Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

Poor service enquiry by Abyss

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

TJ_Foxx
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Re: Poor service enquiry by Abyss

Post by TJ_Foxx »

Desmondhume92 wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 11:30 am
TJ_Foxx wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 4:49 pm It sounds like everything is on track. I’d keep communicating with Sam, perhaps consider all the variables a little more carefully.

He will get with you as soon as he can. We know Sam is a dedicated guy with a lot on his plate.

Keep us posted.

As an aside I have a special eye lid order in with Abyss for my Tasha (P3 Sky) who has closing eyes.

It took a bit to get through but once Sam was able to get to me he has been very responsive & appreciative of my patience.
Thanks again for the assistance, Sam finally replied me yesterday but only admittedly after I sent an angry email. He told me he has been trying to reach me via phone to update since I created the order however he can't reach me. Not sure if it is an excuse but he could have just inform me via email and even if he called taking into account as an overseas customer the time zone difference is more than 12 hours here and I would have asleep by then.

I confimed with him my cellphone no. and convienent timing and currently waiting for his update.

Having past experience with my first doll order, I already expect my current order will be delayed as well and I won't mind about it but it would be great I received an update from their side of the delay instead of me as a customer actually chasing and seeking help via this forum as a last resort. After all,I was initially told that my order would have been shipped by July 23.

All understandable. Please know they have been hit with more shortages and challenges since you ordered, but that doesn't make it any less frustrating. I am glad you were able to get with Sam and are headed in the right direction. It is unfortunate we have others with no experience or connection to Abyss adding to the confusion and frustration . Feel free to send me a PM any time.
TJ_Foxx
Tasha Petite 3 Sky
Talia Petite 3 Dark Sky

Out_Of_Sync
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Out_Of_Sync »

I completely understand the struggles that RD is facing. If I were brought on as a consultant, I'd say that the reason it is so important to let customers know immediately when and why there is a production delay is that since that is such a painful thing to admit, when a business adopts that policy, they take extraordinary measures to avoid that painful situation.
Jiusheng-Doll 163F with "Evelyn" Head
SM Doll 160f Silicone with heads 11 (Alice), 60 (Sydney), X2 (Jasmine), X8 ?
Private Island Beauties TPE Island Girls Eden, Hope, Isabella, Mina & Ellowyn
SM Doll 149b #56 "Angélique"
SM Doll 156c Riley (X8)
SM Doll 168c Cherry (102)
Kristi (32)
SM Doll 168c Lisa (X8)
SM Doll 168c Keri (X10)
WMDoll 170D 356 (Vix)
XYDoll 163c in white TPE Misa (Victoria)
Don't let the doll overlords kill your buzz.

TJ_Foxx
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by TJ_Foxx »

Out_Of_Sync wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 9:53 pm I completely understand the struggles that RD is facing. If I were brought on as a consultant, I'd say that the reason it is so important to let customers know immediately when and why there is a production delay is that since that is such a painful thing to admit, when a business adopts that policy, they take extraordinary measures to avoid that painful situation.
What I see across the board is that Sam IS doing exactly that, he is probably having trouble keeping up with the the 2nd 3rd and 4th emails from people is a short period that pile up. I see this with our front line customer service in fleet , staring down hundreds of emails at a time having sort them get info on them and report back to the sender. So if someone has an additional delay we do not know how Sam is notified or has to track it down so he can relay that information.

While Abyss is a small business, it appears are hundreds of dolls in various stages production at any given time. None of us knows the system in place there to track production. What I do know, while not visiting there in person, is that I have seen the operation in Vegas via video tour with Mike Wilson on a live feed. It is quite impressive for such a small group to handle and delays not withstanding maintaining high quality standards, especially after moving from the long time home base in SanDiego during the pandemic. It is very easy for us to say "Well they should just do...XYZ this way" They have been in business a LONG time and will ride this out.
TJ_Foxx
Tasha Petite 3 Sky
Talia Petite 3 Dark Sky

Desmondhume92
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by Desmondhume92 »

TJ_Foxx wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 4:02 pm
TJ_Foxx wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 4:49 pm It sounds like everything is on track. I’d keep communicating with Sam, perhaps consider all the variables a little more carefully.

He will get with you as soon as he can. We know Sam is a dedicated guy with a lot on his plate.

Keep us posted.

As an aside I have a special eye lid order in with Abyss for my Tasha (P3 Sky) who has closing eyes.

