betterlovedoll.com

It’s 2023, where are the sex robots?

Articles about Dolls and Owners in digital and printed media.
Also includes radio.
Technician
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: It’s 2023, where are the sex robots?

Post by Technician »

We have the robotics technology, but not the battery technology.
100cm Sasy Amazon doll. Purchased: 11/27/2018, Measurements: I - cup / 25I - 16 - 24 @ 32.4 lbs
140cm Sasy Amazon doll. Purchased: 5/14/2019, Measurements: K - cup / 31K - 19 - 25 @ 51 lbs
125cm Amazon doll. Purchased: 3/24/2024, Measurements: G - cup / 26G - 17 - 25 @ 39.8 lbs

Luiskjr
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Luiskjr »

Forget the body
A sex robot comes to be if the Head and face are realistic. Add Gpt4 and thats it.
Not a large battery required here

Let the mechanical body movement for a later
stage

If she can move eyes, eyebrows, smile, even get an allergy nose, wetty eyes, articulate mouth to speak her gpt talk... we can relate to her as a sex robot (and even as a person)

The body as it is today, needing our help just as a person that had a spin paralysis.

Now the silicone technology to do this exists, cause the stretching of mouth and jaw would be very minor, made out of a grade suitable for small expansion and contraction

Harmony moves her mouth too much, not necessary. They make her do it cause she doesnt have other reflexions of lips so the mouth movement is the only talk clue.

But she could open her mouse less wide, stretch it in different directions, specially the lower lip and jaw which should be a separate silicone part from the inside, glued to the upper face near the nose by hard silicone and from the inside down to the throat.

Its an engeneering of face muscle and cartilages that needs development but so far manufacturers have stopped at plain mouth going up and down to simulate talk

Like in virtual anime, they must study how speech, vocals and words affect lips and jaw movement, accompanied by natural pupil focus and blink

In other words, instead of engineers we need animators at today's robot factories. Pixar, etc

it can be done. Its just that robot makers have so much work with other details of prototypes they are happy to achieve what they have today.

Harmony or Denise from Realbotix are a solution cause they wanna show its possible, sell the standard as it is, make some money and then start improving their features

So no, battery isnt a problem yet. What defines a sex robot is her brain, head and face first, the ability to resemble a human in speech, emotions, thought, expressions.

If below her head she has a gorgeous body like current silicone you will fall in love with her and watch movies together, discuss politics and make love
Im kind of like Larry David, speak my mind and that offends some but thats how I am
1965-1978 Long Pillow
1980 Inflatable
2016 Plush Doll
2020 Irontech Torso Mira
Starpery TPE 172F Wayne Winstead and Rozanne, Starpery Silicone Nathalia 165D

Technician
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Technician »

Bugs to work out, yes, but in the limited space we don't have enough room for batteries that would keep a sexbot moving for long. Realistically facial movements are the least of the concern as each little movement represents 150-350ma of wasted current.
Either way I believe we'll have sexbots probably in the next year but they'll not have incredible stamina. There are at least a half of a dozen threads just on tdf alone where people are pursuing the development.
Everything starts on paper, so first you look at motivation, whether it's X amount of servos or a hydraulic pump large enough for X amount of cylinders or whatever, then mathematically figure that current draw vs the size of the battery pack that can be carried. Horse, cart .... not the other way around, I'm sure 10 out of 10 customers would prefer a sexbot that can ride them all night over one that can smile and wink.
100cm Sasy Amazon doll. Purchased: 11/27/2018, Measurements: I - cup / 25I - 16 - 24 @ 32.4 lbs
140cm Sasy Amazon doll. Purchased: 5/14/2019, Measurements: K - cup / 31K - 19 - 25 @ 51 lbs
125cm Amazon doll. Purchased: 3/24/2024, Measurements: G - cup / 26G - 17 - 25 @ 39.8 lbs

toddjy
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by toddjy »

My bed's not that far from a power outlet. I think I could live with a power cord coming out of her side.

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

And try not to think of the consequences for the electronics of a direct lightning strike to the power supply in your area :(

Technician
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Technician »

Yeah, lol nothing kills the moment like passing a lightning bolt through your wiener.

macboy2
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by macboy2 »

This past winter I set my kids up with an Oculus Quest 2 VR headset. And then I found CzechVR while digging around on the headsets web browser. If you all have never tried the VR headsets I HIGHLY recommend you give it a try. Just like they do at ohmydoll, if you pair your dolls with the VR experience you're going to be quite blown away. Even without a full doll (or any doll or toy at all) the VR experience is quite the thing. And cheap. For less than the cost of one "full meal deal" session at ohmydoll you can find a used Quest 2 VR headset. We paid $250 for ours.
It's intense and the way ohmydoll delivers it is smart. But if you have a doll at home you can do the same thing. In fact I think the dolls at home will be a better match - while it "looks" like ohmydoll has all sorts of dolls to choose from they in fact don't. The dolls are all the same and I think they are all off-brand dolls. Sure the pictures on the website show manufacturer dolls like WM etc, but the reality is that those are not the dolls waiting in the room for you. I don't mean to take away from what they are doing. For those of us (like myself) that do not or cannot have a doll at home they run a very clean, professional service. I know - I'm a repeat offender. But I think anyone with a high quality customized doll at home would be a bit let down.

