Starpery.com

Repairing a Torn Nipple on My TPE Doll

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
PrensEndymion
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Repairing a Torn Nipple on My TPE Doll

Post by PrensEndymion »

Hello everyone,

I'm in a bit of a situation with my full-size TPE doll and would love to get some insights from you all. One of the nipples has suffered damage - it's torn and looks like it might come off completely. I'm looking to repair it, but I'm not sure about the best way to proceed.

I reached out to a store previously, and they recommended using TPE repair glue. Unfortunately, their shipping partners don't deliver to my country. They suggested an alternative product, 3M 94 Primer, known for being effective but it contains hazardous chemicals like xylene, ethyl benzene, and ethyl alcohol. They said using it requires extensive safety precautions, including proper ventilation, protective eyewear, a ventilation mask, and nitrile gloves, which sounds a bit cumbersome.

Given the potential risks and the hassle involved with the 3M 94 Primer, I'm wondering if there's a simpler, safer method for this kind of repair.

I've attached a photo to give you a clear idea of the issue.
doll_torn_nipple.jpg
doll_torn_nipple.jpg (1.92 MiB) Viewed 216 times

chippyminton

Re: Repairing a Torn Nipple on My TPE Doll

Post by chippyminton »

You're worrying too much. Just my opinion obviously - but an opinion shared by many, and based on the following hard evidence;

Xylene stinks, but is used as a solvent in a vast number of paints, lacquers and varnishes. I'm a professional carpenter and I've been using Xylene-based glues and finishing products on an almost daily basis for over 40 years. It's also the solvent used in Chartpak markers, used by countless graphic artists, as well as by numerous doll enthusiasts (me included) to colour nipples, areolae and vagina lips. Visit any reputable toxicology or medical website, and they'll all tell you that there is insufficient evidence of it being a carcinogen. Obviously there's a 'causes cancer' label in California, but that's a state where everything causes cancer apart from bottled drinking water. And that carries a warning against drowning instead.

The principal use of Ethylbenzene is as an anti-knock agent in gasoline and to increase its octane rating, so you're probably already breathing it in daily, especially if you live anywhere near a city or a freeway. You'll also find it synthetic rubber, paints and inks. It has a low LD50 level of toxicity, and the EPA don't define it as a carcinogen. And finally;

Ethyl Alcohol (Ethanol) is what makes booze so much fun. Unless you're teetotal, you've already drunk gallons of it.

The warnings involving the wearing of a full biohazard suit are only realistic if you're dealing with industrial-scale quantities of these solvents, rather than just a single nipple's worth. Just take ventilation seriously (open windows and doors, maybe run a desk fan if you have one) and you'll be 100% fine. Always bear in mind that these dire warnings are usually placed to avoid liability litigation - not because you're going to drop dead the second you open the bottle. There are several incredibly knowledgeable repair experts on this forum - 3M 94 is the go-to repair route for most (if not all) of them.

I hope that sets your mind at rest.

Arthur1960
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Arthur1960 »

Hiya, 3M Primer 94 is the way to go for a nipple repair like that. Coincidentally I did one just the other day where I had accidentally practically torn off one of my gals nips. When doing extensive work with the Primer it is advisable to wear a suitable toxic rated mask (also made by 3m) but then it's the same advice for pure Xylene (which will melt your gals nipple right off!). What I do is get some 3m Primer 94 in small 10ml bottles then put some in what is basically a nail varnish bottle (obviously new without anything in it) that has a little brush in the lid. So with a repair like that I ensure the tpe is completely clean (a wipe with an isopropyl alcohol swab helps) then coat the surfaces to be joined with the primer using the little brush. Gently push the surfaces together, dab up any liquid that squirts out (immediately) with some tissue then hold the nipple in place by using something like crepe bandage wrapped around her chest so that it gently holds the nipple in place. Then leave well alone for several hours and then, if you did it right, you should have a perfect repair. Because I've used the Primer so much over the years I can do these repairs really quickly so for a small job like that I just ensure there's good ventilation and make sure I don't inhale the vapour that's given off but if in doubt then get a mask as they can be found for around £18 and you would still need one for doing any heat related tpe repairs. Hope that helps, oh you don't need much of the primer for such a small repair, just a tiny dab on the surface to be bonded. Good luck.

PrensEndymion
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by PrensEndymion »

chippyminton wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:26 am You're worrying too much. Just my opinion obviously - but an opinion shared by many, and based on the following hard evidence;

Xylene stinks, but is used as a solvent in a vast number of paints, lacquers and varnishes. I'm a professional carpenter and I've been using Xylene-based glues and finishing products on an almost daily basis for over 40 years. It's also the solvent used in Chartpak markers, used by countless graphic artists, as well as by numerous doll enthusiasts (me included) to colour nipples, areolae and vagina lips. Visit any reputable toxicology or medical website, and they'll all tell you that there is insufficient evidence of it being a carcinogen. Obviously there's a 'causes cancer' label in California, but that's a state where everything causes cancer apart from bottled drinking water. And that carries a warning against drowning instead.

