betterlovedoll.com

PM`s

This forum is devoted SOLELY to questions and answers regarding how to use the forum and other features of the "The Doll Forum" website. Questions or help regarding dolls should be posted elsewhere. Bug reports can also all be found here. If you encounter a bug, this is where to address it.
r2d2
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

PM`s

Post by r2d2 »

sent some pm`s ,but they are not showing in my `out box/sent box` !! ??
have they been sent? :?

have i missed something on here ? or am i just being a bit thick today

:oops:

siliconegrapes
Ex-Member

Post by siliconegrapes »

Hmmm... Can you tell us exactly what you did to send a PM? Mabe that way we can tell if you're doing something wrong. Also, you can send me a PM and I'll let you know if I got it.
Not all maufacturers can be trusted. PLEASE read the forums thoroughly to make sure you are dealing with a reputable manufacturer.

r2d2
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by r2d2 »

i just clicked on pm(for a member on the forum page) .then message box open, i type my message and click send.

but , it dont look like it work :? it not show in outbox :?

sent you a PM with Subject help and message help

siliconegrapes
Ex-Member

Post by siliconegrapes »

I just got your PM and sent one back so it looks like you're okay. :wink: Who are you trying to contact? I wonder if their mailbox is full and that's why it doesn't show that you sent a PM?
Not all maufacturers can be trusted. PLEASE read the forums thoroughly to make sure you are dealing with a reputable manufacturer.

B3F11dolly
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by B3F11dolly »

:roll: strange...

pm should be in the outbox until the person reads it,
then pm should be in the sentbox

sending a pm should work if the receiver's pm inbox is full,
my inbox has been full often enough

:roll:

just made a test,
you can even send pms to somebody having status "ex-member"
(but I don't expect any answer soon) :P

od
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by od »

Same problem that i had with sending PM's for a while. Some would go and some would not. I kept wondering why that was happening.... Then it finally dawned on me that i was trying to send some PM's without a Subject title.

Without a subject title, a PM will not go out.........

Hope that helps....
In certain trying circumstances, urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity furnishes a relief denied even to prayer   ~Mark Twain~ <a href="http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/index.php?cat=10592">http://www.dollalbum.com/do

siliconelover
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by siliconelover »

Learned this same lesson myself last night, the hard way.

After hitting the submit key, I went back to my personal message page only to find nothing had gone out. When I returned to my message sent, it was gone, forever. So I had to redo and rewrite. Only then did I see and learn about the need for a Subject title.

Should have looked here first.
SEX, DOLLS and ROCK & ROLL

B3F11dolly
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by B3F11dolly »

siliconelover wrote:I went back to my personal message page only to find nothing had gone out. When I returned to my message sent, it was gone, forever.
Try the "back" button of your browser. Should work. :wink: At least it works for me. For example I once went to "home" when I finished typing a pm, instead of clicking on "submit". I tried to go back and it was still there, ready to submit. Also works with posts. Another way to play it safe is this one : If you feel like there's a problem and things could be gone, before you submit, mark the text with the mouse and copy it (control + c), so if it should be really gone, just go to the text box again and insert (control + v) :-P

shy1

Post by shy1 »

Vanessa wrote:Try the "back" button of your browser. Should work.
Depends on browser. (older) variants of IE would lose the text left in the editor when I went back. firefox does the right thing.

s1

INFORMATIONS