Luiskjr
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Luiskjr »

VR has great potential for sex games. Good game Developers have not aimed their energies to software yet

Having a doll enhances the experience Im sure, I will buy a VR set once a good Sex immerse game is out.
Im kind of like Larry David, speak my mind and that offends some but thats how I am
1965-1978 Long Pillow
1980 Inflatable
2016 Plush Doll
2020 Irontech Torso Mira

Dolltopsy
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Dolltopsy »

I think they’re coming a lot sooner than we think. Just saw this:

https://twitter.com/TheSanctuaryAI/stat ... 48417?s=20

I mean in my mind, either slap some TPE/Silicone on the above and you’ve got a gen 1 sex robot (among other purposes I’m sure, but this is the Doll Forum not assisted care giver forum, etc.).

Or if not fully covered in a material, go the Ex Machina route and make the frame more human like, masculine or feminine, and have TPE/Silicone for the fun parts lol.

I think a non-talking, no facial movement robot is the way to go for the first gen of sex robots.

Think about your current doll you've got right now, only it can walk and position it self instead of having to deadlift it. That’d be great progress in my book.

swampass123
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by swampass123 »

Luiskjr wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 4:24 am VR has great potential for sex games. Good game Developers have not aimed their energies to software yet

Having a doll enhances the experience Im sure, I will buy a VR set once a good Sex immerse game is out.
I would highly recommend https://www.patreon.com/CaptainHardcore

10/month gets you one of the most immersive games you can imagine

foofighter12

Post by foofighter12 »

Meta said that they are focusing on mix reality with the oculus quest 3. Because this device will have color passthrough and depth perception, i can see developers for adult games using it on dolls. For example, with augmented reality via the VR headset, a developer could superimpose a natural face on a doll (like faceApp except the face moves in real time). This is much easier and cheaper to do than using robotics to move the face and it is something that can be done in the next few years. The only downside is having to wear a VR headset, but they are getting lighter as time goes on.

Luiskjr
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Luiskjr »

foofighter12 wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 8:49 pm Meta said that they are focusing on mix reality with the oculus quest 3. Because this device will have color passthrough and depth perception, i can see developers for adult games using it on dolls. For example, with augmented reality via the VR headset, a developer could superimpose a natural face on a doll (like faceApp except the face moves in real time). This is much easier and cheaper to do than using robotics to move the face and it is something that can be done in the next few years. The only downside is having to wear a VR headset, but they are getting lighter as time goes on.
I agree 3d Oculus are great and an excellent sex accessory to create a virtual reality sexual situation.

What you say is interesting about projecting a virtual moving face exactly in the Doll's face, that sounds possible. I think Blade Runner 2049 had a scene of some sort

But yes, Oculus is a huge apparatus. They need to get smaller and flatter so we can kiss the doll

(and cheaper):)
1965-1978 Long Pillow
1980 Inflatable
2016 Plush Doll
2020 Irontech Torso Mira

davyj
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by davyj »

won't it just be a situation like in the movies, where one day we just start seeing companion robots which have an... er... "override mode"

I mean, won't it be the big companies, like Boston dynamics who do this rather than sex doll companies?

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

Boston dynamics have nailed the mobility stuff just the exterior is butt ugly :)

Socratus
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Socratus »

Jussi wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 10:39 am
Humans (mostly men) have fantasised about sex robot-like beings since before Ovid wrote the tale of the sculptor Pygmalion bringing his creation, Galatea, to life. In more recent times, it is reflected in television series such as Westworld and films including Steven Spielberg’s A.I., Alex Garlands’s Ex Machina and Ridley Scott’s Blade Runner. And who could forget the fembots in Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery, with their fully armed bazookas?
I grew up easily expecting servo-robots and even companion robots, like friend robots, I was too young to consider sex-robots! (and not those silly carpet things or robots in factories). I think that Society's taken a wrong turn somewhere cos I'm pretty sure we have the means to make it happen if we really wanted to. Smartphones, facebook, the wasteful obsession on identity politics (introverted stuff) has made people miss the really cool things we could have had, including space travel , we should be at Mars by now. It's happening a bit, but at such a slow pace we may not even get there. What happened?

p.s Some theorists even say that mankind's intelligence is less than it was in the 17th century... :(
I apologise for any late responses to users trying to communicate with me, as a certain Mod has decided he doesn't like how I talked in a particular post then decided to restrict me so I can post nothing without his permission. If I am banned for good, then best wishes to those I, and Aran, have met. May your futures with your dolls be good ones.

INFORMATIONS