betterlovedoll.com

Sugestions!

This forum is devoted SOLELY to questions and answers regarding how to use the forum and other features of the "The Doll Forum" website. Questions or help regarding dolls should be posted elsewhere. Bug reports can also all be found here. If you encounter a bug, this is where to address it.
IceM

Sugestions!

Post by IceM »

Greetings, Doll lovers .
I'm sorry if it is not the Right place to post this, but i have a suggestion for the site (Im sorry , im not the type to speak in forums , so i dont register because i wont be very active)
1- Why dont you make a Video Gallery :

Videos showing off Dolls, Owners showing How to Fix, repair, do stuff, But i mean Videos, in Streaming, Like youtube.

2- Everhard, Put more photos of Rebeca, I love that doll :twisted: 8O :lol:

Bye all, I Visit this forum regulary, but as i said, i dont speak too much :P

Miss_San_Diego
Former Member

Re: Sugestions!

Post by Miss_San_Diego »

IceM wrote:Greetings, Doll lovers .
I'm sorry if it is not the Right place to post this, but i have a suggestion for the site (Im sorry , im not the type to speak in forums , so i dont register because i wont be very active)
1- Why dont you make a Video Gallery :

Videos showing off Dolls, Owners showing How to Fix, repair, do stuff, But i mean Videos, in Streaming, Like youtube.

2- Everhard, Put more photos of Rebeca, I love that doll :twisted: 8O :lol:

Bye all, I Visit this forum regulary, but as i said, i dont speak too much :P
I also have a sugestion ! Join and become a member Im sure people here would welcome you aboard :wink:

AlexKnight
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Post by AlexKnight »

The main reason for not having a Video Gallery is because if we did get this, the bandwidth the forum would use would skyrocket!

And more bandwidth means, more expensive connection, which means, we can't finance it anymore, which means, we should charge a membership fee...

And that's something we don't want for our members.

So, no Video Gallery.
Check out Kayla's Christmas dress by clicking here. - December 17, 2015
or have a look at Ashley's Coverdoll release by clicking here - June 13, 2015

A must-see video on Realdoll softness! Click here!

Here's my Doll Album, with pictures of Jenna*, Melissa*, Kayla & Ashley, and some other things: Doll Album Gallery
*I no longer have Jenna or Melissa.

DemitriMaximovDE

Post by DemitriMaximovDE »

I have a suggestion if someone hasn't already done it. Could we get a table with the various manufacturers and pics of their dolls? It might also include links to the manufacturer website, price range, key points of the doll (construction, materials, how realistic they are:insert or built in vagina, mold lines, skeletal features, height, weight, etc). With a 1-5 star rating for each category that does not have numeric data. Make it visible for everybody so that it is easy to find and help people choose their first or next purchase. Price is certainly a factor in my purchase, so i for one would like a one stop place to determine the best price/quality ratio for what ever i may be purchasing. The closest thing i could find to this was the review section, but i found it to be unsatisfactory in ease of use and just pure data/description.

Dollinlove
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Dollinlove »

technoguy
Ex-Member

Post by technoguy »

IceM...

Sadly, there are some problems with offering video clips on websites. As was mentioned, there is the cost of providing the bandwidth necessary for streaming video and, a LOT of members here (like me) do NOT have a broadband connection.

Right now I'm posting this with a MSN TV 2 webtv device that uses a conventional 56 kbps telepone modem. As a test, I went to youtube and tried downloading a low resolution video of some Japanese guy's cute kitten. The video was only 34 seconds, but it took me ten MINUTES to download it!

On a lot of websites that do offer videos, those without the broadband connection often feel excluded from the party. At this site we want to make people feel included in what's happening as much as possible.

technoguy

DemitriMaximovDE

Actually, Dollinlove, I was thinking something more like a spreadsheet. The first page of the matrix i like because it lists the manufacturers, but the data is given per doll and displays every option for face and body. I wanted column1 manufacturer($low-$high)website, column2 doll model, column3 doll data.

Everhard
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Re: Sugestions!

Post by Everhard »

IceM wrote:Everhard, Put more photos of Rebeca, I love that doll :twisted: 8O :lol:
Rebecca is the greatest doll of all time, I reckon. It is a shame my web site is off line at the moment, doubtless a result of Guys and Dolls having been broadcast again on British television a couple of days ago.

Ex-Member

Post by 091106 »

a

DemitriMaximovDE

Thank you tdf091106! That is much closer to what i was looking for! If the doll forum software needs changes, perhaps someone could make a table using microsoft word or excel and upload it to another website, then have a link here? If I could, I would do it myself, but sadly I lack the skills to do such things.

INFORMATIONS