realsexdoll.com

Questions about first doll purchase

A place for new members to post their introduction.

Moderator: Kite

Splittie
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Questions about first doll purchase

Post by Splittie »

As I research my first purchase, I've come to realize that I have much to learn!

The amount of useful information and knowledgeable doll owner here is impressive. I'm learning about the sheer variety of options available, quality levels, and so, so many terms and concepts that I never would have ever thought I'd be typing into a search box. Femidom, open weft wigs, TPE, flowable silicone windshield sealer, doll nails....

1. Standing Feet: bolts or no bolts? I understand the need for bolts, but really don't understand how standing feet without bolts work without damaging the silicone. Is the silicone hardened on the soles? I'd guess that protruding bolts would help with not only protecting the silicone, but keep the feet cleaner as well. Why would one go with standing feet/no bolts?

Can the bolts be adjusted for the depth of protrusion to keep the doll higher off of the ground?

2. Factory and Owner Photos: Like most newbies I suppose, I'd absolutely be crushed to find that a delivered doll that I paid $$$$ for didn't match the marketing photos and instead looked mannish, brutish, and downright nothing like I thought I'd be getting. How common is this these days? Are there manufacturers better in regards to WYSIWYG? It's so difficult to find unedited photos of dolls as received in one location.

3. Implanted Pubic Hair: Is it true that this won't last long since hair is quickly lost on softer bodies through doll use and cleaning?

4. Soft Silicone Butts and Breasts and Distortion: I'm starting to see the benefit of companionship with a doll and how cuddle time in bed could be just as pleasing as sex. I was looking to order a doll with a soft silicone butt, breasts, belly, and thighs, but have seen photos of how the material can flatten and deform if the doll is kept laying on its back for too long.

How long is too long? Overnight? A week?

Does the doll need to be hoisted out of bed each morning and hung up to avoid this?

Are there ways to counter/mitigate this flattening from occurring when the doll is laying down?

Likewise, how much of an issue is it for the sagging of larger breasts (say H or K cups) when the doll is standing or hanging? Is it best to keep a bra on the doll during these times?

Kovana
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Re: Questions about first doll purchase

Post by Kovana »

Hi, sorry but i can't help you much and still just a future doll owner also. I was really worried about the #2 you mentioned also but when i got the factory photos (off the real thing) vs. promo images i'm pretty happy. Yea i'ts true professional photography, lighting, clothing and accessories and little bit of editing like airbrush makes wonders.

Oh and i hear breast support is recommended for them big tiddies.
Attachments
comp.jpg
comp.jpg (86 KiB) Viewed 363 times
"Pysy kovana" = stay strong / stay hard

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

First, don't confuse TPE and silicone. They are two entirely different materials, maintained and repaired in very different ways.

As for standing feet, the idea behind the protruding bolts is so that they alone bear the weight of the doll when standing. They do have limited adjustment, but not enough to make the doll higher off the ground. Just enough so that the head of he bolt extends slightly below the sole of the foot.

If I understand correctly, boltless standing feet are for temporarily standing the doll and not for standing long term.

Factory photos are taken under ideal conditions by experienced photographers, as are some of the owner photos you see here. It is unlikely the doll you receive will look exactly the same. The doll you do receive however, will be the exact same doll you see in those photos. Assuming of course you order through a reputable manufacturer and vendor.

I personally don't think implanted pubes are worth it. From what I've seen, they pull out quickly. Easier to just buy or make a pubic patch (merkin).

Most folks seem to like the feel of gel boobs and booties, but yeah, I've seen those photos too, where they get distorted after awhile and even ones that have arrived that way. Not sure I'd spend the extra bucks on it myself.

Yes, large boobs are heavy and prone to sagging. Bras are definitely recommended, assuming of course you can find the correct size. Doll figures typically don't exactly match human proportions very well and the larger the boobs, the more difficult that becomes.

Lastly, don't underestimate weight. These gals are heavy and it's all dead weight in an unbalanced package with nothing solid to hold onto. Even fit, strong guys have been taken aback by this.

Good luck and happy hunting!

Pexter

Post by Pexter »

Mr Franz wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:17 pm
Lastly, don't underestimate weight. These gals are heavy and it's all dead weight in an unbalanced package with nothing solid to hold onto. Even fit, strong guys have been taken aback by this.

Can't stress the importance of this enough.

Splittie For anyone's first doll, the most important considerations should be the doll's size and weight and then material, TPE, silicone, or textile should be next. How you intend to use your doll will help you get to the best answer to those questions.

