www.yourdoll.com

Store-bought clothes for petite dolls

Clothing, footwear, hats, gloves, jewelry, etc. Store bought, modified and handmade.
Ant999

Store-bought clothes for petite dolls

Post by Ant999 »

After 9 months with my SY 148 B, Geniece, may I present my 5 cents worth on the subject of clothes for petite ladies. Our little hourglass figures are too beautiful for words, but the unrealistic difference between bust and underbust measurements, as well as between hip and waist, makes for difficult shopping. Womens XS and girls/teens sizes are the go-to solutions, and stretchy fabrics absorb a lot of imperfection. No such thing as a womens XXS in my country. The maker calls her a "B", but when I measured according to the customary bra size methods, I got 26C. As said in my first post, good luck to anyone hoping to buy a 26C bra in a store. After months of searching, the best I could find, just last week, was a 28A, and its not too bad, it will do when I do not want her "headlights" to show through a tight-fitting top.
Miss Modesty does not mind showing how it fits, but hides her face from the camera
Miss Modesty does not mind showing how it fits, but hides her face from the camera
Missmodesty.jpg (117.67 KiB) Viewed 832 times
The lace panty was the first thing I bought, ladies size XS. It fitted ok but a bit too loose around the waist, so made narrower by about 1 cm (3/8") both sides.
Lacepanty.jpg
Lacepanty.jpg (59.77 KiB) Viewed 832 times
The strap top is also ladies XS, straps adjusted as short as possible, good for a loose-fitting summer look. The bottom is a stretch denim, girls age 9-10.
Straptop-denim.jpg
Straptop-denim.jpg (85.62 KiB) Viewed 832 times
Now isn't that what a woman should look like?!!!
Now isn't that what a woman should look like?!!!
Bestside.jpg (126.19 KiB) Viewed 832 times
First attempt at a denim short, tight around the buns, yet the belt line yawns at the back. Girls 7-8 years. Improved by two darts hand-sewn in next to the belt loops, but the modification makes it even harder to pull it over her buns.
Moddenimshort.jpg
Moddenimshort.jpg (128.92 KiB) Viewed 832 times
Next opportunistic attempt at shorts, not my favorite color, but it was on sale, last one in the store at the beginning of winter. Also a girls 7-8 years, but with a button at the front and elastic around the back, and it fits better than the blue one, no yawning, easily goes over her buns, no modification needed. Home-made top.
Newshort1.jpg
Newshort1.jpg (94.54 KiB) Viewed 832 times
Newshort2.jpg
Newshort2.jpg (84.58 KiB) Viewed 832 times
With the onset of winter on the lower half of the earth, comes the need for warmer clothes. A girls 9-10 stretchy top, fits beautifully, but needing the bra above, or it will look like she is still uncomfortably cold. Two for the price of one, this cream one and a maroon one, which should go well with the stretch denim as above, after thorough washing for the color transfer risk. The stretchy pink bottom is a "girls XL", a really vague size indication, but it looks good, except that it also yawns at the back, especially when her legs are bent for sitting.
Winterclothes3.jpg
Winterclothes3.jpg (126.6 KiB) Viewed 832 times
Winterclothes2.jpg
Winterclothes2.jpg (151.5 KiB) Viewed 832 times
Winterclothes1.jpg
Winterclothes1.jpg (112.62 KiB) Viewed 832 times
PS. I try to remember to pay attention to posing her eyes when taking pictures, it makes her look SO REAL if she seems to be focusing on something that is not straight ahead of her.

Gaijin
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: Store-bought clothes for petite dolls

Post by Gaijin »

Having dated a few women with the "headlights" issue, I know of a product out there referred to as "dimmers". Silicone disks that are placed between the nipple and the bra to keep them from poking through clothing. I realize that's not an ideal solution for TPE dolls due to how those two materials interact. However, it might be worth investigating to see if there's other things out there in more TPE-friendly materials.

Wheezer
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Wheezer »

Gaijin wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 1:53 pm Having dated a few women with the "headlights" issue, I know of a product out there referred to as "dimmers". Silicone disks that are placed between the nipple and the bra to keep them from poking through clothing. I realize that's not an ideal solution for TPE dolls due to how those two materials interact. However, it might be worth investigating to see if there's other things out there in more TPE-friendly materials.
For the "dimmers" look into products called "Nipple Covers". There are many types and styles.
An alternative it to use the "modesty panel" that comes in many tops and swimsuits.
Simply remove it, trim if required and then attach to either the doll or the inside of the top.
Nipple pop out is eliminated.
Ant999 wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 1:11 pm <snip>
Next opportunistic attempt at shorts, not my favorite color, but it was on sale, last one in the store at the beginning of winter. Also a girls 7-8 years, but with a button at the front and elastic around the back, and it fits better than the blue one, no yawning, easily goes over her buns, no modification needed. Home-made top.
<snip>
In my area many kids shorts and jeans come with adjustment tabs on the inside. You might be able to find similar things locally.
Basically it is an internal elastic strap the goes to two button on each inner side of the garment.
Pull the strap tabs to reduce the diameter as needed, then secure it at that point to the buttons.
The elastic strap has slits cuts in it which allows it to slip over the button.
It helps to achieve a nice butt fit and reduce the upper waist gap.

Hope it helps.
Cheers!
... W ...
Any comments, ideas or suggestions are given FREELY for your use and information. Before using, first check to ensure they are compatible with your doll or specific situation. If any tool, chemical or technique is mentioned, make sure to follow all directions and safety instructions of the product. Some tools or items can be dangerous, so be careful. Use all appropriate safety gear, don’t run with scissors and don’t eat the yellow snow. Always keep your mind open.

Ant999

Post by Ant999 »

I was surprised how well this fits, kids 6-7 y/o track suit and pants. The pants could have been a bit longer, but after weeks of repeated visits, it does not seem like they are ever going to receive stock of larger sizes. From a store called PEP, probably not known to anyone outside Africa and Brazil.
IMG_20240425_151305.jpg
IMG_20240425_151305.jpg (36.96 KiB) Viewed 65 times
IMG_20240425_151008.jpg
IMG_20240425_151008.jpg (38.9 KiB) Viewed 65 times

INFORMATIONS