www.myrobotdoll.com

Why does MRD website block the use of VPN?

From the heart of Belgium, My Robot Doll emerges as the pinnacle provider, delivering an extensive range of lightweight dolls worldwide. Our curated collection boasts lifelike TPE & silicone models, distinctive fabric dolls, and customizable anime waifu dolls to manifest your dream waifu. Each piece is meticulously selected from elite brands, ensuring unmatched realism and quality. Committed to global reach with swift worldwide deliveries, we further solidify our dedication with top-notch customer service in English, French, and Dutch.
Your trust and satisfaction drive us. Experience the unparalleled My Robot Doll difference, wherever you are at https://www.myrobotdoll.com
wrinkles

Why does MRD website block the use of VPN?

Post by wrinkles »

I typically use a VPN when browsing. When I try to hit the URL for My Robot Doll website I get a message (slightly different depending on browser) that "Please disable your VPN, clear your cache and cookies (or use private mode), refresh and try again.". Seems odd. Why would that occur? Wouldn't this subject matter be a very valid reason to use VPN? Just curious, and for context I have an active order with MRD and they have been a great company to work with thus far.

hardwiguy

Re: Why does MRD website block the use of VPN?

Post by hardwiguy »

Since nobody else has commented on this, I imagine that there might be a Belgian law that prevents them from doing it? Or an EU law? Have you emailed their support team / Alice and asked them about this?

hardwiguy

Post by hardwiguy »

Update: I wanted to try this myself, and used ProtonVPN and actually set my location to Belgium. I got the following pop-up:
Screenshot 2023-01-31 at 7.54.43 PM.png
Screenshot 2023-01-31 at 7.54.43 PM.png (98.3 KiB) Viewed 2005 times
That is a bit strange and now I am curious as to why they don't allow/block VPNs. I don't know how to tag other accounts on this forum, so I'll just leave it like this and hope someone has a better answer than me.

EDIT: Keeping the VPN on and set to a Belgium server, I visited some other TDF-approved doll store sites, and didn't have any problem accessing them. :|

wrinkles

Post by wrinkles »

hardwiguy wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:52 pm Since nobody else has commented on this, I imagine that there might be a Belgian law that prevents them from doing it? Or an EU law? Have you emailed their support team / Alice and asked them about this?
I have not yet asked MRD. I was curious first if was just me. Sounds like it is not. It is a bit strange but its not a huge deal. I dont frequent the site enough to warrent chasing the answer too hard. Hopefully MRD will post something here.

Socratus
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Socratus »

Had this issue. Funny how some sites are funny about it and others not. I just couldn't be bothered looking if they're that fussy. They should consider the potential lost customers as a lot of people can't be bothered to switch off their vpns.
I apologise for any late responses to users trying to communicate with me, as a certain Mod has decided he doesn't like how I talked in a particular post then decided to restrict me so I can post nothing without his permission. If I am banned for good, then best wishes to those I, and Aran, have met. May your futures with your dolls be good ones.

deeno

Post by deeno »

It's blocked for me too in Safari with iCloud Private Relay. I can always switch browsers if I need to visit the site.

FCD94
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Cannot browse MyRobotDoll site with VPN?

Post by FCD94 »

Like many people I use a VPN when online. For some reason this is blocked on the MyRobotDoll site, at the vendor's end. When I arrive at the www.myrobotdoll.com storefront, a notification window pops up saying I am blocked & must disable my VPN & clear cache/use private mode (though a private window gives the same result), with an 'exit' redirect to Google.

Why is this?

hardwiguy

Post by hardwiguy »

I sent a private message to their account on here, referencing this thread, 2 days ago. I don't believe MRD has read it yet. It's not a big deal at all for me personally, but I do think that, given how transparent they are on their own website about all of their terms and conditions (probably mandated by GDPR) that they'd want to answer this one as well.

hardwiguy

Re: Cannot browse MyRobotDoll site with VPN?

Post by hardwiguy »

Hey OP, did you not see this (very recent/current) thread before posting?

viewtopic.php?t=162509

Socratus
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Socratus »

No one expects the VPN Inquisition!
I apologise for any late responses to users trying to communicate with me, as a certain Mod has decided he doesn't like how I talked in a particular post then decided to restrict me so I can post nothing without his permission. If I am banned for good, then best wishes to those I, and Aran, have met. May your futures with your dolls be good ones.

FCD94
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by FCD94 »

hardwiguy wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 2:48 pm Hey OP, did you not see this (very recent/current) thread before posting?

viewtopic.php?t=162509
No I had no idea. Thanks! If MyRobotDoll someday answers either or both threads I'll ask if we can get it merged. 8O

hardwiguy

Post by hardwiguy »

FCD94 wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 6:06 pm
hardwiguy wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 2:48 pm Hey OP, did you not see this (very recent/current) thread before posting?

viewtopic.php?t=162509
No I had no idea. Thanks! If MyRobotDoll someday answers either or both threads I'll ask if we can get it merged. 8O
Something tells me that they're not going to answer this-- they've had multiple chances to and are seemingly ignoring it. Quite strange especially considering how forthcoming MRD is about pretty much everything else.

informalproblem

Post by informalproblem »

They most likely block VPNs because that helps obscure your identity. Companies use trackers to help gauge their audience by location, to help with advertisement. Also, they can easily track the individual user and see their interest. Are you looking at a 166cm doll with b cup, rather often? They can take that data, sell it to data agencies, with your IP address, and there is more information about you to build a profile around. How often you visit dolls with specific characteristics is worth selling. There are several websites you can visit that will show you this data.

I'm a developer myself, and while I don't deal with customer data, I have friends that do. Just by visiting a site, you become a product.

Siliconeman
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Siliconeman »

I have the same problem. Access denied for using VPN.

Well I am not going to disable my VPN for one sex doll site. Maybe they should do some changes on their pages.

Cheers!

Sili

TDF_Management
Staff
Staff

Post by TDF_Management »

Topics "Why does MRD website block use of VPN" and "Cannot browse MuRobotDoll site with VPN?" have been merged and the topic locked, as this has been explained and the link to the sticky on this topic is in this post.

MRD's notice on VPN usage is here: viewtopic.php?t=163391

INFORMATIONS