Starpery.com

wooden ball jointed doll

Got an idea? Need an invention?
Deadman 9000

Re: wooden ball jointed doll

Post by Deadman 9000 »

i hope i get the thoracic downwards curve right and i will have to work out the lower back. i'm doing the front of the waist, by doing the front of the hip bone and then filing it into being smooth and curved and then i will put a good amount of filling later to have a well cushionned belly without having her looking fat. i think i will make pockets with cloth i have and filling it
i will have to cushion the LHP so i don't get injuries while I'm thrusting
Attachments
P1040008.JPG
P1040008.JPG (144.5 KiB) Viewed 947 times
P1040007.JPG
P1040007.JPG (136 KiB) Viewed 947 times
P1040006.JPG
P1040006.JPG (141 KiB) Viewed 947 times
P1040005.JPG
P1040005.JPG (142.5 KiB) Viewed 947 times
P1040004.JPG
P1040004.JPG (140.5 KiB) Viewed 947 times

Deadman 9000

Post by Deadman 9000 »

more progress, cut out both hips, now i will cut out the ass and rasping it into the desired shape
i did the stomach recently, made the organ layer with unwounding cotton balls and putting 2 layers of them on a cloth then sewing then in the pocket in made, then put polyester filling on top of it. the core is dense and the outer side is fluffy. i'm fillingthe void of the stomach the way i intended and i will sew the pouch into the base fabric that will go over the wood as protection and to prevent the stuffing for getting tangled or moved by the wood grain and it also allow me to stich the stuffing directly to the base layer to have even more ability to make shapes

also i put on the basic front hip shape that will glue and fill out and as usual, cut and file until it's like the torso.
the ass is an interesting challenge: the ass cheeks go down beyond the hips and have to be soft but a bit solid deep inside due to the bone that's supposed to be there
i think i will make a base layer and then make a ass shape above it with unfurled cotton balls (stiched to the base layer) and then filling it up and try to keep a shape.
making the ass crack will be a cool challenge

i also finished the first thigh: made an extension and sewn the top, then made a rectangular double sided pouch where the cooper tube fits in. i can take it out and put it back in. the top of the leg is like a funnel.
it has a very good shape for a filled thigh.
i plan to make the arms the same way but with removable sleeves due to the elbow joints and hands that would make difficult or impossible to removal and putting it all back on for washing. (Or repairs!!!!)

I also need to file out the shoulders, who will take time and the bottom part of the hips have to be filed a lot more to be smoother.
it's really coming together!
the breasts will be either crownpeaks or breast forms, either royaner or another brand that has 160cm tits but being extra soft and jiggly like crownpeaks
Attachments
it's a hole! a thigh hole! Oh god! just take a strip of cloth, sew it up on the side for 1 inches 2 times (double fold then stich) and wrap it up the tube then stich the layers to each other
it's a hole! a thigh hole! Oh god! just take a strip of cloth, sew it up on the side for 1 inches 2 times (double fold then stich) and wrap it up the tube then stich the layers to each other
P1040014.JPG (138.5 KiB) Viewed 891 times
thigh top almost closed, i could fill it with that hole
thigh top almost closed, i could fill it with that hole
P1040013.JPG (137.5 KiB) Viewed 891 times
P1040025.JPG
P1040025.JPG (136.5 KiB) Viewed 891 times
stiching work 3
stiching work 3
P1040028.JPG (143.5 KiB) Viewed 891 times
stiching work 2
stiching work 2
P1040027.JPG (141 KiB) Viewed 891 times
stiching work
stiching work
P1040026.JPG (142.5 KiB) Viewed 891 times
stomach pouch 2
stomach pouch 2
P1040024.JPG (142.5 KiB) Viewed 891 times
stomach pouch
stomach pouch
P1040023.JPG (141 KiB) Viewed 891 times
unfurled cotton balls. they are thicker than you think. they would make excellent fake muscles, 3 layers of unfurled cotton balls being sewn in a rectangular pocket, it's thick enough to work
unfurled cotton balls. they are thicker than you think. they would make excellent fake muscles, 3 layers of unfurled cotton balls being sewn in a rectangular pocket, it's thick enough to work
P1040011.JPG (146.5 KiB) Viewed 891 times

