MF Creations Pupils, lids and footscrew simple Luddite customer review

We turn dreams into reality!
Socratus
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

MF Creations Pupils, lids and footscrew simple Luddite customer review

Post by Socratus »

Ok, got the MF Creations thingymajig movable eyelids with eyes kit and footscrews.

Little Tools Box:
The whole thing arrived in about a month from ordering, in a neat little pack. It has tools and little adjustable screws for two eyes that fit in the eye sockets of the doll. There's also footscrews to protect both your floor and the doll's feet from wear and tear.
pupil tools2.png
pupil tools2.png (2.81 MiB) Viewed 1118 times
Eyes.
Choosing eyes. You get 4 eye colour choices. I was going for hazel, hazel, hazel and for a change, hazel, but on reflection and advice decided to have a couple of different colours like blue and firey variant.
pupil tools50.png
pupil tools50.png (3.12 MiB) Viewed 1118 times
Fitting the eyes:
Plucked out the old ones carefully and inserted the new. These new eyes feel like quality with very realistic looking pupils. As said before they're adjustable by several length screws. Pick the one that works. To my surprise, I discovered that my doll's left eye had a much deeper socket hole than her right eye! So I used the shortest srew for one and the longest for the other and even then still had to use a little padding. Not MF's fault, but the manufacturer of the head. Anyway, it worked out.
The pupils are swappable with a very convenient tool.

Her new Hazel eyes!
awake50.png
awake50.png (3.13 MiB) Viewed 1118 times
Crazy Blue. Interesting.
crazy ice blue50.png
crazy ice blue50.png (2.97 MiB) Viewed 1115 times
and a firey one.
brunblue50.png
brunblue50.png (2.78 MiB) Viewed 1118 times
The pupils look great. I'm kinda wishing I'd got more hazel though since I want ALL the spares! 8)

Eyelids:

So onto the eyelids. they come in a standard sort of grey. They have a little hook on the end and one is labelled `Left`.
hook150.png
hook150.png (1.41 MiB) Viewed 1118 times
Left logo eyelid50.png
Left logo eyelid50.png (1.56 MiB) Viewed 1118 times
Now the eyelashes are not the original. I have replaced them. There was nothing wrong with the original, but I was messing about with them for a month doing this and that and the lashes started to fall out. The nice thing, now, is replacing the lashes is SO much easier than trying to glue them on her actual head eyelids which can screw them up a bit. The originals looked a little better than my rush job!

They can make a major difference to the 'life' of your dear girl. Examples...
bluelowlids50.png
bluelowlids50.png (2.07 MiB) Viewed 1118 times
sleepy150.png
sleepy150.png (1.79 MiB) Viewed 1118 times
FaceApp_60.png
FaceApp_60.png (1.82 MiB) Viewed 1118 times
THIS LAST ONE IS A FACEAPP! She can't really smile like this, but I just couldn't help putting this in while trying her eyes. It's not really 'her' smile, but still, I just had to post! I mean look at her! She could be real!

Oh and these do work to make her look asleep (or anything else involving closed eyes)!

Anyway...
Feet.

I also got footstud protector things. they come with a tool,to widen the studs slightly to fit over the metal studs. The foot bottoms are a bit gammy here cos in just 3 months they really suffered from wear, which I am working on correcting, so ignore that! The footscrews fit her metal studs perfectly and the default colour was just right. I have noticed that as well as reducing wear on my floor they actually help her to stand at slight angles MUCH easier which saves on a lot of effort when standing her. Also no searing pain if you accidentally stand her on your own feet.
footstudsgammy50.png
footstudsgammy50.png (2.57 MiB) Viewed 1118 times
Criticisms?
However, even these studs are taking some wear and tear after about a month. They are quite tough plastic, but I wonder how long they'll last?
You get 1 spare, but I would've liked a few more studs.
A spare set of eyelids would also be good.

Summary:
The sellar was very communicative (always a good sign) and let me know every step of the way how it was going.
Excellent product.
Very pleased. :mrgreen:

All I need now are some articulated hands... Oh and maybe teeth. :mrgreen:
I apologise for any late responses to users trying to communicate with me, as a certain Mod has decided he doesn't like how I talked in a particular post then decided to restrict me so I can post nothing without his permission. If I am banned for good, then best wishes to those I, and Aran, have met. May your futures with your dolls be good ones.

Electric Barbarella

Re: MF Creations Pupils, lids and footscrew simple Luddite customer review

Post by Electric Barbarella »

Hi - can they eyelids CLOSE all the way? If so, do they have flesh toned ones instead of grey??

It's a shame they didn't make eyelid closing / winking a standard feature with these dolls. Considering the cost of the dolls, it doesn't seem like that would be a complex, mechanical operation. There were the child baby dolls that closed their eyes whenever you laid them down (not even asking for auto-closing) so it's not an unheard of tech. It would add so much more to photography.

