Starpery.com

body wash for doll cleaning

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
Diablito1980

body wash for doll cleaning

Post by Diablito1980 »

Help. Need advice as to what kind of bodywash I can use to wash my doll with. Can I use Dove bodywash? Also, how can I remove stains from her skin. Any particular thing out here i can use without damaging her skin?

MadScience72
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Re: body wash for doll cleaning

Post by MadScience72 »

So far the best thing I have tried for stains is acne cream. I use the Walmart brand and it works decent enough. Just apply it liberally on stain let it set overnight and clean off with warm water. Keep in mind if stain is darker you might have to repeat process a few times.
Today I am no longer a prisoner of your reality.

The Doll Advocate
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by The Doll Advocate »

Tpe or silicone?

Diablito1980

Post by Diablito1980 »

TPE

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

I use Dawn dish soap. Sold as Fairy outside the US. About a half teaspoon in quart or so of warm water. As for stains, I try to keep that from happening, but when it does I just wait for them to fade on their own.

Diablito1980

Post by Diablito1980 »

ok thank you very much. I washed her this morning with the original dove body wash then oiled her with baby oil. But her skin still feels sticky. Any advice on that. Renewal powder only last for a few hours thats it. I want to her skin to feel soft all the time.

Socratus
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Socratus »

A light bit of talcum powder (Johnsons baby powder works for me) over her body after washing should remove the 'sticky' feel.

To wash her I just used normal bathing soap and shampoo, no probs. Never considered using dish soap,I will try that for her next shower!
I apologise for any late responses to users trying to communicate with me, as a certain Mod has decided he doesn't like how I talked in a particular post then decided to restrict me so I can post nothing without his permission. If I am banned for good, then best wishes to those I, and Aran, have met. May your futures with your dolls be good ones.

whiterose
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by whiterose »

Diablito1980 wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 4:02 pm ok thank you very much. I washed her this morning with the original dove body wash then oiled her with baby oil. But her skin still feels sticky. Any advice on that. Renewal powder only last for a few hours thats it. I want to her skin to feel soft all the time.
Is this a new doll? Then no oil! Please! no wonder she feels sticky!

Wash her again. Use one part body wash to five parts warm water and get off all the excess oil, then rinse her to get the soap off. Pat her gently dry with a towel and let her dry all over. (People say two hours but I usually do less than one because I can't stand not to hug and hold my doll for two hours!) Powder her when she is dry. If you do it while she is still wet the powder will make patches on her skin.

If this is a new TPE doll, you can use oil to clean her but she probably won't need a full oiling, where the oil is left on her skin to be absorbed, for maybe as long as a year. Depending on where you live. But a new doll should not need any oil.

Some people put their dolls in the shower but I am too afraid of water getting in to her. So I usually put her on a table with a plastic tablecloth or use two spray bottles, one with soap and water, one with plain water for rinsing.

Rock13
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Post by Rock13 »

That's the method I used to clean my first doll based on what appeared to be the standard practices of yesteryear. Either with propietary TPE foaming cleanser or Dove bodywash. In the shower, followed by a comprehensive oiling every 30 or so days. That seems to have been a mistake, because that one (Hadleigh) required more frequent powdering and spent a year sweating out oil and staining deeply until I finally abandoned that approach.

I can vouch unreservedly for whiterose's assessment and recommendations. Based on my own experience, years of reviewing debates regarding routine maintenance, the often destructive results of sustained saturation, and the fact that TPE itself has evolved it seems that these dolls don't require general oiling for quite awhile. I've had Harper for years running and I've never oiled her other than to spot clean small areas like elbows and feet. Kendall is newer and likewise has never been oiled. Their skin remains like new.
Hadleigh is a fair-skinned WM163C/#188, Harper (#124) is a medium toned WM164D, Kendall is a fair-skinned 163C/#398. All via RLSD.