Deadman 9000

Post by Deadman 9000 »

here the tube sleeve or pencil sleeve you were small enough lol
but seriously don't do it, you're gonna get chafed!
Attachments
hips in question. pretty nice
hips in question. pretty nice
P1040022.JPG (138.5 KiB) Viewed 890 times
from the hole in the bottom. i tiched it to the bottom so it stays extended otherwise the cooper tube do not go all the way
from the hole in the bottom. i tiched it to the bottom so it stays extended otherwise the cooper tube do not go all the way
P1040016.JPG (146.5 KiB) Viewed 890 times
sleeve in question from the top
sleeve in question from the top
P1040015.JPG (140 KiB) Viewed 890 times

Deadman 9000

Post by Deadman 9000 »

some other pics
Attachments
back and ass curves!
back and ass curves!
P1040021.JPG (142 KiB) Viewed 890 times
more and more like a woman. once the base done, the stuffing and cloth will simply accentuate the curves. it's been really grueling work making her but that's why it's worth it
more and more like a woman. once the base done, the stuffing and cloth will simply accentuate the curves. it's been really grueling work making her but that's why it's worth it
P1040019.JPG (143 KiB) Viewed 890 times

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

Kind of looks like one of those old wooden frame dress forms.

Deadman 9000

Post by Deadman 9000 »

yeah, i thought about using one but it's not ideal, (the breasts are fixed for one) i have a mannequin and the way it's made make it uncomfortable to hug to carry around

Deadman 9000

Post by Deadman 9000 »

almost finished.
once i'm done with the wood, i will make a full body stocking to protect the fluff form the wood and protect then wood from stains (i will spray it with water proof stuff)
Attachments
full body, all that left is the shoulders, clavicles, neck, shoulder blades, ribs (3 cotton strips above each other) and sanding everything until it's super soft then laquering and then putting resin on it to seal the wood entirely. i will have to heat it with a blowtorch to destroy any fungus or stuff thats on the surface
full body, all that left is the shoulders, clavicles, neck, shoulder blades, ribs (3 cotton strips above each other) and sanding everything until it's super soft then laquering and then putting resin on it to seal the wood entirely. i will have to heat it with a blowtorch to destroy any fungus or stuff thats on the surface
P1040038.JPG (142.5 KiB) Viewed 817 times
front of hips shaped into a curve.
front of hips shaped into a curve.
P1040036.JPG (145.5 KiB) Viewed 817 times
primitive ass, this is where the stiches for the ass will be concentrated. i think i will glue soft wood to make a better ass. cotton balls strips and polyester foam will make the ass like happy dolls
primitive ass, this is where the stiches for the ass will be concentrated. i think i will glue soft wood to make a better ass. cotton balls strips and polyester foam will make the ass like happy dolls
P1040035.JPG (144 KiB) Viewed 817 times
A big chuch that broke off, it was a vein that broke inwards, i will MAYBE fill it up with a glued block of wood
A big chuch that broke off, it was a vein that broke inwards, i will MAYBE fill it up with a glued block of wood
P1040034.JPG (146 KiB) Viewed 817 times
Hips sideways! (I,m doing the same thing Happy doll did with their foam body: empty space for the thigh movement)
Hips sideways! (I,m doing the same thing Happy doll did with their foam body: empty space for the thigh movement)
P1040033.JPG (139.5 KiB) Viewed 817 times
P1040032.JPG
P1040032.JPG (142 KiB) Viewed 817 times
hips!
hips!
P1040031.JPG (145.5 KiB) Viewed 817 times
Torso board. i put metal corners there and screwed it in place, 2 on top, 2 in the bottom
Torso board. i put metal corners there and screwed it in place, 2 on top, 2 in the bottom
P1040030.JPG (138 KiB) Viewed 817 times
hourglass figure done!
hourglass figure done!
P1040029.JPG (148.5 KiB) Viewed 817 times

Deadman 9000

Post by Deadman 9000 »

I will not be able to post images, my wireless adapter thing died (i think, or it youtube killing my wifi connection since i have adblockers)rest assured i will finish my project, week end by week end

Prin
Doll
Doll

Post by Prin »

OMG! your project is amazing!

Ive been away a while, since before you started this thread... THANK YOU for commenting on mine that I may follow yours!

Your design drawings are on spot. And you take great documentary photos.

The breathing thing would be so easy to do! and low power drain.

We need to talk!

Your last post you have not made it to the knees yet... I humbly suggest considering two pivot points to divide the bend, preventing binding between the back of the thigh and calf.
double jointed.jpg
double jointed.jpg (48.27 KiB) Viewed 724 times
And I'm trying to find the link? to the dude who created a fully bendable spine out of wood... plates divided by ball joints, two servo driven outer cables for forward/back, and side/side, with springs between the plates for tension
I can move! Designing my robotic body
I can talk! Designing my robotic head

My Diary:
Art of me in CoverDoll Magazine

Deadman 9000

Post by Deadman 9000 »

Prin wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 10:27 pm OMG! your project is amazing!

