. They're not the same I know, but I have somewhat a little bit of experience. I might get the urge and buy another doll in the mean time. I still have my eye on Zelex and what they're up to. However, I kind of blew my budget a bit with the Realdoll and need to do some hard saving to recover :lol:
mitchrd wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 2:49 pm Yeah i had the stance on not wanting a second doll but after a month i broke down and bought a WM off of yourdoll 164f and got it in less than a week and helped a ton with the wait and learning let alone to see if your into them in the first place.
Haha that might happen with me yet. I do have the room for at least one more lady :lol:
chase779 wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 3:45 pm Ordered on October 15th 2021 received on 6/24/2022. Very little communication but worth the wait. Was very pleased 😃 when I took the plastic away.
That's really encouraging. Thanks for sharing that. I'm also glad to see you're really pleased with your doll too. :D

INFORMATIONS