Link to Hadleigh's photo thread

Link to Harper's photo thread

Link to Kendall's photo thread

Link to the H2K Ranch

1Drummer
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by 1Drummer »

Rock13 wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 1:08 pm That's the method I used to clean my first doll based on what appeared to be the standard practices of yesteryear. Either with propietary TPE foaming cleanser or Dove bodywash. In the shower, followed by a comprehensive oiling every 30 or so days. That seems to have been a mistake, because that one (Hadleigh) required more frequent powdering and spent a year sweating out oil and staining deeply until I finally abandoned that approach.

I can vouch unreservedly for whiterose's assessment and recommendations. Based on my own experience, years of reviewing debates regarding routine maintenance, the often destructive results of sustained saturation, and the fact that TPE itself has evolved it seems that these dolls don't require general oiling for quite awhile. I've had Harper for years running and I've never oiled her other than to spot clean small areas like elbows and feet. Kendall is newer and likewise has never been oiled. Their skin remains like new.
Rock13, your reply is about the most recent I can find on the subject of cleaning and maintenance. I had been reading a thread that had a routine by another member that seemed to be a "hub" for quite a few opinions and methods. However that thread was started back in 2018.

As a winner of one of the resent "giveaway" dolls, am I to assume that the above approach is the new standard with newer TPE dolls ?

Should a deep cleaning and subsequent oiling still be done upon doll arrival ?

Are the Vaseline and or baby/mineral oil method still considered viable options for oiling when necessary, as well as protecting areas prone to tears ?

I get that everyone's experience may differ but I just want to keep the maintenance at a minimum, and to help my doll last as long as possible.

Thanks for your response.

Rock13
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Post by Rock13 »

1Drummer wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 3:08 pmRock13, your reply is about the most recent I can find on the subject of cleaning and maintenance. I had been reading a thread that had a routine by another member that seemed to be a "hub" for quite a few opinions and methods. However that thread was started back in 2018.

As a winner of one of the resent "giveaway" dolls, am I to assume that the above approach is the new standard with newer TPE dolls ?

Are the Vaseline and or baby/mineral oil method still considered viable options for oiling when necessary, as well as protecting areas prone to tears ?

I get that everyone's experience may differ but I just want to keep the maintenance at a minimum, and to help my doll last as long as possible.

Hello 1Drummer,

Upon reflection, although it seemed like the most efficient way to remove the greasy grimy factory residues that she exuded, I'm not certain whether I did my first doll any favors by scrubbing her down with the Dove liquid in the shower. I did plug her neck socket, avoided getting water in her insert cavity, and was careful to dry out her foot bolt pockets immediately, but there's no way of knowing whether she would've stopped emitting the grayish grimy residues on her own had I not done that. In fact, once I stopped doing it she only required the foaming cleanser and powder and I haven't oiled her in something like four years. The newer TPE on my other two dolls didn't exude any material at all and I've never given them a general oiling.

All three of my dolls are from WM and my current approach to going very light on the baby oil just for spot treatments seems to work for them. I can't speak for those of other manufacturers and I don't know who manufactured your doll. One way you might test your new doll for saturation would be to lay a small piece of blank copier paper under it overnight and see what happens. If the paper gets saturated, then you probably won't have to use baby oil as a general treatment for many months, perhaps never. Unfortunately, there's no real science behind it- merely observation and gut feeling. If at some point your doll's flesh begins to feel a bit stiffer, less supple, or you begin to see small spots that appear to be dessicating or exhibit pilling during normal cleansing, then a light oil treatment may be in order.

It's not the cheapest option, but I do recommend the foaming TPE cleanser offered among the supplies on webstores such as RLSD.
Hadleigh is a fair-skinned WM163C/#188, Harper (#124) is a medium toned WM164D, Kendall is a fair-skinned 163C/#398. All via RLSD.

Link to Hadleigh's photo thread

Link to Harper's photo thread

Link to Kendall's photo thread

Link to the H2K Ranch

1Drummer
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by 1Drummer »

Rock13 wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 4:49 pm
1Drummer wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 3:08 pmRock13, your reply is about the most recent I can find on the subject of cleaning and maintenance. I had been reading a thread that had a routine by another member that seemed to be a "hub" for quite a few opinions and methods. However that thread was started back in 2018.