I am new to dolls looking into to them less than a year ago and buying my first doll only 4 month ago.

Let me tell you what worked out very well for me. My first doll was what I call a "playing it safe compromise doll." Because during my looking phase, a lot of doll owners complained that their doll was too heavy and that they had a hard time finding clothes that fit properly.

That both of those into consideration together, I went with a doll that is best described as a very well built petite woman with athletic build. My Hanna is 5'0" tall, weighs 74 lbs, and measures 30-22-33 inches (152cm, 33.6kg, and 76-56-84cm).

Anything heavier would have been too much to lift without straining myself. 74 pounds might not seem that heavy but lifting a 75 pound doll is not the same a lifting a 74 pound box.

But the biggest payoff for me because of her size, anything that is womens' size XS fits perfectly right of the rack. As a general rule, smaller the difference between waist size and breast size and waist size and hip size, the easier it will be to find clothes that fit properly.

Treepusher
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Treepusher »

Welcome to the forum, Splittie! A bit of searching will find answers to your questions.

If you don’t stand your doll, you don’t need bolt/boltless feet. The bolts just add strength and security. Standing with no bolts will ruin the feet. So entirely up to you and your plans.

Advertising photos are just that—for advertising, under ideal lighting, makeup, wigs, and skilled photographers. That’s not what you’re likely to get. If you’re equally skilled at those things, your doll may end up looking close.

My own experience is limited, but FunWest delivered exactly the doll they were advertising. Jiusheng’s doll was not exactly the advertised product, but close enough I was happy, and with time and a little work, I think she’s even prettier than the advert. So it can work either way.

FWIW, my doll (TPE) lives in my bed full time except for dressing and bathing. I have a Purple mattress, zero deformation, no flattening after nearly a year. But a Tempur-pedic or other thick mattress topper should work equally well. I don’t move her that often, other folks do to prevent issues.

Gel boobs, yeah. End of story. I’m sure there are better alternatives, they just haven’t been invented yet. If you’re into boobmania and larger cup sizes, you’ll need support. My girl has E’s, zero problems. YMMV.

And pay attention to weight! It’s important. Less is more.

Good luck!

koaplayer1998
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by koaplayer1998 »

I splurged and bought a 3" memory foam topper and it allows her to deform it as she sits or rests (cradles her form), as opposed to the other way around. It works marvelously.

As our awesome doll expert Mr. Franz points out above, factory "promo" or advertising (not to be confused with factory "production") photos are using the best artistry possible (lighting, hair, makeup, photo skills/editing). Think the Big Mac you see in a McDonald's ad on television, glistening and everything about it perfect, from all that they have done to prepare it for its "glamour shot." I've included one of the production ones that I was sent and had to approve (prior to shipping) as an example below.

Everyone's mileage varies (depending on the make and model of doll ordered), of course, but for whatever it's worth, here's my photo series (promo/factory production/arrived). Just to show you that they should be reasonably close with a legit manufacturer and vendor. Factory photos are usually taken in harsh lighting (likely florescent). She will actually look much better on arrival than the harsh factory production floor pics make her look:
Zora-17-edit-20240321213547.jpg
Zora-17-edit-20240321213547.jpg (224.88 KiB) Viewed 310 times
微信图片_20230921134723-edit-20240321213140.jpg
微信图片_20230921134723-edit-20240321213140.jpg (175.49 KiB) Viewed 310 times
IMG_20231012_212112124_HDR~2.jpg
IMG_20231012_212112124_HDR~2.jpg (105.9 KiB) Viewed 310 times
Meet Isabella Maria, my Firedoll 166C, #43
Acquired via the awesome Zexy Dolls matchmaking agency
Isa's arrival home: Friday, October 6, 2023
Big fan of Coeros products
Link to our doll-connection poll here (PLEASE VOTE!)
Link to our owners' age poll here (PLEASE VOTE!)
Link to join our Firedoll worldwide family album

Splittie
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Splittie »

Kovana wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 2:32 pm Hi, sorry but i can't help you much and still just a future doll owner also. I was really worried about the #2 you mentioned also but when i got the factory photos (off the real thing) vs. promo images i'm pretty happy. Yea i'ts true professional photography, lighting, clothing and accessories and little bit of editing like airbrush makes wonders.

Oh and i hear breast support is recommended for them big tiddies.
That's a beautiful doll, Kovana.

