Starpery.com

Metal prongs sticking out my doll's neck. Should I be worried?

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
RevJack
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Re: Metal prongs sticking out my doll's neck. Should I be worried?

Post by RevJack »

Mister Bungle 157 wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 6:53 am
RevJack wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 9:08 pm Now drink some whisky and wait for the JB Weld to completely cure before you move the neck or mount the head.

Reverend Jack
Jack Daniel's No. 7 of course.

Reverend Jack
This sounds crucial..... Any particlar brand or basic bar stock? :glou:
Reverend Jacks Roamin' Cadillac Sex Doll Repair. Roamin' the land fixin' dollies and handing out salvation from the back of his Cadillac.

ALSO TRY Reverend Jack's Anointed Snake Oil, good for cleansing stains from the body and the Soul! Step right up folks, only $5 a bottle! We got plenty to go around! Cash only please.

Aibei 158 Blue Elf, AS 157, XES 128, OR 156G, WM 160C (r), Sanhui 168 (r), WM 157B, WM 138D (Faun), Mistress 168 (r), 6YE 100 (Bubbles)

Khaossinua

Post by Khaossinua »

Socratus wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 6:33 am

I really appreciate your instructions... Will get the epoxy and mentally gear myself up to this. I managed to learn how to heat-mend TPE, I will this too!

The whisky part will at least be enjoyable. :wink:

In addition to Reverend Jack's advice, I would replace the factory pins with aluminum, or even better, copper soft wire as thick as the inside diameter of the flexible tube. This will improve its flexibility and increase (I hope) durability. But in general, I do not believe in the gooseneck design. This is an outdated and unsustainable solution.

Socratus
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Socratus »

Khaossinua wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 1:15 pm
Socratus wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 6:33 am

I really appreciate your instructions... Will get the epoxy and mentally gear myself up to this. I managed to learn how to heat-mend TPE, I will this too!

The whisky part will at least be enjoyable. :wink:

In addition to Reverend Jack's advice, I would replace the factory pins with aluminum, or even better, copper soft wire as thick as the inside diameter of the flexible tube. This will improve its flexibility and increase (I hope) durability. But in general, I do not believe in the gooseneck design. This is an outdated and unsustainable solution.
That's advanced work, m8, which I'm not skilled in. I hope I won't have to do that. But thanks for the advice.

I didn't even know about the gooseneck design until you first mentioned it. Remember this is my first doll; one just doesn't think to look up that kind of detail. What are the other doll neck designs?

Anyway, If I have to do that I will call you again for more details. That's if I just don't buy a better doll type. :thumbs_up:
I apologise for any late responses to users trying to communicate with me, as a certain Mod has decided he doesn't like how I talked in a particular post then decided to restrict me so I can post nothing without his permission. If I am banned for good, then best wishes to those I, and Aran, have met. May your futures with your dolls be good ones.

Khaossinua

Post by Khaossinua »

Socratus wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 1:29 pm What are the other doll neck designs?
In addition to the already infamous gooseneck, there is a more reliable gimbal design (I have attached a photo), as well as a hinged neck from ZELEX. About the latter, I can only say that it broke down some time after its debut (I saw it on the dollforum).

1000-f6d042c49968ff6fd45fcf33cbf7979c.jpeg
1000-f6d042c49968ff6fd45fcf33cbf7979c.jpeg (312.43 KiB) Viewed 127 times

Socratus
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Socratus »

Khaossinua wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 2:07 pm
In addition to the already infamous gooseneck, there is a more reliable gimbal design (I have attached a photo), as well as a hinged neck from ZELEX. About the latter, I can only say that it broke down some time after its debut (I saw it on the dollforum).

Interesting. Thankyou. :thumbs_up:
I apologise for any late responses to users trying to communicate with me, as a certain Mod has decided he doesn't like how I talked in a particular post then decided to restrict me so I can post nothing without his permission. If I am banned for good, then best wishes to those I, and Aran, have met. May your futures with your dolls be good ones.

RevJack
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by RevJack »

There are two main neck designs, and some experimentation with a third.
First, earliest, cheapest is the goose-neck. Just a spiral metal tube used in goose-neck lamps.
The more expensive dolls now use a two-Joint neck, using the same joints that are in the dolls elbows and knees. One joint flexes forward and back, one flexes side to side.
The third, and quazi-experimental design is a ball-joint. Early ball-joints failed and lost their tension but Zellex has a new industrial design ball joint in their new EXP skeleton's neck. Very soon I will have my hands on one and I will take her through the paces and give y'all a thorough Reverend Jack Review.

But all the discount dolls and knock-offs and little dolls will have the goose-neck until we demand better and stop buying them.

Reverend Jack
Reverend Jacks Roamin' Cadillac Sex Doll Repair. Roamin' the land fixin' dollies and handing out salvation from the back of his Cadillac.

ALSO TRY Reverend Jack's Anointed Snake Oil, good for cleansing stains from the body and the Soul! Step right up folks, only $5 a bottle! We got plenty to go around! Cash only please.

Aibei 158 Blue Elf, AS 157, XES 128, OR 156G, WM 160C (r), Sanhui 168 (r), WM 157B, WM 138D (Faun), Mistress 168 (r), 6YE 100 (Bubbles)

Socratus
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Socratus »

Khaossinua wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 2:07 pm

RevJack wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 2:21 pm There are two main neck designs, and some experimentation with a third.
First, earliest, cheapest is the goose-neck. Just a spiral metal tube used in goose-neck lamps.
The more expensive dolls now use a two-Joint neck, using the same joints that are in the dolls elbows and knees. One joint flexes forward and back, one flexes side to side.
The third, and quazi-experimental design is a ball-joint. Early ball-joints failed and lost their tension but Zellex has a new industrial design ball joint in their new EXP skeleton's neck. Very soon I will have my hands on one and I will take her through the paces and give y'all a thorough Reverend Jack Review.

But all the discount dolls and knock-offs and little dolls will have the goose-neck until we demand better and stop buying them.

Reverend Jack

Just wanted to inform you the job is done. Her neck area feels a lot stiffer and stronger now. I was out of Whiskey so had some Napoleonic Brandy, I would hand you guys a glass, perhaps one day I'll be able to.

Thankyou all for your help and advice and especially RevJack. :drinking:

RevJack
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by RevJack »

Socratus,
Brandy? The only good Brandy I know is a stripper!
Bang her once for me and we'll call it even.

Reverend Jack

INFORMATIONS