Starpery.com

Rosemary Doll Cleaning Tool

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
jeep2639
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Re: Rosemary Doll Cleaning Tool

Post by jeep2639 »

Great review. Thank you! I’m sure you will cover this in Part 3, but I would be wondering if there are any leaks, or it is safe to use in bed.
Body: XTdoll 163F Silicone.
Emily (XTdoll XT-2 head): viewtopic.php?t=174486
Sophie (Zelex GE115 head): viewtopic.php?t=178207
Brandi (Zelex GE45-5 head): viewtopic.php?p=2511578

DocWen
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by DocWen »

Yeah, I thought the drying design worked great! I was very surprised by the amount and the temperature of the air. It took almost no time to dry out Etsuko's bits. For that alone, I thought it was almost worth the price.

The only downside of the unit, so far, has been the mistake of laying the cleaning nozzle down when I was checking to see if the doll felt clean inside (not slippery with organic juices, just wet from water) and the dirty tank leaked all over the shower floor. Now I know to put the nozzle in the convenient clip on the top of the device.

Easy peasy.
---
DocWen
Never give up! Never surrender! - Jason Nesmith
Proud companion of Etsuko (MLW 148b) and Anjelica (XT Doll 163F)
Previous companion of SE Doll 151e, WM 157b, Piper Doll Phoebe, Piper Doll Phoebe Elf, another WM 157b, Zelex 155c, Happy Doll Dagmar and a few others I don't recall.

DocWen
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by DocWen »

jeep2639 wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 5:27 pm Great review. Thank you! I’m sure you will cover this in Part 3, but I would be wondering if there are any leaks, or it is safe to use in bed.
It would be easy to get it messy in the bed the first time or couple of times you use it because of being unfamiliar with the device.

I feel comfortable enough with it now that I'd put like a Puppy Pad under her butt and use it without worry. There will be some water leaking when you switch from cleaner to dryer just because it'll still be wet inside. But it would be minimal and unavoidable no matter what cleaner you used. I would think.

I liked it. Easy to use.

I think I'd use the Coeros cleaner for "deep cleaning" every once in a while and use the Rosemary cleaner for frequent use. Both would be handy either way.

The Rosemary one has the leg up because of the nice dryer attachment. And being an all-in-one contained unit. The Coeros one has a better cleaning wand, I think, because it's depth is adjustable and it can be used to flush through many gallons of water if wanted. So... there's that.
---
DocWen
Previous companion of SE Doll 151e, WM 157b, Piper Doll Phoebe, Piper Doll Phoebe Elf, another WM 157b, Zelex 155c, Happy Doll Dagmar and a few others I don't recall.

DocWen
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by DocWen »

It should be noted, though, that the drying feature is LOUD. Like Hair Blow Dryer loud. So you'll not be using this in Stealth Mode.
---
DocWen

jeep2639
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by jeep2639 »

DocWen wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 5:39 pm It should be noted, though, that the drying feature is LOUD. Like Hair Blow Dryer loud. So you'll not be using this in Stealth Mode.
Having naked Emily on my bed with her legs spread pretty much kills “stealth mode” anyway…
I mean, if my wife was home and came in as I was cleaning Emily, I’m sure the first thing out of her mouth will NOT be “is the fan loud or what?” It will probably be, “who the f#$& is this blonde???”

DocWen
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by DocWen »

jeep2639 wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 5:42 pm
DocWen wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 5:39 pm It should be noted, though, that the drying feature is LOUD. Like Hair Blow Dryer loud. So you'll not be using this in Stealth Mode.
Having naked Emily on my bed with her legs spread pretty much kills “stealth mode” anyway…
I mean, if my wife was home and came in as I was cleaning Emily, I’m sure the first thing out of her mouth will NOT be “is the fan loud or what?” It will probably be, “who the f#$& is this blonde???”
LOL. There is that.

I was more putting that out there for others who might have children in the house and no hair to blow dry except the grand tufts growing on their back.... like me. Heh.
---
DocWen

Wheezer
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Wheezer »

DocWen wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 5:32 pm The only downside of the unit, so far, has been the mistake of laying the cleaning nozzle down when I was checking to see if the doll felt clean inside (not slippery with organic juices, just wet from water) and the dirty tank leaked all over the shower floor. Now I know to put the nozzle in the convenient clip on the top of the device.
Yes the first time testing with the wand was a surprise.
Completed a flow and wash test, set it down and ...WTF... water came out.
Then I read the manual and the warning (duh) and the plate on top (duh).

My personal cleaning method that I have used for years only takes about 8 oz. of water and has worked out well.
So to me using an entire liter seems like an ocean.