Ive been away a while, since before you started this thread... THANK YOU for commenting on mine that I may follow yours!

Your design drawings are on spot. And you take great documentary photos.

The breathing thing would be so easy to do! and low power drain.

We need to talk!

Your last post you have not made it to the knees yet... I humbly suggest considering two pivot points to divide the bend, preventing binding between the back of the thigh and calf.
double jointed.jpg

And I'm trying to find the link? to the dude who created a fully bendable spine out of wood... plates divided by ball joints, two servo driven outer cables for forward/back, and side/side, with springs between the plates for tension
this guy? pretty cool but too complex and a lot of break points. I'm very impressed.
viewtopic.php?t=98981&start=90
You could have your parts made in wood for the molding process, if that helped, i did not know plastic processing was that expensive. have you thought of solid resin for car repairs and orgone pyramid thing? it's very durable, you just have tomake a silicon mold. the reason i stopped at the thighs is because the doll is as tall as my bed. 225cmtall in total is a lot so i removed 56cm of it. for mucles for the actual android doll, i would have nintinol muscle wire but the one i have is too stiff, i need the flexible one. the android will have removable arms so i can upgrade with time and the wood i have is dense enough no to break when there is pivot. it's a long way off because i will need to research everything and have to make my arm wearable computer to monitor my health to find what wrong with my heart as well as learning tto code

Deadman 9000

Post by Deadman 9000 »

i'm doing her panties where i will build her ass above it and then put another layer to seal the polyester inside. i have no idea how to make the love hole, the hole would have to be as big as the sakura dolls and happy dolls love holes size.
and i'm running out of polyfoam (will buy later next month). the breast stiches will be a fun challenge i'm excited to take.

Prin
Doll
Doll

Post by Prin »

I have said it before, I love this forum for the support, feedback and ideas from a like minded community with many that have experience and knowledge to share.

But always keep in mind, this is YOUR project. You are the visionary, artist and engineer doing something unique. And there is no telling how your ideas and work could influence or inspire others for future developments in the industry.

Keep up the good work! I love seeing the progress photos!

(what is tto code?)
Deadman 9000 wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:48 pm the breast stiches will be a fun challenge i'm excited to take.
James has sewn cloth in the past... curved shapes are definitely a fun challenge!

My Diary:

Prin
Doll
Doll

Post by Prin »

By the way, your elastic bands idea reinforced what James had thought about for regulating the movement in my abdomen plates.

The use of wheel castors for the shoulder joints was inspired! as we have been using the bearings from lazy susans, but the angle and not being hollow makes it difficult for my application.

We are still analyzing the use you demonstrated of ball joint and elastic bands.

AND, you reminded us of the possibility of using layers of lazer printed wood for sculpting component shapes!

My Diary:

Deadman 9000

Post by Deadman 9000 »

it's a pleasure, i cut out my idea of plates due being unable to make exact shape & the amount of work, thought making molds and using resin would be possible but costly. i will proably just do part by part for desired movements and assemble it together which will be fun. for example shoulder socket front/back movement on a vertical axis can be a plastic pvc pipe ring for starter, drill a hole, insert a rod and the connecting 360 arm part, could be a bearing, use the soft nintinol wire (i will have to buy many iterations to find the one i need, i think) to pull by contraction wghile something create the pushing motion. simple things like that. it's cheap, easy to use & replace and if it works, you can use metal.

Deadman 9000

Post by Deadman 9000 »

finished the ass today. i had a surpring reaction while sewing the ass flaps and stuffing it. it was peretty fun. it now clocks at 119cm more or less. i put the 2 thighs in front of the ass, PERFECT, thought they are really are huge, they are bigger than her ass! :O
(i did not expect that).
i will make a game plan how to attach the copper pipes to the hips and with what. then stich the ass and thigh together. and make the hole hole fabric hole.

all i'm really left with is making the shoulders, shoulder blades, the front of the torso where the collar bone is and making the sweet shoulder slope + making the neck who should be stiff but moveable, wheel castors are too easy to move, i figure something out, best bet is a ball joint assembled from a sheet with 4 screw holes and 1 hole in the middle + a ball joint with at least more than an inch of diameter. i could also buy a wooden ball amd put a peg in it and whatnot. the shoulders will be wheel castors well padded out and the elbows, i will find something, the joint i made isn't stiff or rigid enough.

INFORMATIONS