Santa
www.realdoll.com
Rita & Angie - HawgCallr

Boy Toy Questions?

A space for the legacy dolls manufactured by as Phoenix Studios. These include the Boy Toy Series 1 & 2: Calendar Girls, Seasons and C series.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

RaDiv
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by RaDiv »

How will the fingers be? Hopefully no sharp metal that pierces through the silicone.
She told me to come but I was already there

dollylamma
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

other products

Post by dollylamma »

I was wondering, will boy toy make other products like abyss has?

such as torsos? I think that a torso like the lengere bust but includeing the lower half would be a great seller espesialy if it could be in the $2000- $3000 range and would help to shut up all the people complaining on price> :lol:

seriously matt you make a great looking doll. while yes there are alot of people that can afford your excelent work many more of us can't.

is this something you would consider?

codereed

Post by codereed »

Matt/ Boy Toy Guys ,

Love the new line of dolls. The bodies in particular look great. I have the money set aside for a doll, but had a few things I would like some more info on before I place an order.

1. The inserts. I normally like a tighter fit than usual. For example, I preffer the "Ultra Tight" Fleshlight over the others. My question is do you think you will eventually be producing different styles and variations on the inserts ala Fleshlight as you become more familiar with the technology and get feedback from your customers? If so, I think it will really add to the life and value of the doll as customers could just buy a different insert as the technology gets better instead of a new doll.

2. Demand. Have your orders exceeded your capacity to get dolls out in a reasonable time? I ask that fully aware it will be at least a few months at best to get my order, but I'm picky. I like the 3 available dolls, especially the Dec. one, but think the outfit is a waste since it can only be used at christmas. I'd hate to order it now so I can get it in a few months despite my reservations only to have you debut a doll that really floats my boat in June or July. On the other hand, I'd kick myself if I waited and when the doll I really like debuts you have a back order that makes the wait time exceed 6-7 months. I know its not an issue you can reasonably address with specifics at the moment, but your thoughts on it would be apprciated as I'm sure I'm not the only one thinking along those lines.

Thanks in advance for any reponse you get me on these questions. i'm also posting this e-mail on dollforum.com. Feel free to answer this in the forum on Boy Toy questions as I hope your answers will help other potential buyers too.

I joined to get some better info on what is currently available. The posters there seem to really hold you and a few others in very high regard in terms of professional business ethics and practices as well as technical capacity. They really help positively promote your business. Ever thought of exclusive discounts for their members? Just a thought.

ps. More pictures would always be appreciated. Cut-aways of the inserts especially.

BelShanar
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by BelShanar »

codereed wrote: ps. More pictures would always be appreciated. Cut-aways of the inserts especially.

OOooohhhhhh! Now there's a great idea. I too would love to see that!

GSS

Post by GSS »

BelShanar wrote:
codereed wrote: ps. More pictures would always be appreciated. Cut-aways of the inserts especially.

OOooohhhhhh! Now there's a great idea. I too would love to see that!
Hey B,

How much longer on the wait? In your words "one more day closer"
GSS<br /> <br />Mary's Doll album: <a href="http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/thumbnails.php?album=1522">http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/thumbnails.php?album=1522</a>

BelShanar
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by BelShanar »

Ummmm...... (looks at watch)..... Half a day closer?

I just got word from Joe at Phoenix Studios that my dolls skeleton is done, and that production is right around the corner. Though I couldn't decipher if that meant today or tomorrow (Friday or Saturday respectively) or some time next week, ie the 22nd.

So, though I don't have a firm date to be exact, I am much closer than I thought I was!

phoenixstudios
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Post by phoenixstudios »

Matt's been doing this so long he knows exactly what needs to be tested. He spent the last 2+ years developing and perfecting this doll :) I remember the first time I saw the final doll in person I almost shit myself. Another really cool aspect of the Boy Toy doll that hasn't been discussed that much is the movable eyelids. Reason I bring this up is that during the testing period you could tell if she had been "tested" recently by the way her eyes were adjusted.

-Joe
Phoenix Studios
Slim wrote:
Abisslover wrote:You say your product has been thoroughly tested......Im wondering how one gets employment as a BT tester?? I would be willing to volunteer said services :D
But what would you do if you had created such an awesome doll? :o Wouldn’t you test her… yourself? :razz: Today I will test Miss December, tomorrow Miss Januari and then Miss Februari and then Miss December again for my following test. :D And then all those coming misses for the next months I have to test too… :roll: Oh boy, I would be testing forever and ever! :P

But wouldn't it be interesting to know what kind of tests they perform on those dolls? 8) How many tests are there, what is exactly tested and is there a special test room for those dolls to perform those tests?

Regards,
Slim

phoenixstudios
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Post by phoenixstudios »

Got your email thanks!!

1. No plans for this right now but I guess it's possibility down the line. The inserts on the Boy Toy doll are made out of hot melt. This is different than the Real Doll entries. Matt's objective on the Boy Toy inserts was to get a natural tightness which I think he accomplished with the new hot melt inserts :)

2. You will receive your doll no later than 8 weeks. The sooner you order your doll the sooner you'll get it. Right now we are actually a bit ahead of schedule because Matt has been working like a madman to get the first few dolls shipped. So it may be sooner than 8 weeks if you order now but no promises. The good thing about being a Boy Toy doll owner is you'll be able to buy the additional Boy Toy faces if you'd like too and our existing Boy Toy doll owners will have first shot at the new faces.

Yes we love the DF :) and its hand down the best place on the net for information on love dolls.
codereed wrote:Matt/ Boy Toy Guys ,

Love the new line of dolls. The bodies in particular look great. I have the money set aside for a doll, but had a few things I would like some more info on before I place an order.

