betterlovedoll.com

Missing menu

This forum is devoted SOLELY to questions and answers regarding how to use the forum and other features of the "The Doll Forum" website. Questions or help regarding dolls should be posted elsewhere. Bug reports can also all be found here. If you encounter a bug, this is where to address it.
Everhard
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Missing menu

Post by Everhard »

Where has the main menu gone?

The only way I can navigate the forum now, from my home page that I get sent to when I log in, is to click into any post from the recent topics list, then click the '...Forum Index -> ...' link (at top or bottom). That gets me to the index page.

Normally there is a collection of links at the top or down the left side (depending on what scheme you choose, I assume). It contains 'Forums', 'Doll album', and such like. It has vanished!

raysmod
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by raysmod »

Hi Everhard,

Mines okay. Someone else here will have a solution.
Traceter and me have bonded. It happened quite magically when I looked into her eyes about 8 0'clock this evening; 12th August 2020. She looked at me, and even seem to regard me. No longer did she look through me or past me. Just like in AI, Traceter has imprinted herself on me. And how I welcome, SO MUCH, this!

technoguy
Ex-Member

Post by technoguy »

Everhard...

Mine's okay too.

Maybe you have some "corrupted" data in your Temporary Internet File Folder that is causing the problem. You might consider deleting those files and see if that helps matters.

technoguy

Bill
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Post by Bill »

I lost the links on the top of the Traditional Theme but Ishtaria had to modify the Traditional Theme to have them. I have put links on my desktop to get around the issue. The Traditional Theme is for us old farts who need the monitor filled with the forum page and nothing on the side but only at the top. There is nothing at the top with this upgrade but PHP-NUKE.

I'll live.

Everhard
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by Everhard »

OK, thanks Bill. I get round it by going back to the entry page after I log in. The menu is then on the right...

mytime
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by mytime »

Hi All,

OK I understand there are problems with the Traditional theme still?
Everhard are you on the Traditional theme too?
I would like to know I will look into making it working again.

Mytime & Helen
One dream, one mission...

Everhard
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by Everhard »

I think I am on subsilver. This weekend the menu is back and I can also post again (after the 'invalid session' fault last weekend). Good work.

mytime
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by mytime »

Hi Everhard,

Great to hear everything works for you again as it should work.
Regarding your talk about the menu I think you were on Traditional. The subsilver theme is a phpBB theme, this one is not selectable in the Your account menu.
I'am still fixing the other themes, there are some themes that display the text "PHPNuke" in the title, I will copy the images out the original themes as Ishtaria modified them back to that ones.
Most users are on Helius theme but that is not usable for users with old computers or slow internet connections or both or cellphones/gsm phones and other small mobile devices with internet on it.
Those can use the modified Traditional theme or, maybe even better the ExtraLite theme

Mytime & Helen
One dream, one mission...

Everhard
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by Everhard »

mytime wrote:Regarding your talk about the menu I think you were on Traditional. The subsilver theme is a phpBB theme, this one is not selectable in the Your account menu.
No. Profile > Board Style shows Subsilver. It is the only one in the drop-down menu, so I am unable to change it.

Anyway, it is working OK now.

INFORMATIONS