It's unfortunate that I still seem to come across factory photos where the doll looks so primitive. These are the things I think that could have been expected even five years ago. A very helpful vendor I have been dealing with (Rob at Lovedollsenpai) has told me of a handful of vendors where this shouldn't be an issue. I guess with the advances in technology with digital 3D modeling used in the mix this shouldn't be as big of an issue, but...

Splittie
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Splittie »

Mr Franz wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:17 pm First, don't confuse TPE and silicone. They are two entirely different materials, maintained and repaired in very different ways.

As for standing feet, the idea behind the protruding bolts is so that they alone bear the weight of the doll when standing. They do have limited adjustment, but not enough to make the doll higher off the ground. Just enough so that the head of he bolt extends slightly below the sole of the foot.

If I understand correctly, boltless standing feet are for temporarily standing the doll and not for standing long term.

Factory photos are taken under ideal conditions by experienced photographers, as are some of the owner photos you see here. It is unlikely the doll you receive will look exactly the same. The doll you do receive however, will be the exact same doll you see in those photos. Assuming of course you order through a reputable manufacturer and vendor.

I personally don't think implanted pubes are worth it. From what I've seen, they pull out quickly. Easier to just buy or make a pubic patch (merkin).

Most folks seem to like the feel of gel boobs and booties, but yeah, I've seen those photos too, where they get distorted after awhile and even ones that have arrived that way. Not sure I'd spend the extra bucks on it myself.

Yes, large boobs are heavy and prone to sagging. Bras are definitely recommended, assuming of course you can find the correct size. Doll figures typically don't exactly match human proportions very well and the larger the boobs, the more difficult that becomes.

Thank you for your explanation of the two styles of standing feet currently available. I think I'll stick with bolts.

Yet another term to add to my repertoire and head down another branching rabbit hole...merkin! It's confirmation of what I'd read before. I guess to each their own. Perhaps I can find one somewhere that looks like a landing strip or a heart and doesn't look too unnatural when applied.

Ha, lo and behold, you can buy them on Amazon!

Do you have a recommendation as to a good place to buy nice doll clothes in varied sizing?

Splittie
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Splittie »

Pexter wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 4:05 pm
Mr Franz wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:17 pm

Can't stress the importance of this enough.

Splittie For anyone's first doll, the most important considerations should be the doll's size and weight and then material, TPE, silicone, or textile should be next. How you intend to use your doll will help you get to the best answer to those questions.

I am new to dolls looking into to them less than a year ago and buying my first doll only 4 month ago.

Let me tell you what worked out very well for me. My first doll was what I call a "playing it safe compromise doll." Because during my looking phase, a lot of doll owners complained that their doll was too heavy and that they had a hard time finding clothes that fit properly.

That both of those into consideration together, I went with a doll that is best described as a very well built petite woman with athletic build. My Hanna is 5'0" tall, weighs 74 lbs, and measures 30-22-33 inches (152cm, 33.6kg, and 76-56-84cm).

Anything heavier would have been too much to lift without straining myself. 74 pounds might not seem that heavy but lifting a 75 pound doll is not the same a lifting a 74 pound box.

But the biggest payoff for me because of her size, anything that is womens' size XS fits perfectly right of the rack. As a general rule, smaller the difference between waist size and breast size and waist size and hip size, the easier it will be to find clothes that fit properly.
I appreciate you telling me about your own recent foray into this world, Pexter. Hanna is a beautiful doll, I especially like her eyes. The more that I'm seeing people's recent purchases, it's putting my mind a little more at rest as to the what the delivered doll looks like as compared to the promo pictures.

Did you wait to buy clothing once you received your doll?

Where do the professional photographers find their clothing for dolls with hourglass figures? I am especially attracted to beautiful strong hips and thighs:
Screenshot 2024-03-24 144655.png
Screenshot 2024-03-24 144655.png (557.35 KiB) Viewed 275 times
Or perhaps this will be too heavy to handle?

Splittie
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Splittie »

koaplayer1998 wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 4:36 pm I splurged and bought a 3" memory foam topper and it allows her to deform it as she sits or rests (cradles her form), as opposed to the other way around. It works marvelously.

As our awesome doll expert Mr. Franz points out above, factory "promo" or advertising (not to be confused with factory "production") photos are using the best artistry possible (lighting, hair, makeup, photo skills/editing). Think the Big Mac you see in a McDonald's ad on television, glistening and everything about it perfect, from all that they have done to prepare it for its "glamour shot." I've included one of the production ones that I was sent and had to approve (prior to shipping) as an example below.