The principal use of Ethylbenzene is as an anti-knock agent in gasoline and to increase its octane rating, so you're probably already breathing it in daily, especially if you live anywhere near a city or a freeway. You'll also find it synthetic rubber, paints and inks. It has a low LD50 level of toxicity, and the EPA don't define it as a carcinogen. And finally;

Ethyl Alcohol (Ethanol) is what makes booze so much fun. Unless you're teetotal, you've already drunk gallons of it.

The warnings involving the wearing of a full biohazard suit are only realistic if you're dealing with industrial-scale quantities of these solvents, rather than just a single nipple's worth. Just take ventilation seriously (open windows and doors, maybe run a desk fan if you have one) and you'll be 100% fine. Always bear in mind that these dire warnings are usually placed to avoid liability litigation - not because you're going to drop dead the second you open the bottle. There are several incredibly knowledgeable repair experts on this forum - 3M 94 is the go-to repair route for most (if not all) of them.

I hope that sets your mind at rest.
Thank you for your detailed explanation. Your insights have greatly reduced my worries and doubts about using the 3M 94 Primer. I'm feeling much more confident about proceeding with this solution now.

PrensEndymion
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by PrensEndymion »

Arthur1960 wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:31 am Hiya, 3M Primer 94 is the way to go for a nipple repair like that. Coincidentally I did one just the other day where I had accidentally practically torn off one of my gals nips. When doing extensive work with the Primer it is advisable to wear a suitable toxic rated mask (also made by 3m) but then it's the same advice for pure Xylene (which will melt your gals nipple right off!). What I do is get some 3m Primer 94 in small 10ml bottles then put some in what is basically a nail varnish bottle (obviously new without anything in it) that has a little brush in the lid. So with a repair like that I ensure the tpe is completely clean (a wipe with an isopropyl alcohol swab helps) then coat the surfaces to be joined with the primer using the little brush. Gently push the surfaces together, dab up any liquid that squirts out (immediately) with some tissue then hold the nipple in place by using something like crepe bandage wrapped around her chest so that it gently holds the nipple in place. Then leave well alone for several hours and then, if you did it right, you should have a perfect repair. Because I've used the Primer so much over the years I can do these repairs really quickly so for a small job like that I just ensure there's good ventilation and make sure I don't inhale the vapour that's given off but if in doubt then get a mask as they can be found for around £18 and you would still need one for doing any heat related tpe repairs. Hope that helps, oh you don't need much of the primer for such a small repair, just a tiny dab on the surface to be bonded. Good luck.
Thank you for sharing your experience and tips. The idea to use a nail varnish bottle for application seems practical. I'll keep in mind your notes about safety and ventilation. I'll also consider getting a mask for this work and future projects.

em55

Post by em55 »

PrensEndymion wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:49 am Thank you for your detailed explanation. Your insights have greatly reduced my worries and doubts about using the 3M 94 Primer. I'm feeling much more confident about proceeding with this solution now.
I never met a girl who didn't appreciate someone being willing to deal with a bit of low level danger to help her out. Good luck with your repair!

MinniMagg

Post by MinniMagg »

I was 1200 miles from home on vacation with my doll when I had a nipple tear like that. I did not need solvent to fix it, I used an old wooden handled knife from the kitchen, and heated it up using a butane lighter. A propane torch would have been easier, but we didn't have one.

First I cleaned the area with isopropyl alcohol. Then I literally coated her breast area and especially the torn pieces of the nipple with baby oil. I use lots of it on a cotton swab to get it into the torn area.

Then I went into the kitchen and cleaned the knife thoroughly. I gave it a good coating of mineral oil and he did it up until it started to smoke. Then using a thick and disposable rag I quickly wiped off all the residue. One more cleaning with isopropyl alcohol, and then another wipe with mineral oil.

The reason to put mineral oil on a knife again is that when it starts to smoke, and potentially turns black, you know the knife is at the right temperature to melt the tpe. I had a old clean rag standing by that I had saturated with mineral oil.

Once the knife was smoking I quickly wiped the knife on the mineral oil soaked Rag and then stuck the knife blade into the torn nipple area. I held it for 2 to 3 seconds and then slowly pulled the knife blade out. That process melted the tpe on both sides of the torn nipple back together.

It's been over a year, I pay attention to the nipples and the repair is still holding up. You don't need exotic solvents, when you can use Heat!

The biggest thing to keep in consideration is to wipe any soot or Material off of the knife, off of a white rag with some mineral oil on it, before putting it into the torn area to melt the services back together. You don't want contaminants into the tpe

Fallman68

Post by Fallman68 »

Adjustable temp soldering iron works really well on this type repair also using round/flat tip.

INFORMATIONS