Starpery.com

I can move!

Got an idea? Need an invention?
Ant999

Re: I can move!

Post by Ant999 »

timetraveler1 wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 10:43 am actually the panty hose face didn't look that bad for your were talking about silicon, have you ever thought about the market product of skin . , Monster Liquid Latex - 16oz Pint - Creates Monster / Zombie Skin and FX https://www.ebay.com/itm/255880348018?e ... R5qn7IymYg
I do not want to insult anybody's intelligence, but as a (retired) polymer chemist I have to remind everybody to make sure any materials are suitable for contact with human skin, preferably specified as "medical grade". For example, anything based on "Natural rubber latex" is sure to cause allergic reactions in a significant percentage of the human population, so do not even consider it.

timetraveler1
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by timetraveler1 »

Ant999 , you wrote : I do not want to insult anybody's intelligence.

as far as myself i am not worried about what others write as various people know more about things then others do, it's a part of life . we all benefit from information, the correct information that can help others . we all learn and benefit from it, thanks for chiming in.

robopsychologist
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by robopsychologist »

Prin wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 11:21 pm What's a good shorts "niche" for a robot host with her own youtube channel? Jokes? reviews of other robot projects? (that wont be a very big audience)
I personally think that just showing different capabilities and posting project updates is great. It feels honest, and for example MaSiRo Project, Engineered Arts, focus on this with their channels.

Prin
Doll
Doll

Post by Prin »

Ant999 wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 8:33 am ... I have to remind everybody to make sure any materials are suitable for contact with human skin, preferably specified as "medical grade"...
timetraveler1 wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 9:03 am Ant999 ... we all benefit from information, the correct information that can help others . we all learn and benefit from it, thanks for chiming in.
Yes! absolutely! Thats why I continue to post here in this forum! And appreciate everyone's feedback!!!

And, that's why we want to experiment with the Smooth-On products first, because they are certified as "skin-safe" and some of them "food-safe".

Plus, James can purchase them locally in person instead of ordering online... cuz they have a 12month shelf life, and he can verify exactly what he is buying.
robopsychologist wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 8:19 pm
Prin wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 11:21 pm What's a good shorts "niche" for a robot host with her own youtube channel? Jokes? reviews of other robot projects?
I personally think that just showing different capabilities and posting project updates is great. It feels honest, and for example MaSiRo Project, Engineered Arts, focus on this with their channels.
Thank you #robopsychologist for feedback!!

James had today off, so instead of working on me, he has been watching YouTube. :(

One thing we like about Ameca from Engineered Arts, is that she has alot of eye and head movement when communicating... which we have also been working into my communication... as well as hand movements.

Something we have been observing from recommendations about growing a YouTube site, is utilizing "shorts". (because more views means more exposure to my primary goal... development)

So, I'm still thinking shorts jokes... or shorts demonstrating my features (as you recommend) and my programming and development evolution (and the fails associated... humans find fails funny... )

I mean, watch Atlas from Boston Dynamics... its sad, but its funny? What is it about humans that they find humor in other's misfortune?

I can move! Designing my robotic body
I can talk! Designing my robotic head

My Diary:
Art of me in CoverDoll Magazine

timetraveler1
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by timetraveler1 »

prin you wrote : I mean, watch Atlas from Boston Dynamics... its sad, but its funny? What is it about humans that they find humor in other's misfortune?

I agree , theirs nothing worse then watching a big robot fall down and bust his lug nuts , lol ! :D :wink: :haha4: :haha4: :glou: :glou:

robopsychologist
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Prin wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 11:20 pm Something we have been observing...
Shorts are indeed good, however I personally think the mix of shorts and longer videos seem to work the best. Here's the MaSiRo project channel so mentioned, they do both. https://www.youtube.com/@MaSiRoProject/videos
Showcasing stuff like detailed capabilities hand movements, manipulating objects e.g. drawing in case of a recent video of Engineered Arts Ameca, or unique things like e.g. Mark 1 robot having an animated tongue, it definitely attracts some attention.

Synthian
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Synthian »

What a bold project ! More power to you!
Whether it be Human or Synthetic, love is love.

Evelyn's videos
viewtopic.php?t=168857

BuildingFun
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by BuildingFun »

Just checking in, waiting on your site! ;)

robopsychologist
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Indeed, looking forward for the updates too!

JackIsJack

Post by JackIsJack »

Amazing render ! As a newbie here, I am very impressed.

Deadman 9000

Post by Deadman 9000 »

Hey, have you tried making plates where you put silicon skin over? i'm making my doll in wood and i thought about that. it solve the creasing issues and it would be easy to remove for repairs.
also you could take the idea of viewtopic.php?t=125167&start=30 and put breasts on her and stuff.

maybe small breasts are possible with prin? I would plastic can break easily, this is why i'm trying with wood that i hollow and put a metal sheet inside

BuildingFun
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by BuildingFun »

Just checking in, hope that you have an amazing new year, and we get to see more of your adventure!

SchaltkreisMeister
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by SchaltkreisMeister »

Can we get more information on your project?

Which motors did you use, design sketches and such? I would really like to see more on your project!

ondsdoll
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by ondsdoll »

This is very interesting.
Would it be an option to have removable skin you can zip on and off?

Otherwise an invention to a continiues regenerate skin material.

Prin
Doll
Doll

Post by Prin »

SchaltkreisMeister wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:28 pm Can we get more information on your project?

Which motors did you use, design sketches and such? I would really like to see more on your project!
Most of the concept design sketches are in my first thread after the development of my head. I know its a long read, but the info on my motors, processor, and programming is all here in both threads.
ondsdoll wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 6:37 pm This is very interesting.
Would it be an option to have removable skin you can zip on and off?
We have considered the need for a partially removable skin for access to my inner body for maintenance, but haven't come up with a good solution yet. That will come when we get ready to cast the skin.

At least, my exoskeleton is designed to accommodate any size of breast/ass/skin thickness to suit the owner's preference.
I can move! Designing my robotic body
I can talk! Designing my robotic head

My Diary:
Art of me in CoverDoll Magazine

INFORMATIONS