betterlovedoll.com

new account, once logged in, all forums blank, HELP HERE !

This forum is devoted SOLELY to questions and answers regarding how to use the forum and other features of the "The Doll Forum" website. Questions or help regarding dolls should be posted elsewhere. Bug reports can also all be found here. If you encounter a bug, this is where to address it.
B3F11dolly
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

new account, once logged in, all forums blank, HELP HERE !

Post by B3F11dolly »

We just had a new member in the chatroom asking for help, because once logged in, all forum sections are blank, whereas they load just fine when not logged in. There was another member yesterday. Not sure how many people have this problem...

I think I now found the problem, so s-man, if you're still trying, try again, should work now. Others also having this weird problem : Even if you can't see the forums, log in and enter the chatroom, that will work. Everybody having "admin" status on the forum will be able to help you. For example, in chat you can ask Vanessa and AlexKnight (or his dolly JennaKnight), or you can send a pm to Bill.

If the admin asked doesn't know, tell him to see Alex' and my post on management forum ...

s-man
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

All forums blank,help here!

Post by s-man »

Hi thanks Vanessa, looked in forum Help while logged off, It turns out that for some reason when logged in the Cookies get blocked by mid level privacy settings that go through fine logged off, I turned the filter (under Internet Explorer-Tools-Internet Options-Privacy, slid bar down one level (still not all the way down to wide open all cookies) and all is good! Hope others with this prob can read this and fix too. Look forward to hanging out on here! Thanks Again for help! :D

Campdaan
Ex-Member

Post by Campdaan »

i was on chat and saw what happened. Welcome and Welcome back.

s-man
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by s-man »

Thanks Good to be here!

B3F11dolly
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Re: All forums blank,help here!

Post by B3F11dolly »

s-man wrote: It turns out that for some reason when logged in the Cookies get blocked by mid level privacy settings that go through fine logged off, I turned the filter (under Internet Explorer-Tools-Internet Options-Privacy, slid bar down one level (still not all the way down to wide open all cookies) and all is good!
Nothing to do with cookies and security setting... I first thought about something like that too, but just after you left the chat, I had an idea that almost sounded too stupid to even check : I logged in on admin panel to see if you're maybe banned. :roll:
And to my surprise on phpbb admin panel, within user management for s-man, it said "user is active : (x)no" in your admin-only fields. 8O That means that you started your life round here "largely banned", like when being on a "time-out penalty". I changed your account to "actice : (x)yes" and hey, here you are ! :D

Now question is why oh why ? :? I checked the others having joined before and after you, and as it's not all newbies being largely banned, I'd say there's no hack in user registration (would be a pretty stupid hack anyway), but maybe you just forgot to answer to the account activation email ? :roll:

B3F11dolly
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by B3F11dolly »

Maybe there's more behind it, not sure yet...

There was another member yesterday, and he was sure that he clicked on that activation link in the confirmation email. :? I ran a database search for the last 100 newbies around, and I found 6 more accounts not being active. :? 8O

If you have this weird problem, you can see me in the chatroom and I will activate the account for you. If I'm offline, you can also send me a private message. Sending a pm should actually work, even if the forums don't. (just not sure if you can find the link, but pms are activated separately) :?

:? :roll: :?

mytime
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by mytime »

Hi Vanessa,

I've done a lot of mainenance on the forum.
I'am now 100% ready.
Maybe it goes better now.

Mytime & Helen
One dream, one mission...

mytimetest

Post by mytimetest »

Hi All,

This is a test.
It seem to me that it works... wondering how it goes.

Mytime

B3F11dolly
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by B3F11dolly »

We just had another member in chat having this problem. :roll: Anyhow his account isn't a recent one, so I think it's no recent problem, but I thought I bump this thread in case there are more people having this problem.

symptoms :
after you log in, all forums are blank, without being logged in, all is fine

problem :
your account isn't activated (despite you having clicked the activation link)

how to cure :
tell a forum admin (easiest in the chatroom) to activate your account
could be AlexKnight, Mytime, Vanessa, Bill, ...

you can also tell JennaKnight, MelissaBounce, Angelina, Katelin, Helen
(all dolls of the admins above) :wink:

ignitorus

New stuff

Post by ignitorus »

Hi,
I'm completely new to this thing but I've been doing some research and looking things up. I tried to e-mail the Vanessa guy from Germany, but for some reason it didn't go. I ordered my realdoll about 8 or 9 weeks ago.
I'm really excited, but I'm really young too. I live with two other guys and a girl. We're in Hawaii and in a house each with our own bedroom except the couple. I'm not sure how to tell them I'm gettin a realdoll. I don't really want to go through with the effort of tryin to hide anything because it would go against what I tell most people. I'm a supervisory type person with urges to do the work myself instead of watch; oh man, I hate to watch people work through something I could do better, but I'm glad they are learning.
Anyway, I ordered a body 7 hair7, haven't gotten a name yet, but am workin on it. I love to read so it should be easy. Only problem I have is that I'm shorter than normal, I'm in good shape about 5 foot 3 and 135lbs. I've had some nursing training and think I can handle the realdoll. Of course I'm just completely random so I might just be rambling, but I'm still excited and am just biding time now.
Oh, and I really don't know how to work all this talking, comment, chat stuff either.
Um Please send tell type thing for more info for me please.
Sincerely,
James

INFORMATIONS