It took a bit to get through but once Sam was able to get to me he has been very responsive & appreciative of my patience.
Thanks again for the assistance, Sam finally replied me yesterday but only admittedly after I sent an angry email. He told me he has been trying to reach me via phone to update since I created the order however he can't reach me. Not sure if it is an excuse but he could have just inform me via email and even if he called taking into account as an overseas customer the time zone difference is more than 12 hours here and I would have asleep by then.

I confimed with him my cellphone no. and convienent timing and currently waiting for his update.

Having past experience with my first doll order, I already expect my current order will be delayed as well and I won't mind about it but it would be great I received an update from their side of the delay instead of me as a customer actually chasing and seeking help via this forum as a last resort. After all,I was initially told that my order would have been shipped by July 23.

All understandable. Please know they have been hit with more shortages and challenges since you ordered, but that doesn't make it any less frustrating. I am glad you were able to get with Sam and are headed in the right direction. It is unfortunate we have others with no experience or connection to Abyss adding to the confusion and frustration . Feel free to send me a PM any time.
Thanks again, will let you know if I need any assistance. Yes frankly such issues should not be affecting us as customers and it is even worse that we are kept totally unaware of what is happening. A premium brand like Abyss that probably commands the highest price on the market for such dolls should not simply delagate from what I see all of their correspondences to just one guy that seems to be barely answering anyone's queries at all nowadays. No surprise I have been seeing a lot of negative feedbacks on their social media as well and they simply seems to just ignore it.

Needless to say they have lost much of my trust in their service and product delivery and in the brand itself.

Dollskill
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Dollskill »

I volunteer as tribute to work at Abyss for free for a bit. In exchange for a free RealDollX. :P

PersianKat

Post by PersianKat »

Dollskill wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 4:13 pm I volunteer as tribute to work at Abyss for free for a bit. In exchange for a free RealDollX. :P
Brick doll banger was a Abyss ambassador fore a while
I think he got dolls at a greatly reduced rate
I don’t think he’s doing it anymore
I wonder if the jobs open again ?

lexico

Post by lexico »

Desmondhume92 wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 12:01 pm Hi,

I brought a RD2 during the black friday sales by in late November last year. I was told by Samuel that the doll will be expected to enter production in this year May or June and be ready for shipment in July. Samuel also advised me to check-in with him now and then. However no update came in July which I expected since this is my second order and I sent Samuel and his team an email in late July on the progress. It has been more than a month and I have sent two consecutive emails to check however totally no response despite the automated prompt that it will reply within 3-5 business days and I am now kinda worried since I totally have no idea on how is my order.

Needless to say I am disappointed in the way Realdoll handles their customer on the order progress update and I have been reading a lot of negative comments from others on instagram. This is not a small sum that I paid fully for the doll and I even took out a bank loan for it. I hope my situation will serve as a warning to those looking to order and hopefully someone would be able to help me on this and raise it to Abyss. Thanks.
This lack of communication is what I've commented on recently regarding RealDoll, and it is my main concern with buying from this company again. I have not been able to get answers to my inquiries. I even joined their VIP forum thinking it would give me access to more back-and-forth, but it has not. It's disappointing to me, because I was almost automatically ready to go with RealDoll for my next doll!
One of the first owners of a Real Doll (1997).
Currently no doll, but here are my "finalists": FanReal, Real Lady, XYColo, Zelex SLE.
If you have information to share, send me a PM!

nahmot

Post by nahmot »

Keep us posted.

I'm in the same position as you . I ordered during black friday 2022 and have been 6 weeks waiting on a response to my emails for an update. I know its only one person working there but god its stressful handing over several thousand and no update. I've even been careful to word them that I know about the delays and am not angry about them , simply the lack of communication regarding it. I will update if i get a response

TJ_Foxx
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by TJ_Foxx »

PersianKat wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 1:30 am
Dollskill wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 4:13 pm I volunteer as tribute to work at Abyss for free for a bit. In exchange for a free RealDollX. :P
Brick doll banger was a Abyss ambassador fore a while
I think he got dolls at a greatly reduced rate
I don’t think he’s doing it anymore
I wonder if the jobs open again ?
IMG_6067.jpeg
IMG_6067.jpeg (47.73 KiB) Viewed 278 times
It took about 30 seconds for me to find that. Just sayin'.
TJ_Foxx
Tasha Petite 3 Sky
Talia Petite 3 Dark Sky

INFORMATIONS