https://www.climax-doll.com/collections/silicone-mini-sex-doll

New to the Forum and to 1/6 dolls

Devoted to erotic dolls under three feet high, mostly collectibles (e.g. Ball Joint Dolls)

Moderator: LoneRanger

Dirty-Deeds
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

New to the Forum and to 1/6 dolls

Post by Dirty-Deeds »

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forum and to 1/6 scale figures. I am into scale photography and videography. A friend told me about this forum and told me I should join. I'm looking to learn a bit more about what brands to buy, and which to avoid. Where to buy clothing and accessories. I want to learn about how to modify the figures to make them more realistic, and share my photos as I grow more into this hobby. My primary hobby is as an RC enthusiasts. This has become an extention of that hobby. I must say it has taken parts of my Radio Control hobby to another level. I would like to share a few photos, but I think I have to have a few post under my belt before I can do that. I will try to ad an image and see if the moderators will allow it.

Nym11
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: New to the Forum and to 1/6 dolls

Post by Nym11 »

Hi there! I’m new here too 😁
I’ve been looking at some of the pictures that people are posting and there’s some really great/creative stuff on here.
Hoping I can get myself started soon with my own photos.
Best of luck to you! ☘️

ShadowFun
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by ShadowFun »

Welcome to TDF and the Mini Forum Deeds!

Sorry I missed your post a few weeks ago, November was a strange month…

You sound like you’re busting with questions! The 1/6 world is wide and wonderful, there’s definitely a lot of different niches to get sucked into.

Feel free to PM me any particular questions you might have. I post my own mini stuff in three different threads… the ones with “Minx” in the titles. The links are in my signature line.

I suspect the friend who suggested our forum to you is my good buddy. He and I have been hanging out and driving our 1/6 RC Willys jeeps together for a bit now… as well as getting into all kinds of Mischief with our dolls in general.

Looking forward to seeing pics of your clan!

:glou:

Arisa_

Post by Arisa_ »

Tagging onto Dirty-Deeds post here … I’ve just started looking into the 1/6 world. There are some good posts in this sub-forum detailing the brands features but some are dated back to 2015. From what I’ve gathered, the two brands to go for is either Phicen/TBLeague (which I think they are the same company?) and LD Doll? I do like the seamless hands and feet of LD. Is this still the case in 2024 … are the features compared back in 2015/2021 still about the same or has there been signficant changes?
“Libby” Starpery 151cm with Lubby head
“Mariana” Zelex 170C (GE125) with “Zoey” (GE98) and “Ori” (GE16) extra heads (On the ship! … Wait: Day #67)
>>> Mariana, Zoey & Ori's Thread
“Jazzy” LoveNestle Jasmine Mini Torso

ShadowFun
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by ShadowFun »

Arisa_ wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 4:33 am Tagging onto Dirty-Deeds post here … I’ve just started looking into the 1/6 world. There are some good posts in this sub-forum detailing the brands features but some are dated back to 2015. From what I’ve gathered, the two brands to go for is either Phicen/TBLeague (which I think they are the same company?) and LD Doll? I do like the seamless hands and feet of LD. Is this still the case in 2024 … are the features compared back in 2015/2021 still about the same or has there been signficant changes?
Arisa, welcome to the Mini world!

Honestly, I know nothing about LD Doll, but my impression has always been that they are a “specialty” doll and not a place to start. TBLeague/Phicen are the same company. They continue to release new bodies and recently, released ALL of their female bodies in new skin tones… appropriate for “people of color”.

As with all these 1/6 dolls, matching heads for size and skin tone can be a challenge, unless they are in a boxed set. Some people like to start with a full Phicen set as their first doll. Giantoy is an excellent vendor and has an extensive selection and info on Phicen bodies.