Everyone's mileage varies (depending on the make and model of doll ordered), of course, but for whatever it's worth, here's my photo series (promo/factory production/arrived). Just to show you that they should be reasonably close with a legit manufacturer and vendor. Factory photos are usually taken in harsh lighting (likely florescent). She will actually look much better on arrival than the harsh factory production floor pics make her look:

Zora-17-edit-20240321213547.jpg

微信图片_20230921134723-edit-20240321213140.jpg

IMG_20231012_212112124_HDR~2.jpg
Well, a thick mattress topper isn't something that I had considered to reduce deformation. Great idea. I was thinking of placing rolled up blankets under the small of the doll's back and the upper thighs to alleviate this.

I really appreciate your sharing the three photos of your attractive doll. I can see what you mean that the factory pics tend to be taken under harsh lighting conditions, but am again glad that this worked out for you.

Zora looks great in glasses!

H_N_Franku

Post by H_N_Franku »

Splittie wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:43 pm As I research my first purchase, I've come to realize that I have much to learn!
Doll ownership has a lot more that goes into it than most expect. When you get her in person, there will be even more to learn about the hands-on part. But good news, the learning curve is high in the beginning only. I'm going to assume that you'll learn that TPE and Silicon are two very different materials with very different pros and cons. I'll also assume that you want the most out of your doll as possible. Sex, cuddles, companionship, photography, scarecrow, whatever. You want all the benefit you can get. Alright Splittie, Lets hit these one at a time.

1. If you want standing then go with bolts. I think boltless standing feet is an option that only select silicon brands have. Those feet have extra harden silicon in place of bolts. The color will look different than the rest of the body. I heard that dolls like that are only supposed to stand for 24 hrs at a time, 48hrs at most. I remember seeing one review of a guy who got boltless, and he found a hole in one of her heels the next day. But only in one heel. Not the other. And I don't think there was much issue after that. So take that as you will. And like Franz said, the bolts don't adjust height.

2. Unless you buy from a shady vendor, the doll you order will be the one delivered to you. As you would imagine, pro photos with pro make-up and pro editing can make anyone look better. My fat ass would like appetizing if I had a team of pros behind me. Right out of the box: her make-up won't look as elaborate, her eyes may not pierce you like the promos, and you'll realize that the lighting in your room sucks. But you'll still see the doll you ordered in her. She will still be the doll that caught your eye enough to take the leap. And saying she won't look as good is more like saying she'll go from being 9.5/10 to 9/10. She can lose an extra point on top of that and you'll still feel like a winner. Trust me. Bait and switches don't happen with good vendors.

3.I got nothing on pubic hair. I like 'em bald, clean meat to maul. Fur pie? I'm 'bout to die.

4. My dolls are TPE. I can only tell you what I heard and some precautions. Soft silicon thighs and belly appear to work out fine. Soft breast and butt do appear to have some deformation issues. You can repair it when it happens. But I'm sure you'd rather it not be an issue at all. All dolls can benefit from a bit of padding. Some memory form, a good bra, extra pillows, something like that could protect those sensitive areas.

5 (the rest). You can definitely keep a doll in bed overnight. Some guys have slept with their dolls everyday for a year straight. I'm sure they moved them around once in a while, but overnight is fine. With extra padding, I'm sure you could go a week. Don't have to be expensive. I lay my doll on a firm body pillow. Hoisting everyday for doll health isn't necessary. You can stand her up or roll her onto a different side to avoid permanent compression. I commonly turn my doll onto her side to sleep then lay her flat on her back (on top of the body pillow) for the rest of the day - assuming I don't stand her up. As long as your doll isn't stuck in one position for too long, she'll bounce back.

Finally, sagging. My doll has M-cups and never wears a bra. She does have clothes on all the time though. They offer a little support. I put her arms together and slowly work her forearms under her breast a little bit. I'll provide a pic to give you an idea. That minimizes boob stress in two ways: falling to the side and gravity. And yet, her breast do have some sag. I only noticed when I got another doll. Their busts were the same but the new girl was clearly perkier. Now I like the sag :) . Maybe I won't like it if they get any lower 8O . For what its worth, I've had her for almost 3 years now. So if in 3 more years I get bit in the ass because her boobs got too saggy, that's fine. I'll still love her.

