Starpery.com

Knee joints need tightening

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
Dark Knight
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Knee joints need tightening

Post by Dark Knight »

Two year old Zelex 170 needs both knees tightened. They have become loose to the point she can't stand. Anyone know how to do this? (This was probably my fault). Thanking you in advance for your cooperation.
Don't drive angry!

phillip57
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: Knee joints need tightening

Post by phillip57 »

Dark Knight wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:28 pm Two year old Zelex 170 needs both knees tightened. They have become loose to the point she can't stand. Anyone know how to do this? (This was probably my fault). Thanking you in advance for your cooperation.
A razor incision on either side of the knee would enable you to get a socket on either side to tighten the nut. however, the nut may have been spot welded in place to prevent it coming loose, which is a common practice, which has tightening be a problem.

Phil

Trailboss

Post by Trailboss »

I used an impact driver and a deep socket. Make sure the socket is very clean. That will break the tack weld and tighten or loosen which ever you need. Cheers Trailboss.
N 8.JPG
N 8.JPG (528.53 KiB) Viewed 1368 times

The Doll Advocate
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by The Doll Advocate »

Trailboss wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 9:07 am I used an impact driver and a deep socket. Make sure the socket is very clean. That will break the tack weld and tighten or loosen which ever you need. Cheers Trailboss.N 8.JPG
She's a cutie 🥰.
I've got that same DeWalt ,that guy isn't a slouch!
Do you remember what size nut it was ?

nicvncnt
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by nicvncnt »

After tightening you will need to fix the nut in place with some adhesive like metal epoxy, or the joint will work loose again in a matter of weeks.

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

Dimpling the thread & nut provides a mechanical lock, combined with Loctite or similar should give some longevity to the repair :)
Locknut.JPG
Locknut.JPG (18.43 KiB) Viewed 1305 times

Oscar DeBarataria
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Oscar DeBarataria »

A bit of advice - make your cut behind the knee rather than on the side.

You can get away with a smaller incision that way.

Also, aim for the inside of the joint because that's where the bolt is.

And you can get a better set on your Permatex or Sil-Poxy job by slightly bending the knee after you apply your adhesive following your tightening.
Amber's Zelex review thread: viewtopic.php?t=153776

Amber's Eye Candy thread: viewtopic.php?t=153865

The New Adventures of Amber! viewtopic.php?t=156353

chippyminton

Post by chippyminton »

The Doll Advocate wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 10:14 am
I've got that same DeWalt
Nice. But not as nice as my Hilti.

phillip57
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by phillip57 »

I used a nylock nut on my doll's hip joint, no messing with adhesives, it was very tight going on, I'm hoping it stays in place.

Phil

nicvncnt
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by nicvncnt »

phillip57 wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 11:11 pm I used a nylock nut on my doll's hip joint, no messing with adhesives, it was very tight going on, I'm hoping it stays in place.

Phil
That's what I used the first time I tightened Sam's hip joint and it worked loose within a few weeks, which is why I recommended metal epoxy to hold the nut in place. :wink:

RevJack
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by RevJack »

Nylocks will work perfectly as long as you never bend the joint again. But 4-5 good bends and nylocks give up.
A tap with a welder, loctite red, or a little JBWeld in the threads is needed.
Reverend Jacks Roamin' Cadillac Sex Doll Repair. Roamin' the land fixin' dollies and handing out salvation from the back of his Cadillac.

ALSO TRY Reverend Jack's Anointed Snake Oil, good for cleansing stains from the body and the Soul! Step right up folks, only $5 a bottle! We got plenty to go around! Cash only please.

Aibei 158 Blue Elf, AS 157, XES 128, OR 156G, WM 160C (r), Sanhui 168 (r), WM 157B, WM 138D (Faun), Mistress 168 (r), 6YE 100 (Bubbles)

phillip57
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by phillip57 »

RevJack wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 5:29 pm Nylocks will work perfectly as long as you never bend the joint again. But 4-5 good bends and nylocks give up.
Well hell....

RevJack
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by RevJack »

phillip57 wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:38 pm
RevJack wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 5:29 pm Nylocks will work perfectly as long as you never bend the joint again. But 4-5 good bends and nylocks give up.
Well hell....
Yeah tell me about it. I invested a lot of time replacing the knee and elbow hardware on a doll, used nylocks, and had to redo all 4 joints within 4 months.
I was pretty pissed.

Reverend Jack
Reverend Jacks Roamin' Cadillac Sex Doll Repair. Roamin' the land fixin' dollies and handing out salvation from the back of his Cadillac.

ALSO TRY Reverend Jack's Anointed Snake Oil, good for cleansing stains from the body and the Soul! Step right up folks, only $5 a bottle! We got plenty to go around! Cash only please.

Aibei 158 Blue Elf, AS 157, XES 128, OR 156G, WM 160C (r), Sanhui 168 (r), WM 157B, WM 138D (Faun), Mistress 168 (r), 6YE 100 (Bubbles)

TYSONCHICKEN
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by TYSONCHICKEN »

This is good info, as one of my girls knees has become loose.
"I am simply an artist doing what I love, to create Art for other people to enjoy. I make a living out of what I do and no more... if what I do becomes a Job, then I'll quit!"

Guy Louis-XVI

INFORMATIONS