Starpery.com

Tpe doll split at waist

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
nox2doll

Re: Tpe doll split at waist

Post by nox2doll »

RevJack wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 6:05 pm
..snipped

Xylene is a super strong solvent and in it's pure form eats TPE like comic-book acid. Yeah, it's REAL harmful to TPE.
Well, it does melt the TPE material over time, otherwise it would not be possible to make a paste with it. The material itself does not get spoiled, so in that sense it is not harmful to the doll.

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

Xylene is a super strong solvent and in it's pure form eats TPE like comic-book acid.
The good Rev 'ain't kidding, it takes seconds in it's pure form but as a thick paste, magic happens
And no I'm not posting all the references to Xylene use, just to quote from RevJack is enough :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

nox2doll

Post by nox2doll »

seagull wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 6:58 pm Xylene is a super strong solvent and in it's pure form eats TPE like comic-book acid.
The good Rev 'ain't kidding, it takes seconds in it's pure form but as a thick paste, magic happens
And no I'm not posting all the references to Xylene use, just to quote from RevJack is enough :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:
Interesting.. my dolls must be harder then. I myself have never come across such a flash meltdown.

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

Yeah, you're correct in that some TPE blends are more resistant to solvents, others less so, spectacularly :)

nox2doll

Post by nox2doll »

seagull wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 11:43 pm Yeah, you're correct in that some TPE blends are more resistant to solvents, others less so, spectacularly :)
I have to test that with my oldest doll which is just a big box of material by now. Dolls that are less resistant to xylene might be more repairable with that too. Unfortunately, that won't help me as my dolls seems to be very resistant to that solvent. Still good to know.

RevJack
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by RevJack »

masquerade75 wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 2:27 pm I found my Wm torso with arms split at the waist.
Been storing it hunged at a corner of closet.
Split is rather clean, almost like a clean tear.
Not sure how to start glueing..
Hey, how about an update! You address this yet?
Reverend Jacks Roamin' Cadillac Sex Doll Repair. Roamin' the land fixin' dollies and handing out salvation from the back of his Cadillac.

ALSO TRY Reverend Jack's Anointed Snake Oil, good for cleansing stains from the body and the Soul! Step right up folks, only $5 a bottle! We got plenty to go around! Cash only please.

Aibei 158 Blue Elf, AS 157, XES 128, OR 156G, WM 160C (r), Sanhui 168 (r), WM 157B, WM 138D (Faun), Mistress 168 (r), 6YE 100 (Bubbles)

Wheezer
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Wheezer »

Good comments on the repair options ... but I note there was never a response from the OP.

Usually if it works and gets fixed, then there is a feedback post showing results.
However if the repair did not work or he just gave up, then just silence.

Hopefully he got it fixed and is so busy "playing" that there was no time to post. :)

Cheers!
... W ...
Any comments, ideas or suggestions are given FREELY for your use and information. Before using, first check to ensure they are compatible with your doll or specific situation. If any tool, chemical or technique is mentioned, make sure to follow all directions and safety instructions of the product. Some tools or items can be dangerous, so be careful. Use all appropriate safety gear, don’t run with scissors and don’t eat the yellow snow. Always keep your mind open.

masquerade75
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by masquerade75 »

Thank you all for the wonderful suggestions.
I have contemplated my options and decided to discard this repair as I have limited workspace and time to dive into it.

Thanks again!

Wheezer
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Wheezer »

Smart call on skipping the repair, the TPE failed for a reason.
You could have used heat or a melt tool to fuse the TPE back together, but then there would be cosmetic repairs required.
Plus the concern that if failed once, it could happen again.

Cheers!
... W ...
Any comments, ideas or suggestions are given FREELY for your use and information. Before using, first check to ensure they are compatible with your doll or specific situation. If any tool, chemical or technique is mentioned, make sure to follow all directions and safety instructions of the product. Some tools or items can be dangerous, so be careful. Use all appropriate safety gear, don’t run with scissors and don’t eat the yellow snow. Always keep your mind open.

nox2doll

Post by nox2doll »

I've tried to repair several dolls, and connecting the TPE back to its original strength is a problem that I haven't been able to solve with traditional methods yet.

So for the time being, I have left the support frame repairs for better dolls on hold until a good technical approach is found.

INFORMATIONS