I now have most of the female bodies Phicen has made, and can probably give you some personal comparisons. Some bodies I’m more familiar with than others. Phicen hasn’t changed the sculpting of their “older” bodies over the years, but they are notorious for slightly altering the skin tone shade from time to time. Unfortunately, I wouldn’t be able to show some of my bodies nude, they are permanently dressed.

Good luck and have FUN!

It’s a DEEP rabbit hole! 😜

Arisa_

Post by Arisa_ »

ShadowFun wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 5:26 am
Arisa_ wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 4:33 am Tagging onto Dirty-Deeds post here … I’ve just started looking into the 1/6 world. There are some good posts in this sub-forum detailing the brands features but some are dated back to 2015. From what I’ve gathered, the two brands to go for is either Phicen/TBLeague (which I think they are the same company?) and LD Doll? I do like the seamless hands and feet of LD. Is this still the case in 2024 … are the features compared back in 2015/2021 still about the same or has there been signficant changes?
Arisa, welcome to the Mini world!

Honestly, I know nothing about LD Doll, but my impression has always been that they are a “specialty” doll and not a place to start. TBLeague/Phicen are the same company. They continue to release new bodies and recently, released ALL of their female bodies in new skin tones… appropriate for “people of color”.

As with all these 1/6 dolls, matching heads for size and skin tone can be a challenge, unless they are in a boxed set. Some people like to start with a full Phicen set as their first doll. Giantoy is an excellent vendor and has an extensive selection and info on Phicen bodies.

I now have most of the female bodies Phicen has made, and can probably give you some personal comparisons. Some bodies I’m more familiar with than others. Phicen hasn’t changed the sculpting of their “older” bodies over the years, but they are notorious for slightly altering the skin tone shade from time to time. Unfortunately, I wouldn’t be able to show some of my bodies nude, they are permanently dressed.

Good luck and have FUN!

It’s a DEEP rabbit hole! 😜
Thanks ShadowFun. What do you mean by “specialty”? Would you any other reputable brands that don’t have detachable hands? And as for seamless feet of the Phicen, is it flat or slightly bend (for heels)?
“Mariana” Zelex 170C (GE125) with “Zoey” (GE98) and “Ori” (GE16) extra heads (On the ship! … Wait: Day #67)

ShadowFun
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by ShadowFun »

Arisa_ wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:08 am
Thanks ShadowFun. What do you mean by “specialty”? Would you any other reputable brands that don’t have detachable hands? And as for seamless feet of the Phicen, is it flat or slightly bend (for heels)?
The mechanics of small dolls differs a bit from big dolls because of their tiny size. Having seamless hands typically means they are extremely delicate. I’ve also viewed a lot of photos of LD Dolls and they ultimately don’t look a drastic amount more “real” IMO.

Adding “bracelets” to your Phicen dolls goes a long way towards mitigating the wrist joints. As far as feet go, I’ve written extensively about them on my Diary thread and have made multiple modifications. Here’s the link…

Tiny Minx Feet

The cost of a Phicen is significantly less that an LD Doll. What the best choice will be for you cannot be know until you begin.

I’d suggest getting one in your paws and see what happens! :whistle:

Arisa_

Post by Arisa_ »

ShadowFun wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:34 am

The cost of a Phicen is significantly less that an LD Doll. What the best choice will be for you cannot be know until you begin.
Yeah, the LD is quite a bit more. And point taken … best to try with a lower cost entry point. Thanks again ShadowFun

Arisa_

Post by Arisa_ »

Arisa_ wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:23 am
ShadowFun wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:34 am

Yeah, the LD is quite a bit more. And point taken … best to try with a lower cost entry point. Thanks again ShadowFun
Came across a cheap deal on Aliexpress for a TBLeague S23B body, so took the plunge. I understand it can be risky with Aliexpress but it does have the “Choice” condition which includes 90 days free return. Let’s see how it goes when I get it. Bad thing about these 1/6 dolls is its so easy to fall into the trap of getting another, then another, then … !!!

INFORMATIONS