www.wmdolls.com

Alise, Alice or Alisa [WM 160A #400]

WM dolls was establish on 2012, we have own production base (located center of Greater Bay Area, Guangdong, China), which is one of the most professional and the biggest factory of realistic sex dolls in the world.
As pioneered TPE used and many famous brands' dolls manufacturer, We have been focusing on customer experience, and continue to work hard to develop new functions for dolls.
We have many patents and independently developed exclusive functions, Such as Breathing feature, Ball Joints Hand Skeleton, Real Oral Sex(ROS) Head, etc.
-Beatnik-
Apprentice
Apprentice

Alise, Alice or Alisa [WM 160A #400]

Post by -Beatnik- »

Yes, another 160A thread...

Been thinking about getting a doll for years and finally got tired of just browsing images. Hardest part was to find the right one from all the sizes and shapes available.

After months of browsing and comparing and pondering, it was eventually down to WM doll's 159C and 160A. It was a really difficult pick, A cup is a bit too small for me, but she is otherwise so nicely shaped, while 159C had more than enough bust, she also had thickness in the right places elsewhere, almost too much. I once already settled for 159C and had one in the basket, but then decided to once more to go through all the promo and user photos and comparisons as well as pinterest to see what kind of "looks" I would like to try on her and then I made the decision I do need the slimmer doll (and it's not like 160A doesn't have curves...) Now looking and feeling at her, I really think I made the right decision.

A name "Alice" has been circulating in my mind, but my language doesn't really use the C letter, so I would rather name her as "Alise" or "Alisa", I guess Alise.

One of the main reasons why I began to look and eventually settle on WM dolls, was their really nice looking faces. #400 is one of the later ones and it was love at first sight. When I got the head, I noticed that the eye on the left is slightly squinting, it's only noticeable from some angles and first I was bummed out that the face has a slight molding defect (it could be that the eyeball is not in right place too), but the squint kinda gives her "character" and personality, shes kinda doing the Clint Eastwood thing, it's like she is looking at me slightly suspiciously...

I'm surprised I haven't broken her fingers yet, I try to be super careful with them, but just when I keep the eye on the other palm, the other gets absolutely crushed into something when I'm moving her. This is where the weight really becomes a problem, it's how much her own weight puts pressure on everything, especially if some accident happens and she even slightly falls onto her limbs. This is the only pose I've done with her fingers, I'm scared the skeleton punches thru at any moment.

I got her standing on heels by adding a bolt/rod in her feet and a matching hole in the shoe.

RevJack
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Re: Alise, Alice or Alisa [WM 160A #400]

Post by RevJack »

Beatnic,
Congratulations. The 160a is one of my favorite bodies and you know how to make her look good! Legs for days.

I also like the bolt solution to the heels, it keeps the foot from sliding down and crushing the toes. And it's quickly portable or removable, nice. Can I assume yo keep the other two bolts in the standard configuration to keep pressure off the TPE?

Reverend Jack
Reverend Jacks Roamin' Cadillac Sex Doll Repair. Roamin' the land fixin' dollies and handing out salvation from the back of his Cadillac.

ALSO TRY Reverend Jack's Anointed Snake Oil, good for cleansing stains from the body and the Soul! Step right up folks, only $5 a bottle! We got plenty to go around! Cash only please.

Aibei 158 Blue Elf, AS 157, XES 128, OR 156G, WM 160C (r), Sanhui 168 (r), WM 157B, WM 138D (Faun), Mistress 168 (r), 6YE 100 (Bubbles)

-Beatnik-
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by -Beatnik- »

RevJack wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 10:19 am I also like the bolt solution to the heels, it keeps the foot from sliding down and crushing the toes. And it's quickly portable or removable, nice. Can I assume yo keep the other two bolts in the standard configuration to keep pressure off the TPE?

Reverend Jack
Yes the other bolts are in place, especially without the heel bolt the shoe would really hurt her achilles tendon

bob444
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by bob444 »

Good choice. Nice legs!!

Stch10

Post by Stch10 »

How exciting! She looks fantastic.

