betterlovedoll.com

Paid study about doll ownership (all welcome!)

Articles about Dolls and Owners in digital and printed media.
Also includes radio.
Sian_E
Student Account
Student Account

Paid study about doll ownership (all welcome!)

Post by Sian_E »

Hello everyone,

We are recruiting all doll owners for a new study looking at the psychological characteristics of doll owners and issues related to sexual attitudes and behaviours. This is an extension of previous work, which has since been published and demonstrated how doll owners are not at any increased risk of acting in sexually aggressive ways (and in many cases are less risky than non-owners!).

If you own at least one sex doll / love doll, please do consider taking part in our survey, which will take approximately 10-15 minutes. We are paying participants in this study. At the end of the survey you will be asked to provide an email address (which can be an anonymous address), which is stored securely and separately from your data. We only use this email address to send you your payment, which is an online shopping voucher code worth £5 (or the equivalent in your currency), and a £10 discount code for use on Coeros, who stock doll accessories (see https://www.coeros.com/ for details about what they can provide).

If you would like to take part, please visit the survey website at https://www.soscisurvey.de/doll-ownership/. If you have any questions, please do feel free to reply to this thread, send me a message via the forum, or email at craig.harper@ntu.ac.uk.

Thank you very much in advance of your assistance.

carbohvdrates

Re: Paid study about doll ownership (all welcome!)

Post by carbohvdrates »

Interesting stuff but this post says £10, but the website says £5, what's that about?
Workshop of Work in Progress:
Too many BJDs
Ava: WM-163C (Eva Elfie)
Violet: IT-175D + WM-266

Please don't reply to my posts with doomerism, pill, or incel talking points anymore. It makes the wigs tangle.

siliconevirgin

Post by siliconevirgin »

Lol, they want us to open up our heads for 5 pounds? That's like $6.50. No thanks, sorry.

Obi2Kanobi

Post by Obi2Kanobi »

siliconevirgin wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 9:35 am Lol, they want us to open up our heads for 5 pounds? That's like $6.50. No thanks, sorry.
Seriously, why even make an offer?

carbohvdrates

Post by carbohvdrates »

It's cheap for sure but I'd probably do it for free because it's a good cause, or at the very least I'm a chill enough dude that I know that any data I contribute couldn't really be used against doll owners as a demographic.

I imagine it's probably just meant to compensate for our time rather than being an incentive in itself.
Workshop of Work in Progress:
Too many BJDs
Ava: WM-163C (Eva Elfie)
Violet: IT-175D + WM-266

Please don't reply to my posts with doomerism, pill, or incel talking points anymore. It makes the wigs tangle.

mibdul

Post by mibdul »

Sian_E wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 9:21 am We are recruiting all doll owners for a new study looking at the psychological characteristics of doll owners and issues related to sexual attitudes and behaviours. This is an extension of previous work, which has since been published and demonstrated how doll owners are not at any increased risk of acting in sexually aggressive ways (and in many cases are less risky than non-owners!).
Submitted!
carbohvdrates wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 9:46 am It's cheap for sure but I'd probably do it for free because it's a good cause, or at the very least I'm a chill enough dude that I know that any data I contribute couldn't really be used against doll owners as a demographic.
Yeah, I'm with carb on it being a good cause. If the sorts of scenarios that the study questionnaire explores are truly representative of prevailing stereotypes about doll owners, then I urgently hope that this research might help to reform (or at least soften) those stereotypes. Am I confident that anyone would listen? No. :P But the attempt is worth it, I think.

ondsdoll
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by ondsdoll »

Study this.
Doll manufacturers need to make dolls with realistic Love Holes Placement because most of them fail in this regard.

Sergey
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Sergey »

Forget bread and circuses, they're so superficial. The government should subsidize sex dolls for people, especially men who cannot afford to have a consensual sex partner. This kind of questionnaire is making history. Every sexually frustrated man should take it. Let the government know that we're a force to reckon with.
The more you treat a sex doll as a real person, refer to her as a person (not an object), care for her, compliment her etc, the more you project the qualities of a person onto her, the more you feel as if she's a real person. And you can actually feel loved, since despite your shortcomings, she's still with you and not going anywhere.

