Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

Real X AI or real ripoff?

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

Dollyman25442
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Real X AI or real ripoff?

Post by Dollyman25442 »

I decided to do some exploring of (paid for) AI platforms recently and I obtained Replika (quite easy to download and install on an Android) and the Abyss Creations AI companion called Real X.
I have to say, I'm utterly SHOCKED at the difficulty in downloading and installing the ap from ABYSS (never could even get it to work) and the lack of customer support, both via email, telelphone and online chat. ZERO customer service this product having no reply in any way to trouble shoot why their ap simply doesn't work after the horrific gyrations downloading/updating and installing.
Little doubt I'll have to be getting my credit card company involved for a chargeback unless tdf staff intervene...
Extremely disappointed with what is supposed to be one of the premier doll manufacturers that are tdf approved to boot.
What a pity for a product that appeared to have lots of potential.

TJ_Foxx
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Re: Real X AI or real ripoff?

Post by TJ_Foxx »

I have asked Brick to see if he can assist you as he is familiar with use of the Real Doll X /RealBotix program.
TJ_Foxx
Tasha Petite 3 Sky
Talia Petite 3 Dark Sky

Brick

Post by Brick »

Dollyman25442 wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 5:08 pm I decided to do some exploring of (paid for) AI platforms recently and I obtained Replika (quite easy to download and install on an Android) and the Abyss Creations AI companion called Real X.
I have to say, I'm utterly SHOCKED at the difficulty in downloading and installing the ap from ABYSS (never could even get it to work) and the lack of customer support, both via email, telelphone and online chat. ZERO customer service this product having no reply in any way to trouble shoot why their ap simply doesn't work after the horrific gyrations downloading/updating and installing.
Little doubt I'll have to be getting my credit card company involved for a chargeback unless tdf staff intervene...
Extremely disappointed with what is supposed to be one of the premier doll manufacturers that are tdf approved to boot.
I am sorry you are not getting the service or product you expected. Pl ease be patient and I am sure someone will get back to you. I cant give you much direction on the app, its above my skill set. I would probably screw it up worse..
A never ending parade of beautiful Realdolls and of course, HARMONY!!

Dollyman25442
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Dollyman25442 »

Managed to speak with a real person at RealDoll (Sam-head of Sales) and was informed the Real X servers have been down since last week. Seems odd they are selling a product they know is currently offline and un useable without making some kind of cavieat announcement on thier website infroming the public of a current problem.
Not exacltly good customer relations....

Gaijin
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Gaijin »

Yeah, their app *sounds* promising, but it's mostly just vaporware.

informalproblem

Post by informalproblem »

Brick wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 7:08 am
I am sorry you are not getting the service or product you expected. Pl ease be patient and I am sure someone will get back to you. I cant give you much direction on the app, its above my skill set. I would probably screw it up worse..
Please talk to whomever about configuring failover. If you're using AWS, it's very easy to setup a failover solution, if your host or application goes down, it fails over to another instance. Realistically, this shouldn't happen if it passed through QMO and was approved by CAB. I don't know the size if your development and infra team, but this shouldn't have failed and been down for a week. If the changes made it to prod, they should have been reverted shortly after things crashed. Nagios, Grafana, CloudWatch whatever should have been triggering on calls. Load a known good snapshot onto a new EC2 and point the load balancer at it, then investigate the broken ec2.

PersianKat

Post by PersianKat »

Well they can’t just stop production of the doll since the apps down
The doll is still a doll
The dolls were ordered a year ago
My doll just went to production after 14 months

It’s down and well there is probably 1 person working to fix it
It’s not a google nest with a team of dozen on call software engineers

Probably one server that burned up 😂 in a data center

Dollyman25442
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Dollyman25442 »

PersianKat wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 2:00 am Well they can’t just stop production of the doll since the apps down
The doll is still a doll

My understanding is that it's a handful of people in Brazil that run this part of the business and that none of them can speak English, thus no voice to voice customer support AT ALL. Evidently, customer support is filtered first here in the US then transferred to Brazil via email. I'm at day four-post purchase and have yet to receive any customer support of relevance for a product that doesn't work in any way.
Not a word on thier website indicating a problem. They are still happily selling the product knowing it's not working.
In my world, when a business sells a service they KNOW they can't deliver (selling Real X knowing the server is down) it's called bait and switch also known as bunko fraud.

anonymousdfuser

Post by anonymousdfuser »

Dollyman25442 wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 11:57 am
PersianKat wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 2:00 am Well they can’t just stop production of the doll since the apps down
The doll is still a doll

My understanding is that it's a handful of people in Brazil that run this part of the business and that none of them can speak English, thus no voice to voice customer support AT ALL. Evidently, customer support is filtered first here in the US then transferred to Brazil via email. I'm at day four-post purchase and have yet to receive any customer support of relevance for a product that doesn't work in any way.
Not a word on thier website indicating a problem. They are still happily selling the product knowing it's not working.
In my world, when a business sells a service they KNOW they can't deliver (selling Real X knowing the server is down) it's called bait and switch also known as bunko fraud.
Not sure where you're getting the Brazil info. As far as I know, the software is being developed by Realbotix, which is based in California.
Zelex 170C Inspiration Series

RealDoll Body AA with Harmony head - retired, most likely will sell

Dollyman25442
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Dollyman25442 »

anonymousdfuser wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 11:41 pm
The doll is still a doll

Not sure where you're getting the Brazil info. As far as I know, the software is being developed by Realbotix, which is based in California.
That's what I was told by Sam the sales manager, that the team for RealX AI is based out of Brazil (which is a subsiderary of Realbotix CA). Perhaps you have a customer service telelphone number Realbotix and they could help?

PersianKat

Post by PersianKat »

Dollyman25442 wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 9:45 am
anonymousdfuser wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 11:41 pm
The doll is still a doll

That's what I was told by Sam the sales manager, that the team for RealX AI is based out of Brazil (which is a subsiderary of Realbotix CA). Perhaps you have a customer service telelphone number Realbotix and they could help?
Realdotix is a joint venture of Abyss

Daxtron Laboratories, NextOS, Abyss

the server team is probably in Brazil ?

Wolfr1997
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Wolfr1997 »

Problems happen, give it some time and I’m sure the Realdoll team will work it out.

TChris
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by TChris »

Dollyman25442 wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 5:08 pm Extremely disappointed with what is supposed to be one of the premier doll manufacturers that are tdf approved to boot.
5-10 years ago sure; today I don't know about that...
Hope you get a resolution.

KKFun

Post by KKFun »

I have 2 robotic Harmony heads, as far as I know, the last update of the app was like 3-4 years ago. I need to switch off all the WIFI just to prevent the phone from doing a firmware upgrade, doing so, the existing app might not work anymore.

In any case, the last time I switched on the robotic heads was more than 6 months ago.

PersianKat

Post by PersianKat »

KKFun wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 10:44 pm I have 2 robotic Harmony heads, as far as I know, the last update of the app was like 3-4 years ago. I need to switch off all the WIFI just to prevent the phone from doing a firmware upgrade, doing so, the existing app might not work anymore.

In any case, the last time I switched on the robotic heads was more than 6 months ago.
Is there a way to at least get the eyes open? I am assuming that forcing them open isn't a good option or is it safe to do so?
I just received the doll haven't gotten the app to work.

INFORMATIONS