I also have a 160A. It's the only doll I have and I absolutely love her.
-Beatnik- wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 10:08 am One of the main reasons why I began to look and eventually settle on WM dolls, was their really nice looking faces. #400 is one of the later ones and it was love at first sight. When I got the head, I noticed that the eye on the left is slightly squinting, it's only noticeable from some angles and first I was bummed out that the face has a slight molding defect (it could be that the eyeball is not in right place too), but the squint kinda gives her "character" and personality, shes kinda doing the Clint Eastwood thing, it's like she is looking at me slightly suspiciously...
For the eye squint, have you tried to just pull the eyelids open a little bit more? Sometimes when I move the neck of my doll with the head on, one of her eyelids will squint more than the other. But I just pull it open a little and then it looks just like the other.
-Beatnik- wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 10:08 am I'm surprised I haven't broken her fingers yet, I try to be super careful with them, but just when I keep the eye on the other palm, the other gets absolutely crushed into something when I'm moving her. This is where the weight really becomes a problem, it's how much her own weight puts pressure on everything, especially if some accident happens and she even slightly falls onto her limbs. This is the only pose I've done with her fingers, I'm scared the skeleton punches thru at any moment.
I've had good luck with the articulated fingers. There have been several times where I've accidentally let them bump into something, but so far they are holding up well.

-Beatnik-
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by -Beatnik- »

Stch10 wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 10:51 am For the eye squint, have you tried to just pull the eyelids open a little bit more? Sometimes when I move the neck of my doll with the head on, one of her eyelids will squint more than the other. But I just pull it open a little and then it looks just like the other.
I tried then right away some quick adjustments from the lid and the eye, but it appears like the lower eye lid is slightly too thin towards the eyeball, which as the eyeball being around, allows the eye lid to settle higher compared to the lid on the other eye. Alternatively and now that I think about it, it could be that the eyeball just sits too deep.You can get the lid stay open for a while, but the eye lid and ball are too smooth to stay where I "place" them.

I try some stuff if and when I remove the eyeball. Feels scary though, you have to stretch her pretty face quite a bit to get them out?

Stch10

Post by Stch10 »

-Beatnik- wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 3:03 pm
Stch10 wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 10:51 am For the eye squint, have you tried to just pull the eyelids open a little bit more? Sometimes when I move the neck of my doll with the head on, one of her eyelids will squint more than the other. But I just pull it open a little and then it looks just like the other.
I tried then right away some quick adjustments from the lid and the eye, but it appears like the lower eye lid is slightly too thin towards the eyeball, which as the eyeball being around, allows the eye lid to settle higher compared to the lid on the other eye. Alternatively and now that I think about it, it could be that the eyeball just sits too deep.You can get the lid stay open for a while, but the eye lid and ball are too smooth to stay where I "place" them.

I try some stuff if and when I remove the eyeball. Feels scary though, you have to stretch her pretty face quite a bit to get them out?

Oh I see what you mean now.

I have never taken the eyes out on my doll, but I think you are correct that it requires a fair amount of stretching. It also can cause the eye lashes to come off. But I see people around here routinely remove eyes to change the color or replace them with aftermarket eyes. So I don't think it's that difficult, especially with a TPE doll.

I suspect you are right that the eye is sitting too deep. It seems like it needs more material behind the eye. I think this is usually cotton. This would cause it to bulge out and the eyelids to open up more. If I were you I would wait for someone more experienced to weigh in on what exactly you should do. If you don't get a good response here within a couple days you can try posting a thread in the repair and maintenance area of TDF. I think you're likely to get multiple good answers there.

dollsfan64

Post by dollsfan64 »

The eyeballs are removable, they are half cups made of hard plastic filled with wadding. I find very small adjustments are noticeable and can take some fiddling, you may have to adjust the amount of wadding in each eye. The eyelashes become detached and can be reset using false eyelash glue. I found the back of the eyeballs are sharp and cut up the socket so I have filed and sanded the edges. It can be disturbing at first but you get used to it as part of maintenance. :thumbs_up:

-Beatnik-
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by -Beatnik- »

She listened Jefferson Airplane ONCE!