That's why the doll-sexual people are happy with their dolls, often to the extent that they avoid the real people.

Atlas-Alderbund
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Atlas-Alderbund »

ondsdoll wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 12:50 pm Study this.
Doll manufacturers need to make dolls with realistic Love Holes Placement because most of them fail in this regard.
Go on.... What else?

Atlas-Alderbund
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Atlas-Alderbund »

Sergey wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 4:49 pm Forget bread and circuses, they're so superficial. The government should subsidize sex dolls for people, especially men who cannot afford to have a consensual sex partner. This kind of questionnaire is making history. Every sexually frustrated man should take it. Let the government know that we're a force to reckon with.
The survey seems to be more concerned with how doll owners are perceived to gen pop.

ondsdoll
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by ondsdoll »

Atlas-Alderbund wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 5:24 pm
ondsdoll wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 12:50 pm Study this.
Go on.... What else?
That's the most important thing, and manufacturers need to display picture of this area more, so that it can be assessed by us as a customer before purchasing.

Hartmudt

Post by Hartmudt »

I have just gone through the study. I was quite disappointed by some of the questions. Especially the many questions about women and their "role". I also found the questionable situations in which you are asked whether this arouses you to be completely out of place. I have the feeling that this study would rather show that all doll owners have a disturbed relationship to women, sexuality and interaction with other people in general.

If it's supposed to be about dolls and their "effect", where are the relevant questions?

- Do you feel better/happier since owning a doll?

- Have other areas of your life changed positively since owning a doll?

- have you become more relaxed/confident in your everyday dealings with women?

- do you feel less alone since you have a doll?

etc etc
Akeno & Rica - Eye candy! : viewtopic.php?p=2488189#p2488189
Emilie - Eye candy! : viewtopic.php?p=2528852#p2528852
Say hello to Lisa : viewtopic.php?p=2503927#p2503927

Reviews & unboxing:
An honest review - IROKEBIJIN 147cm - : viewtopic.php?t=172121

Voltage
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Voltage »

Hartmudt wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 6:12 pm I have just gone through the study. I was quite disappointed by some of the questions. Especially the many questions about women and their "role". I also found the questionable situations in which you are asked whether this arouses you to be completely out of place. I have the feeling that this study would rather show that all doll owners have a disturbed relationship to women, sexuality and interaction with other people in general.
Journalists have been making the rounds on reddit lately. Asking for interviews with doll owners and even replika users. I suspect foul play. There's always a narrative involved in these studies. I insinuated as such to a specific journalist a week ago. He proceeded to go on a multi-post rant filled to the brim with paragraphs how I'm the problem. Guess he didn't like being called out.

Jmacb9

Post by Jmacb9 »

I finished it! Are we supposed to receive an email to receive the incentive instantly? I haven’t received anything after waiting a good 10 minutes.
Hartmudt wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 6:12 pm I have just gone through the study. I was quite disappointed by some of the questions. Especially the many questions about women and their "role". I also found the questionable situations in which you are asked whether this arouses you to be completely out of place. I have the feeling that this study would rather show that all doll owners have a disturbed relationship to women, sexuality and interaction with other people in general.
I 1000% agree. I also felt like some of these questions were written under the incorrect assumption that all doll owners are both male and heterosexual. Many of those questions about the sexual nature of women were awkward for me to answer as a gay man. I imagine that the female members of TDF would have similar complaints.
💜 HAPPY BIRTHDAY, HARLEY! See his birthday party shenanigans on his thread 💜
Josh's thread
We're most active on Insta!

Clover7
Doll
Doll

Post by Clover7 »

I'm wondering if its actually a study to gain more of an overall psychological profession from groups who have a commonality, and can be done in turn to further the doll owning spectrum. I also don't like the carrot of dangling a voucher from Coeros.

INFORMATIONS