Starpery.com

New doll foot ankle looks bent inwards... how do I fix this? [Pix Attached]

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
kbsnhk
Apprentice
Apprentice

New doll foot ankle looks bent inwards... how do I fix this? [Pix Attached]

Post by kbsnhk »

Hi all, have been on the forum for a while but first post here. Long story short, I received my very first doll and was really frustrated that there seems some issue with the ankle: it is bent inwards like some bad lateral ankle sprain. I suspect the skeleton ankle joint had been severely bent somehow. Is this something that can be fixed?
Attachments
foot_pix.jpg
foot_pix.jpg (31.86 KiB) Viewed 481 times

toddjy
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: New doll foot ankle looks bent... how do I fix this?

Post by toddjy »

Have to make five posts (any post, not new threads) before you can post an image.

kbsnhk
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: New doll foot ankle looks bent inwards... how do I fix this? [Pix Attached]

Post by kbsnhk »

Thank you for the reminder! I have uploaded the img now.

Wheezer
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Wheezer »

kbsnhk wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:24 pm Hi all, have been on the forum for a while but first post here. Long story short, I received my very first doll and was really frustrated that there seems some issue with the ankle: it is bent inwards like some bad lateral ankle sprain. I suspect the skeleton ankle joint had been severely bent somehow. Is this something that can be fixed?
The ankle should NOT look like that. :(

Before you start any repair, contact the seller and try to get some resolution.
A new doll should not have that and they need to address it.

After that, then on to repair.

Cheers!
... W ...
Any comments, ideas or suggestions are given FREELY for your use and information. Before using, first check to ensure they are compatible with your doll or specific situation. If any tool, chemical or technique is mentioned, make sure to follow all directions and safety instructions of the product. Some tools or items can be dangerous, so be careful. Use all appropriate safety gear, don’t run with scissors and don’t eat the yellow snow. Always keep your mind open.

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

At least nothing is poking through but for a first doll that's a heart breaker :(

kbsnhk
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by kbsnhk »

Wheezer wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:41 am
kbsnhk wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:24 pm Hi all, have been on the forum for a while but first post here. Long story short, I received my very first doll and was really frustrated that there seems some issue with the ankle: it is bent inwards like some bad lateral ankle sprain. I suspect the skeleton ankle joint had been severely bent somehow. Is this something that can be fixed?
The ankle should NOT look like that. :(

Before you start any repair, contact the seller and try to get some resolution.
A new doll should not have that and they need to address it.

After that, then on to repair.

Cheers!
... W ...
Thank you so much! I've reached out to the vendor and will report back once I hear back from them.

kbsnhk
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by kbsnhk »

seagull wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:00 am At least nothing is poking through but for a first doll that's a heart breaker :(
A heartbreaker yes... now I understand how fragile dolls can be...

Dollyman25442
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Dollyman25442 »

I suspect this occurred in shipping. Tell us, did your doll arrive like this or did this happen after delivery?
If she arrived like this it's shipping damage and you should be able to get a replacement. And if that's what did in fact happen, get tdf involved (assuming it was purchased new from a tdf approved vendor) as they should be able to help get the issue resolved.
If this happened after delivery, You're going to have a tricky repair to make that will likely involve surgery.

UpperLower

Post by UpperLower »

Take photos of the box your doll came in, damaged or not, and show the vendor you purchased this doll from. If it is damaged, that tells it was likely damaged during shipping. If the box is not damaged, it’s likely due to improper skeletal assembly from the factory.
JY 170cm C-Cup - Platinum TPE - solid breasts
6YE 158cm A-Cup - TPE - hollow breasts
6YE 150cm B-Cup - TPE -gel breasts
Amor 168cm E-Cup - TPE - gel breasts
Starpery 171cm D-Cup - Silicone - reduced weight -gel breasts - gel butt - ROS head Hedy & Rozanne https://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=171076
Irontech 167cm -Ultra Soft Silicone- automatic BJ - gel butt - ROS head S1 & S18 https://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=177801

kbsnhk
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by kbsnhk »

The doll arrived like this when I unboxed. The thing is that the box didn't have signs of impact and the foam/plastics around that specific ankle was not damaged either... I'd be shocked if the guys from the factory shipped the doll like this knowingly

Wheezer
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Wheezer »

kbsnhk wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:08 pm The doll arrived like this when I unboxed. The thing is that the box didn't have signs of impact and the foam/plastics around that specific ankle was not damaged either... I'd be shocked if the guys from the factory shipped the doll like this knowingly
Stranger things have been reported with new dolls. :)

It might have been that the foot was damaged during construction.
Then the foot was wrapped while the body was hanging, so no weight on it and it did not bend.
Off to boxing, shipping and to you.
Finally you get it, open it and see the flaw.