Her skin appears really light on all this photos

The peace sign is kinda necessary. That's the best she can do, the finger skeleton is not perfectly aligned with the lenght of the fingers

FastEddie68

Post by FastEddie68 »

160A is great, Of course the breasts are smaller but due to thin waists on dolls they look better. But the legs and arse on 160A are just so perfect.

RevJack
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by RevJack »

The hippie look suites her!
Reverend Jacks Roamin' Cadillac Sex Doll Repair. Roamin' the land fixin' dollies and handing out salvation from the back of his Cadillac.

ALSO TRY Reverend Jack's Anointed Snake Oil, good for cleansing stains from the body and the Soul! Step right up folks, only $5 a bottle! We got plenty to go around! Cash only please.

Aibei 158 Blue Elf, AS 157, XES 128, OR 156G, WM 160C (r), Sanhui 168 (r), WM 157B, WM 138D (Faun), Mistress 168 (r), 6YE 100 (Bubbles)

Leatherman
Ex-Member

Post by Leatherman »

Congrats on your excellent choice Beatnik!

We love our 160A !!!

We also have the 159C so I am certain you couldn’t have gone wrong either way. :haha4:

:glou:

ColColt
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by ColColt »

Two of my favorites as well, the 159C and 160A. As for the recessed eye. I found you can stick your hand in her mouth and push forward about where the eye is and it wikl cause it to come forward in accordance with how much you push it. It worked with Rachel when I wanted to see what her eyes looked like a little larger.
Attachments
_1DF6370abc.jpg
_1DF6370abc.jpg (844.58 KiB) Viewed 1575 times
_1DF6544a.jpg
_1DF6544a.jpg (1.93 MiB) Viewed 1575 times

-Beatnik-
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by -Beatnik- »

This is my favorite outfit so far,

1.png
1.png (5.66 MiB) Viewed 1227 times
2.png
2.png (9.25 MiB) Viewed 1227 times
3.png
3.png (10.75 MiB) Viewed 1227 times
4.png
4.png (6.68 MiB) Viewed 1227 times
5.png
5.png (10.01 MiB) Viewed 1227 times
67.png
67.png (6.34 MiB) Viewed 1227 times
7.png
7.png (7.7 MiB) Viewed 1227 times
I added some material behind the eyeball, which did help with the "squint" issue. Actually I added more material behind both eyes, which made the eyes appear larger, which I like. A slight squint still exists when looking up from below her eye level (upper pic), but it does add that "character", a photogenic sort of sad eye
8.png
8.png (10.69 MiB) Viewed 1227 times

Cubiko
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Cubiko »

That outfit looks fantastic on her, well done 👍🏼

If you are looking to improve the realism and performance of the eyes I would first suggest to get hold of some eyes in a more realistic size. The #400 eye openings does naturally have a slight squint to them and I find that these smaller ones work better.
7D7BCCE7-FC53-450D-9D8C-1B4817CE1F36.jpeg
As far as I know both blue, green and brown come in two sizes, and which one to use depends on the head and look you want. For this head I would definitely choose the smaller ones. Unless your vendor requests this when ordering, or you order an in-stock doll, you will probably just get a random sized eyes. I also find some of the blue eyes to be more Anime/fantasy-ish so it is important to choose the right eyes for the realistic look. Many vendors seem to be ignorant about eye size and gives bad or no advice about this so customer needs to be informed, firm and demanding on this when ordering.

Here are two sizes of blue eyes, I usually use the ones on the right, or at least eyes in that smaller size.
E5EEF012-C34E-4976-8ACB-126D8C689DEB.jpeg
For adjusting eye depth I recommend the eye system made by The Doll Laboratory here on TDF. Easy to adjust and change, and no hassle with the cotton stuffing that often ends up damaging the eyelashes. That system is officially supported and backed by WM. The teeth inserts he makes also adds a nice new look to the #400 head, opens the mouth a little more and shows some nice white teeth 😁

You can see an example of the #400 with smaller eyes and teeth insert here:
viewtopic.php?t=167658

INFORMATIONS