Starpery.com

Zelex head mouth tear

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
MrDrum81

Zelex head mouth tear

Post by MrDrum81 »

Well after installing the teeth, after I had removed them, the corner of the mouth tear. Now I will try with some permatex and see how much it will help
Attachments
IMG_20240218_231524.jpg
IMG_20240218_231524.jpg (781.69 KiB) Viewed 325 times
Zelex SLE 172E - heads ZXE-201 & GE45 'Stephanie'
SMdoll 'Tiffany'
TAYU 148D+ Ivy 'Pamela'

ondsdoll
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: Zelex head mouth tear

Post by ondsdoll »

Hope it can be fixed. How long do you have her?

Wheezer
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Wheezer »

I have heard of and seen the soft silicone Zelex heads get that same small edge of mouth tear, so it is not unusual.
The current mold may not have taken into account that even when the mouth is full open, it may be opened wider to add/remove the teeth.
Hopefully it is a minor fix they can implement to reduce the chance of damage.

On mine when closed the small tear is invisible and has not enlarged, so I left it as is.
I personally did not do a permatex fix knowing that the repair area would frequently be in tension and thus there was a lower chance of a long term stable repair.

But it is your doll and your mileage may vary.

Cheers!
... W ...
Any comments, ideas or suggestions are given FREELY for your use and information. Before using, first check to ensure they are compatible with your doll or specific situation. If any tool, chemical or technique is mentioned, make sure to follow all directions and safety instructions of the product. Some tools or items can be dangerous, so be careful. Use all appropriate safety gear, don’t run with scissors and don’t eat the yellow snow. Always keep your mind open.

ondsdoll
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by ondsdoll »

The claims made regarding silicone dolls quality are downright misleading.

Wheezer
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Wheezer »

ondsdoll wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 9:14 pm The claims made regarding silicone dolls quality are downright misleading.
Well you do have to smile about it a bit.

There seemed to be a smugness from some silicone doll folks about their dolls being indestructible, while saying TPE was flimsy.
But also many complaints from silicone doll owners that they were too hard. Almost like fucking a rock.
So the manufactures started working on softer silicone dolls to improve interactions.
Now those softer silicone dolls bang fine (like TPE), but also tear easier (like TPE).

Be careful what you ask for. :)

Cheers!
...W...
Any comments, ideas or suggestions are given FREELY for your use and information. Before using, first check to ensure they are compatible with your doll or specific situation. If any tool, chemical or technique is mentioned, make sure to follow all directions and safety instructions of the product. Some tools or items can be dangerous, so be careful. Use all appropriate safety gear, don’t run with scissors and don’t eat the yellow snow. Always keep your mind open.

INFORMATIONS