1. The inserts. I normally like a tighter fit than usual. For example, I preffer the "Ultra Tight" Fleshlight over the others. My question is do you think you will eventually be producing different styles and variations on the inserts ala Fleshlight as you become more familiar with the technology and get feedback from your customers? If so, I think it will really add to the life and value of the doll as customers could just buy a different insert as the technology gets better instead of a new doll.

2. Demand. Have your orders exceeded your capacity to get dolls out in a reasonable time? I ask that fully aware it will be at least a few months at best to get my order, but I'm picky. I like the 3 available dolls, especially the Dec. one, but think the outfit is a waste since it can only be used at christmas. I'd hate to order it now so I can get it in a few months despite my reservations only to have you debut a doll that really floats my boat in June or July. On the other hand, I'd kick myself if I waited and when the doll I really like debuts you have a back order that makes the wait time exceed 6-7 months. I know its not an issue you can reasonably address with specifics at the moment, but your thoughts on it would be apprciated as I'm sure I'm not the only one thinking along those lines.

Thanks in advance for any reponse you get me on these questions. i'm also posting this e-mail on dollforum.com. Feel free to answer this in the forum on Boy Toy questions as I hope your answers will help other potential buyers too.

I joined to get some better info on what is currently available. The posters there seem to really hold you and a few others in very high regard in terms of professional business ethics and practices as well as technical capacity. They really help positively promote your business. Ever thought of exclusive discounts for their members? Just a thought.

ps. More pictures would always be appreciated. Cut-aways of the inserts especially.

phoenixstudios
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Re: other products

Post by phoenixstudios »

I'm never going to say never, but I seriously doubt it anytime in the near future. Real Doll has a few great torsos. Boy Toy is a high end doll limited edition doll :)
dollylamma wrote:I was wondering, will boy toy make other products like abyss has?

such as torsos? I think that a torso like the lengere bust but includeing the lower half would be a great seller espesialy if it could be in the $2000- $3000 range and would help to shut up all the people complaining on price> :lol:

seriously matt you make a great looking doll. while yes there are alot of people that can afford your excelent work many more of us can't.

is this something you would consider?

phoenixstudios
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Post by phoenixstudios »

Hi :)

1. The BT skeleton is basically a smaller version of the RD skeleton. I'm not sure about the skeleton problems you are talking about but I'm sure if something could be improved Matt improved it.

2. Not currently in the plans as this is more of a fantasy doll.

3. I'm not sure it's whatever comes out of Matt's head but if you were to order a doll we can ask Matt if he'll do smaller breasts.

lovingchanj wrote:Phoenixstudios - I have 3 questions about the BoyToy dolls.

1 - Your initial press release says that Matt started with the EXISTING RD skeleton and made improvements in everything else (silicone, insert etc.) Were there any improvements made to the skeleton at all? If not, then why not when there have been several RD skeleton-related problems reported here on the forum?

2 - Will there ever be a BoyToy with realistic eyes, or will they all have the big, cartoon-like eyes?

3. Will there ever be a BoyToy with smaller breasts?

Just for the record, I think this is an incredibly beautiful doll, questions notwithstanding.

lovingchanj

phoenixstudios
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Post by phoenixstudios »

The new silicone is durable as ever :)
RaDiv wrote:How will the fingers be? Hopefully no sharp metal that pierces through the silicone.

Abisslover

Post by Abisslover »

How many of these dolls have been ordered so far??
We know of the one who is a member of TDF.......and it is a highly anticipated delivery.

Justsomeguy

Post by Justsomeguy »

Hi I'm new here but thought I'd post because I'm considering buying a Boy Toy doll sometime later this year. (once I've saved the $7500.00 that is) I have a few questions though.

1) will the doll have ears? none of the pics so far actually show ears and I was hoping to put glasses on the doll.

2) would it be possible to purchase multiple braces for the doll to hang from? I was hoping to have one inside a closet for long term storage and one outside a closet for display/posing. Like I said earlier this would be my first doll so I'm not sure if the braces are unique enough that I have to get them through BT or could I simply buy something from a local hardware store. Pics of the harness and how they attach to the back of the neck would be appreciated.

3) which carrier do you use to ship the dolls. I'd rather pick the doll up at a local UPS or Fed Ex shipping center as opposed to having it shipped directly to my door.

Thanks

Brittney

Post by Brittney »

Hi,
Are you considering making a dark skin or African American BoyToy doll? Thanks! :)

tabasko62
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by tabasko62 »

Justsomeguy wrote:Hi I'm new here but thought I'd post because I'm considering buying a Boy Toy doll sometime later this year. (once I've saved the $7500.00 that is) I have a few questions though.

1) will the doll have ears? none of the pics so far actually show ears and I was hoping to put glasses on the doll.

2) would it be possible to purchase multiple braces for the doll to hang from? I was hoping to have one inside a closet for long term storage and one outside a closet for display/posing. Like I said earlier this would be my first doll so I'm not sure if the braces are unique enough that I have to get them through BT or could I simply buy something from a local hardware store. Pics of the harness and how they attach to the back of the neck would be appreciated.

Thanks
Im sure they do have ears. And I recall that they have a heavy-duty loop at the back of the neck for storage. What you use to store will be up to you. I assume that, like the Realdoll, it comes hanging from a bracket in the shipping crate that can be removed..or you can use the create for storage. Other places in the forums you will see devices and ways to store Realdolls, and I am sure these will be great tips for storing a BoyToy as well. can see something of the loop in the pic:
http://www.boytoydolls.com/jan008.html

INFORMATIONS