As it has been suggested, contact the seller plus TDF (if an approved vendor) and get something going to resolve it.

You have to put you foot down over this matter!

Cheers!
... W ...
Any comments, ideas or suggestions are given FREELY for your use and information. Before using, first check to ensure they are compatible with your doll or specific situation. If any tool, chemical or technique is mentioned, make sure to follow all directions and safety instructions of the product. Some tools or items can be dangerous, so be careful. Use all appropriate safety gear, don’t run with scissors and don’t eat the yellow snow. Always keep your mind open.

kbsnhk
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by kbsnhk »

Wheezer wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 1:20 am
kbsnhk wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:08 pm The doll arrived like this when I unboxed. The thing is that the box didn't have signs of impact and the foam/plastics around that specific ankle was not damaged either... I'd be shocked if the guys from the factory shipped the doll like this knowingly
Stranger things have been reported with new dolls. :)

It might have been that the foot was damaged during construction.
Then the foot was wrapped while the body was hanging, so no weight on it and it did not bend.
Off to boxing, shipping and to you.
Finally you get it, open it and see the flaw.

As it has been suggested, contact the seller plus TDF (if an approved vendor) and get something going to resolve it.

You have to put you foot down over this matter!

Cheers!
... W ...
Hi Wheezer, thank you so much! I have contacted the seller, who mentioned there is some local festive event going on (lunar new year I guess?) and I should expect some delay in their response... Would you recommend contacting TDF at this stage as well or waiting for the seller's potential solution?

UpperLower

Post by UpperLower »

kbsnhk wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 6:33 pm

Hi Wheezer, thank you so much! I have contacted the seller, who mentioned there is some local festive event going on (lunar new year I guess?) and I should expect some delay in their response... Would you recommend contacting TDF at this stage as well or waiting for the seller's potential solution?
I recommend contacting TDF just so they are “in the know.” Tell them that you’ve contacted the vendor and just waiting on a reply. Ask if TDF has any advice on how to proceed for a smoother resolve.
JY 170cm C-Cup - Platinum TPE - solid breasts
6YE 158cm A-Cup - TPE - hollow breasts
6YE 150cm B-Cup - TPE -gel breasts
Amor 168cm E-Cup - TPE - gel breasts
Starpery 171cm D-Cup - Silicone - reduced weight -gel breasts - gel butt - ROS head Hedy & Rozanne https://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=171076
Irontech 167cm -Ultra Soft Silicone- automatic BJ - gel butt - ROS head S1 & S18 https://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=177801

Wheezer
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Wheezer »

kbsnhk wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 6:33 pm Hi Wheezer, thank you so much! I have contacted the seller, who mentioned there is some local festive event going on (lunar new year I guess?) and I should expect some delay in their response... Would you recommend contacting TDF at this stage as well or waiting for the seller's potential solution?
There are steps to have TDF help you out, first I would suggest you look HERE (viewtopic.php?t=131238)
Then perhaps send a polite and concise message to TDF about your problem.
You can also do some searches on TDF for others who have been helped to resolve their problems.

Just a couple of suggestions:
1) Keep the detailed stuff between you, your vendor and TDF. Maybe brief updates posts, but not every detail. Venting may feel good but seldom helps.
2) Accept that your seller/vendor is in another time zone and culture. Thus holidays may delay replies, translations may not be exact and other oddities.
3) No matter what the web site says, most are small shops without a huge staff. They are running close to 100% now, so things may take longer. But you might be surprised.
4) Keep your expectations realistic. Due to the high cost of shipping and generally low margins, you may not be offered a replacement doll. You may be offered some funds, swag, parts, etc. as compensation.
5) Take pictures of the box, doll and capture/save any web pages, e-mail or other correspondence.
6) No matter what happens, keep calm and be nice.

Hope it helps.
Cheers!
... W ...

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

Did this doll come from a TDF approved vendor and/or manufacturer? TDF won't even get involved otherwise.

INFORMATIONS