Starpery.com

Adding standing support if not installed already

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
nox2doll

Adding standing support if not installed already

Post by nox2doll »

Hello, short and simple quide to add the standing support if not already installed (the screws).

1.) Make sure that your doll have a standart foot that is designed for standing (by touching..)
foot-0 – kopio.jpg
foot-0 – kopio.jpg (121.74 KiB) Viewed 476 times
2.) By touching, find the screw holes.. and mark them
foot-1.jpg
foot-1.jpg (91.31 KiB) Viewed 476 times
3.) Find some small metal pipe or similar as screw size.. and melt the material inside the pipe and push the pipe further in..
foot-2.jpg
foot-2.jpg (101.7 KiB) Viewed 476 times
4.) Locate the hole and clean it as nessessary..
foot-3.jpg
foot-3.jpg (76.3 KiB) Viewed 476 times
5.) Install the screw, you may need to make it shorter
foot-4.jpg
foot-4.jpg (82.33 KiB) Viewed 476 times
The screws are M6 size :)

Wheezer
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Re: Adding standing support if not installed already

Post by Wheezer »

A nice tutorials with pictures ....
This has been discussed several times, but it is nice to see a simple step by step.
Well done.
Cheers!
... W ...
Any comments, ideas or suggestions are given FREELY for your use and information. Before using, first check to ensure they are compatible with your doll or specific situation. If any tool, chemical or technique is mentioned, make sure to follow all directions and safety instructions of the product. Some tools or items can be dangerous, so be careful. Use all appropriate safety gear, don’t run with scissors and don’t eat the yellow snow. Always keep your mind open.

nox2doll

Post by nox2doll »

Thanks, I decided to do this little how-to because I have heard about drilling those screws in place (not very nice end result).

That way you get a clean install ;)
foot-done – kopio.jpg
foot-done – kopio.jpg (99.25 KiB) Viewed 412 times
Here there are about right.

One tricky point in this quide is that the hole must be in line with the screw hole or material kind of strething..

onelove
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by onelove »

How one could protect the skeleton from rusting if you would like to shower with her?

Wheezer
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Wheezer »

Basic answer ... don't shower with a doll with foot bolts. Water will get in.

The alternative is to attempt to seal the area. You can remove the bolts, pack with TPE plugs, then wrap in bags , tape and try to make water tight.
All those will be a chance and are only for light duty washing and such.

Another method it to use foot bolts like THESE (viewtopic.php?p=2389721).
Place a washer over the thread, screw into the foot and the cap and washer should form to the TPE and seal against water.
When done remove them and inject some mineral oil into the foot threads to be safe.
Then replace with the foot bolts of your choice.

But whatever you do, long showers with standing foot dolls are not really advised.

Cheers!
... W ...
Any comments, ideas or suggestions are given FREELY for your use and information. Before using, first check to ensure they are compatible with your doll or specific situation. If any tool, chemical or technique is mentioned, make sure to follow all directions and safety instructions of the product. Some tools or items can be dangerous, so be careful. Use all appropriate safety gear, don’t run with scissors and don’t eat the yellow snow. Always keep your mind open.

nox2doll

Post by nox2doll »

If you install the screws all way in just I did, you might have to make the holes about the same size than top of the screw. I was using two size of pipes, first smaller hole and then with the bigger pipe the final match. I advice to use extra time to mark a hole placement right or final look is not best possible.

I think it is possible make them "waterproof" but the holes must be quite a match. Also, when not installing screws all way in and by leaving material between foot base and the bolt head you can in theory make a waterproof seal.. of course the bolts are very mutch visible that way. All this of course depends on the material of the doll.

I never use any protection when using shower to clean all "dust" away from the doll.. so, my opinion on this point is not very relevant :)

Here is some dollwash video I made (unedited video). It is in finnish language but there is not mutch to understund. 8)
https://youtu.be/3VbKO0r2hoQ

A folded towel under the doll for the night and everything is fine.

nox2doll

Post by nox2doll »

I have created an edited version of the "dollwash" video, which also has translations of key points into English. The old video link no longer works.

https://youtu.be/85eUGTVgmNE

INFORMATIONS