realsexdoll.com

New doll owner struggles

A place for new members to post their introduction.

Moderator: Kite

baphometric

Re: New doll owner struggles

Post by baphometric »

Welcome to the forum! Elsababe is an amazing brand, my own 160cm is ordered and I can't wait to get her.

I actually had something really similar happen to my Normondoll. Somehow her arm got twisted during posing in a way that restricted the motion. I can't exactly explain how I fixed it, but basically I moved the arm to the extent of the range of motion and was able to twist it back into a good state. Keep trying, you can and will be able to fix this!

I would recommend getting photos of the EB skeleton for reference and try to intuit what's going wrong. Should also help you avoid forcing it into a position that would break the joint. I would also reach out to them directly for help if you haven't already.

Your joint that normally goes up and down must be twisted in a way that no longer allows this, so try to figure out what that is, and twist it back the other way around.

a789987a
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by a789987a »

Socratus wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:52 pm
a789987a wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:37 pm I thought I attempted that as far as it would go. I included photos so that someone could correct me if they meant something else. Because it will only go "up" by shrugging, not moving the actual shoulder, when I pull it towards the camera, straight out is as far as it will go.

I'm new here but I also don't see any way to change username besides starting a fresh account.
Found it. Look here. It shows various ways to move the arm and what's going on in the skeleton. It might help.
viewtopic.php?t=154820
That is super informative, and is likely what I was being suggested earlier (but didn't understand quite right). Since it shrugs but does not abduct, the hope is that I'm in step 3, and if I reverse steps 2 and 1 maybe I can free it. Step 3 feels like something you could easily end up in by accident without realizing it, so I'm hopeful that this is it. I feel like I've tried pulling the arm straight forward and then tucking it down, but I will give it another shot later. (My delts are already on fire from everything I've been trying.)

a789987a
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by a789987a »

baphometric wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:57 pm I would also reach out to them directly for help if you haven't already.
I was working with the vendor first, who didn't give specifics. I'm going to follow the post Socratus linked and see if I can figure it out that way before reaching out directly to Elsa Babe.

a789987a
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by a789987a »

No dice so far. If the skeleton is as shown, pushing the stuck arm forward appears to be engaging joint D, not joint B. I'm unable to push the arm down from that position.

In fact, when the other arm is at her side, it doesn't appear to do a flexion at all either. That is to say, I cannot point it out in front of her without first pulling it to the side. I do have her lying down right now, so maybe I don't have the best grip, or maybe that specific joint is super tight on both sides. (Or still the possibility that one or both are actually locked up. If it was that tight, I don't know how I'd have gotten it into a problem position in the first place, and it happened while she was lying down so I figure I should be able to undo it in that position if it's undoable.)

a789987a
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by a789987a »

Going to make a point of getting some video of the current ROM tomorrow (and see if maybe I get lucky and figure it out) before I go on a long weekend. Thanks everyone for all the advice so far.

a789987a
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by a789987a »

I've got enough to do before leaving that I'm probably not going to get to this today, so it will have to stay on my desk until I get back. I'll probably put the next post in the actual repair forum, as this was planned to be more of an introduction than anything else :)

Referencing the diagram in the other thread, it still appears like the good arm is moving joints A and D and the bad arm is moving joints C and D. As far as I can tell, joint B either doesn't move or doesn't exist in either arm; I cannot bring the good arm forward without bringing it out to the side first..

All I did before the arm locked up was take it out of the box (with arms at the side) and then abduct the arm (move joint A up).

INFORMATIONS