But we all make mistakes and shit does happen.
Thus no matter what anyone says, I always place a towel under the cleaning area -AND- where loose leaky liquid could move to. :)
Missed that last one once, never again. :)

As to why less is actually more when it comes to cleaning like this ... in the next part. :)

Cheers!
...W...
Any comments, ideas or suggestions are given FREELY for your use and information. Before using, first check to ensure they are compatible with your doll or specific situation. If any tool, chemical or technique is mentioned, make sure to follow all directions and safety instructions of the product. Some tools or items can be dangerous, so be careful. Use all appropriate safety gear, don’t run with scissors and don’t eat the yellow snow. Always keep your mind open.

jeep2639
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by jeep2639 »

First time I’ll try it on the floor, then…

DocWen
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by DocWen »

Wheezer wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 5:49 pm Yes the first time testing with the wand was a surprise.
Completed a flow and wash test, set it down and ...WTF... water came out.
Then I read the manual and the warning (duh) and the plate on top (duh).
Yup. That's why I tried to make it clear that it was USER error and not a malfunction of the unit. I did a me on that one and made a mess. I mean, it's not like they say it just about everywhere AND give you a place to clip the wand on the top of the unit to avoid the whole thing.

But who reads the manual before using something? Huh? Who?! (Definitely not this guy! :lol: )
---
DocWen

Wheezer
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Wheezer »

DocWen wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 5:59 pm But who reads the manual before using something? Huh? Who?! (Definitely not this guy! :lol: )
RTFM ... no ... just swing it and go.

Saw a YouTube last might that was a perfect example of "no manuals for me".
The "star" decided make a point and get and try all this stuff WITHOUT reading directions, from casting silicone, to resin and plaster.
The result was really funny. Actually most came out about 75% OK.

Going without a manual can be generally OK, as long as there is are no huge warning sign on the product.
Like OK, I might spill water, no big deal. But if was gasoline pouring all about .....
And you have done something similar in the past and have a general idea of how it might work.
Plus some basic common sense, like say don't take the toaster in the tub with you. :)

While this was mostly all in jest, I guess I should include my signature line again lest someone take this seriously and do something dangerous without first reading the manual:

Any comments, ideas or suggestions are given FREELY for your use and information. Before using, first check to ensure they are compatible with your doll or specific situation. If any tool, chemical or technique is mentioned, make sure to follow all directions and safety instructions of the product. Some tools or items can be dangerous, so be careful. Use all appropriate safety gear, don’t run with scissors and don’t eat the yellow snow. Always keep your mind open.

Cheers!
...W...

jeep2639
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by jeep2639 »

Wheezer wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 6:15 pm
DocWen wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 5:59 pm But who reads the manual before using something? Huh? Who?! (Definitely not this guy! :lol: )
RTFM ... no ... just swing it and go.

Saw a YouTube last might that was a perfect example of "no manuals for me".
The "star" decided make a point and get and try all this stuff WITHOUT reading directions, from casting silicone, to resin and plaster.
The result was really funny. Actually most came out about 75% OK.

Going without a manual can be generally OK, as long as there is are no huge warning sign on the product.
Like OK, I might spill water, no big deal. But if was gasoline pouring all about .....
And you have done something similar in the past and have a general idea of how it might work.
Plus some basic common sense, like say don't take the toaster in the tub with you. :)

While this was mostly all in jest, I guess I should include my signature line again lest someone take this seriously and do something dangerous without first reading the manual:

Cheers!
...W...
Wait, if you don’t take the toaster to the tub with you, how exactly are you expected to make toasts while taking a bath? This just doesn’t make sense…

Jtsangnj
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by Jtsangnj »

Thanks Wheezer for the in depth detail and review! I've been on the fence and have this in my cart for quite awhile...time to pull the trigger.

Wheezer
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Wheezer »

jeep2639 wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 6:31 pm Wait, if you don’t take the toaster to the tub with you, how exactly are you expected to make toasts while taking a bath? This just doesn’t make sense…
Well you CAN make toast while in the bath.
The only concern is that if you try to use a regular toaster while immersed in your bath water, the only toast made will be you as you fry.
The bread will probably remain unchanged, but perhaps a bit soggy..

So yes, you can make toast in the bath.
Only the resulting toast material will be you, not bread.

Cheers!
...W...

NOTE: The comments above were intended as a joke.
Please do not attempt to make toast while in the bath.

DocWen
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by DocWen »

Ain’t nobody wants soggy toast.
---
DocWen

Wheezer
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Wheezer »

DocWen wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 10:15 pm Ain’t nobody wants soggy toast.
Quite true, nobody likes soggy toast.
But we have some critters in the backyard and local ducks at a pond that somehow gag it down.
They save the rest of us from that indignity.

Cheers!
...W ...

INFORMATIONS