Can you also provide a link to the product page? Thanks so much.

Rock13
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Post by Rock13 »

Electric Barbarella wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 10:07 am Hi - can they eyelids CLOSE all the way? If so, do they have flesh toned ones instead of grey??

It's a shame they didn't make eyelid closing / winking a standard feature with these dolls. Considering the cost of the dolls, it doesn't seem like that would be a complex, mechanical operation. There were the child baby dolls that closed their eyes whenever you laid them down (not even asking for auto-closing) so it's not an unheard of tech. It would add so much more to photography.

Here's the topic that Mannequin Fan uses for product updates and technical information: viewtopic.php?t=100373&start=1230
Hadleigh is a fair-skinned WM163C/#188, Harper (#124) is a medium toned WM164D, Kendall is a fair-skinned 163C/#398. All via RLSD.

Link to Hadleigh's photo thread

Link to Harper's photo thread

Link to Kendall's photo thread

Link to the H2K Ranch

Electric Barbarella

Post by Electric Barbarella »

Thanks for the info... Sadly the eyelids seem to only be TPE-oriented, with possible adaptation to some silicone dolls with hands-on initiative by the buyer.
The doll I ordered has the spring loaded adjustable eyes which isn't compatible.
I also read that the foot caps seem to be inconsistent (at least by one report) - but those do look very nice.

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

Hey Socratus, thanks so much for that nice review! Not sure how I missed this post - I guess I need to start searching my own product name more often, lol.

Love this shot, she reminds me a little of a young Daryl Hanna...💗

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

Electric Barbarella wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 10:07 am Hi - can they eyelids CLOSE all the way? If so, do they have flesh toned ones instead of grey??
Hey EB, yes they can close all the way. In fact with the V6 lids you can actually pull them out a little and down using the little corner hooks to hold them in. See the YouTube video here: https://youtu.be/6wEPSVdIeEY
The eyelids that come with the EME kits are available unpainted in gray or black ABS, or painted in choice of 5 colors.
Electric Barbarella wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 4:26 pm Thanks for the info... Sadly the eyelids seem to only be TPE-oriented, with possible adaptation to some silicone dolls with hands-on initiative by the buyer.
The doll I ordered has the spring loaded adjustable eyes which isn't compatible.
With the help of TDF member Stocking Hunter, I've been working on Easy Move Eyes™ V11 which will work for SOFT silicone heads that use the spring loaded eye unit shown below. The factory eye unit is 30mm diameter, so the V11 eyes will be 30mm diameter to match the unit (slightly smaller than the 32mm TPE ones). He has reported that both V6 & V7 eyelids work fine in his soft silicone heads.

30mm eye unit.jpg
30mm eye unit.jpg (50.2 KiB) Viewed 945 times

Electric Barbarella wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 4:26 pm I also read that the foot caps seem to be inconsistent (at least by one report) - but those do look very nice.
Regarding the foot screw caps, when you say inconsistent, what do you mean exactly?

Socratus
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Socratus »

How strange. I usually get a notification if a post refers to me. I completely thought no one had bothered replying to my thread!

My apologies for not replying. Thankyou all for your posts. I'll try and keep a bit more of an eye here in future.
I apologise for any late responses to users trying to communicate with me, as a certain Mod has decided he doesn't like how I talked in a particular post then decided to restrict me so I can post nothing without his permission. If I am banned for good, then best wishes to those I, and Aran, have met. May your futures with your dolls be good ones.

Socratus
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Socratus »

MannequinFan wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 3:19 pm Hey Socratus, thanks so much for that nice review! Not sure how I missed this post - I guess I need to start searching my own product name more often, lol.

Love this shot, she reminds me a little of a young Daryl Hanna...💗

Well I always did like that girl in BladeRunner, although I wasn't basing on her - It's the same woman I think. Subconscious thing maybe? :mrgreen:

Socratus
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Socratus »

Rock13 wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 2:56 pm Here's the topic that Mannequin Fan uses for product updates and technical information: viewtopic.php?t=100373&start=1230
Thankyou, Rock13. Appreciated. Never realised someone had posted to me.

Stocking_Hunter

Post by Stocking_Hunter »

These eyes are gorgeous! Do they make them in Hazel too? :wink: ( I was actually asking MF about some Hazel irises for my next order. :D )
Attachments
brunblue50.png
brunblue50.png (1.58 MiB) Viewed 817 times

Khaossinua

Post by Khaossinua »

I purchased these cheap bolts last winter on AliExpress.
They are marked M6x18 (6 mm diameter, 18 mm length). They have been serving instead of the standard ones for 9 months, and no damage to the heels. But in addition to stockings/tights, I also put socks on my doll, and she stands for very little time, sits and lies on the sofa more.

IMG_20231110_190243_397.jpg
IMG_20231110_190243_397.jpg (72.22 KiB) Viewed 708 times

INFORMATIONS