Hello 1Drummer,

Upon reflection, although it seemed like the most efficient way to remove the greasy grimy factory residues that she exuded, I'm not certain whether I did my first doll any favors by scrubbing her down with the Dove liquid in the shower. I did plug her neck socket, avoided getting water in her insert cavity, and was careful to dry out her foot bolt pockets immediately, but there's no way of knowing whether she would've stopped emitting the grayish grimy residues on her own had I not done that. In fact, once I stopped doing it she only required the foaming cleanser and powder and I haven't oiled her in something like four years. The newer TPE on my other two dolls didn't exude any material at all and I've never given them a general oiling.

All three of my dolls are from WM and my current approach to going very light on the baby oil just for spot treatments seems to work for them. I can't speak for those of other manufacturers and I don't know who manufactured your doll. One way you might test your new doll for saturation would be to lay a small piece of blank copier paper under it overnight and see what happens. If the paper gets saturated, then you probably won't have to use baby oil as a general treatment for many months, perhaps never. Unfortunately, there's no real science behind it- merely observation and gut feeling. If at some point your doll's flesh begins to feel a bit stiffer, less supple, or you begin to see small spots that appear to be dessicating or exhibit pilling during normal cleansing, then a light oil treatment may be in order.

It's not the cheapest option, but I do recommend the foaming TPE cleanser offered among the supplies on webstores such as RLSD.
Thank you Rock13 for your advice. This will be my first doll so I'm probably overly paranoid about making it last.

Sounds like once I have the proper products, the rest is a observational and common sense kind of approach.

Later.

The Doll Advocate
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by The Doll Advocate »

I use dawn dish liquid on my tpe girls .
I'm sure it would be fine for silicone also.

Velo77
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Velo77 »

My reseller advices to use a showergel without additions, like fragrances or perfumes. Example is 'Neutral Shower gel 0%'. My doll is silicone and this soap is perfect.
Use babypowder afterwards, use it on all her body and rub that stuff in. She will be like new (and soft).

Goodluck!

- V

Hot doll reviews
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor
Location: My Harem Tent in My Desert Kingdom 🏜️ 🌵🧚🏼‍♀️🧚🏼‍♀️🧚🧚‍♂️💃👙🩴👗🌹🧘‍♀️

Post by Hot doll reviews »

I use cheap shampoo or body wash, I have a wood beam with long leg structure non invasive to my tub/shower for hooking my girl up to in my shower. I then while hanging right behind me from a m16 bolt/hook and while taking a shower myself shampoo up my hair, heavy lather using two hand fulls of suds, hand wash my wet lover thoroughly from neck to feet like a soapy massage, which I totally dig, keeping the bolt area from water with a small piece of plastic bag, rinse her thoroughly with a hand held hose I invented for my ladies muff areas and after the soapy enema squirts and thorough muff rinses, leave her hang overnight to dry. Then powder her with a white cheap set of cotton garden gloves that are kinda an open weave manufacture, which I pour cheap white off brand powder into, after which I can slap them against her lightly or put them on my hands and pad her lightly from neck to feet to evenly powder her, then place her back in my Harem next to her sisters and place her head on her so she is my complete pristine goddess waiting for my next need of her love 💕 then blow dry her muff, with ($10 Walmart air mattress blower and flesh light shipping tubes) circulate air through her “must” have belly button modification to completely dry her love holes. Then every so often give her a baby oil tampon in and out to keep the muff and cookie nice soft for my love maker that’s how I roll brothers.
Attachments
IMG_2254.jpeg
IMG_2254.jpeg (1.1 MiB) Viewed 271 times
IMG_2250.jpeg
IMG_2250.jpeg (1.21 MiB) Viewed 271 times
IMG_2166.jpeg
IMG_2166.jpeg (1.22 MiB) Viewed 271 times
IMG_1907.jpeg
IMG_1907.jpeg (1.1 MiB) Viewed 271 times
She’s such a doll :plaidskirt: My November Girl……… Stay Hard and Drive Hard Brothers! - - Thanks for your excellent advice!

INFORMATIONS