sexyrealsexdolls.com

Help: I can't remove medical tape residue.

Mods, Repairs & Maintenance related specifically to not specifically listed TPE or TPR Dolls
HNB
Apprentice
Apprentice

Help: I can't remove medical tape residue.

Post by HNB »

Hello,

I recently tried some repairs on a TPE body doll using the "3M 94 Primer" method (Worked wonderfully) but to 'suture' the repair I used some first-aid style tape I had at the house. I tested both styles (cloth backed and vinyl) on a discrete area, left it for 5 mins and pulled it off. No residue, no problem. I thought I had found a new doll product.

However, after applying the 94 Primer and closing the cuts I started noticing some of the tape coming loose. What I think has happened is that as the 94 Primer degassed to seal up the TPE, some likely came into contact with the tape and now I have a thin film of adhesive material all around the repair area.

I've tried:
Mineral Oil
Vaseline
Isopropyl Alcohol
Liquid Hand Soap
Bar Soap
Peanut butter
Corn Starch then Alcohol
Corn Starch then Mineral Oil
Other tapes to attempt to dap off the residue

No matter what, after it dries, I can place my hand there and it's extremely sticky. I've cleaned other areas with the similar products thinking maybe the TPE is just "laboratory clean", but while it gets more tacky, it's not as tacky as where the tape was. In fact, if I mess with the area long enough, I feel the residue on my hand (which can be cleaned off pretty easily from skin)

Anyone have any experience with medical style tape residue removal from TPE?

HNB
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Help: I can't remove medical tape residue.

Post by HNB »

Small update:

My best bet so far has been the Iso Alcohol. I'll unroll a length of gauze, use a dropper to add a few drops of Iso on the area, wait about a min, then a firm scrape-scrub in the same direction seems to be moving the area closer to one side. I'll buy and stick with bondage tape or ACE bandage if I ever have an area I want to hold closed over night. The great news is that the 3m94 fix is working amazingly. Really holding the area closed with all this scrubbing and different cleaners :D

Wheezer
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Re: Help: I can't remove medical tape residue.

Post by Wheezer »

Glad to hear that the 3M 94 primer is working well for your repair.

The listed solvent for uncured 3M 94 is iso propyl alcohol (IPA). You can use that to remove excess or even thin 3M 94 for special applications such as tattoos.
A good idea is to always wipe the area AROUND the repair once done with a Q-Tip lightly dipped in IPA. This takes care of any that may have oozed out of the repair.

If you want to bandage over a repair area with a human style Band-Aid item, then place some baby oil on the absorbent pad that will cover the repair.
The baby oil will prevent the 3M primer from sticking to it.

Cheers!
... W ...
Any comments, ideas or suggestions are given FREELY for your use and information. Before using, first check to ensure they are compatible with your doll or specific situation. If any tool, chemical or technique is mentioned, make sure to follow all directions and safety instructions of the product. Some tools or items can be dangerous, so be careful. Use all appropriate safety gear, don’t run with scissors and don’t eat the yellow snow. Always keep your mind open.

INFORMATIONS