Hope this helps you, bud.
Attachments
Boobie wide screen.JPG
Boobie wide screen.JPG (2.75 MiB) Viewed 261 times
Boobie Side View 1.jpg
Boobie Side View 1.jpg (4.57 MiB) Viewed 261 times
Boobie Side View 2.jpg
Boobie Side View 2.jpg (3.88 MiB) Viewed 261 times
Happy Humping

koaplayer1998
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by koaplayer1998 »

Splittie wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 5:55 pm Well, a thick mattress topper isn't something that I had considered to reduce deformation. Great idea. I was thinking of placing rolled up blankets under the small of the doll's back and the upper thighs to alleviate this.

I really appreciate your sharing the three photos of your attractive doll. I can see what you mean that the factory pics tend to be taken under harsh lighting conditions, but am again glad that this worked out for you.

Glad to give you something to consider. I started out thinking about the supporting her with blankets and towels too, but realized quickly what a pain-in-the-ass (every time you move her position) it would be long-term. The memory foam topper (about $80 USD on Amazon) now helps both of us to be more comfortable.

Thanks for the kind compliment, the last photo in the above set was from her arrival. In addition to her glasses, I have since also added an upper set of teeth (from TDL set) as in the photo below.
IMG_20240312_181845322_HDR.jpg
IMG_20240312_181845322_HDR.jpg (2.78 MiB) Viewed 249 times
Meet Isabella Maria, my Firedoll 166C, #43
Acquired via the awesome Zexy Dolls matchmaking agency
Isa's arrival home: Friday, October 6, 2023
Big fan of Coeros products
Link to our doll-connection poll here (PLEASE VOTE!)
Link to our owners' age poll here (PLEASE VOTE!)
Link to join our Firedoll worldwide family album

Splittie
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Splittie »

H_N_Franku wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 6:04 pm
Splittie wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:43 pm As I research my first purchase, I've come to realize that I have much to learn!
Doll ownership has a lot more that goes into it than most expect. When you get her in person, there will be even more to learn about the hands-on part. But good news, the learning curve is high in the beginning only. I'm going to assume that you'll learn that TPE and Silicon are two very different materials with very different pros and cons. I'll also assume that you want the most out of your doll as possible. Sex, cuddles, companionship, photography, scarecrow, whatever. You want all the benefit you can get. Alright Splittie, Lets hit these one at a time.

1. If you want standing then go with bolts. I think boltless standing feet is an option that only select silicon brands have. Those feet have extra harden silicon in place of bolts. The color will look different than the rest of the body. I heard that dolls like that are only supposed to stand for 24 hrs at a time, 48hrs at most. I remember seeing one review of a guy who got boltless, and he found a hole in one of her heels the next day. But only in one heel. Not the other. And I don't think there was much issue after that. So take that as you will. And like Franz said, the bolts don't adjust height.

2. Unless you buy from a shady vendor, the doll you order will be the one delivered to you. As you would imagine, pro photos with pro make-up and pro editing can make anyone look better. My fat ass would like appetizing if I had a team of pros behind me. Right out of the box: her make-up won't look as elaborate, her eyes may not pierce you like the promos, and you'll realize that the lighting in your room sucks. But you'll still see the doll you ordered in her. She will still be the doll that caught your eye enough to take the leap. And saying she won't look as good is more like saying she'll go from being 9.5/10 to 9/10. She can lose an extra point on top of that and you'll still feel like a winner. Trust me. Bait and switches don't happen with good vendors.

3.I got nothing on pubic hair. I like 'em bald, clean meat to maul. Fur pie? I'm 'bout to die.

4. My dolls are TPE. I can only tell you what I heard and some precautions. Soft silicon thighs and belly appear to work out fine. Soft breast and butt do appear to have some deformation issues. You can repair it when it happens. But I'm sure you'd rather it not be an issue at all. All dolls can benefit from a bit of padding. Some memory form, a good bra, extra pillows, something like that could protect those sensitive areas.

5 (the rest). You can definitely keep a doll in bed overnight. Some guys have slept with their dolls everyday for a year straight. I'm sure they moved them around once in a while, but overnight is fine. With extra padding, I'm sure you could go a week. Don't have to be expensive. I lay my doll on a firm body pillow. Hoisting everyday for doll health isn't necessary. You can stand her up or roll her onto a different side to avoid permanent compression. I commonly turn my doll onto her side to sleep then lay her flat on her back (on top of the body pillow) for the rest of the day - assuming I don't stand her up. As long as your doll isn't stuck in one position for too long, she'll bounce back.

Finally, sagging. My doll has M-cups and never wears a bra. She does have clothes on all the time though. They offer a little support. I put her arms together and slowly work her forearms under her breast a little bit. I'll provide a pic to give you an idea. That minimizes boob stress in two ways: falling to the side and gravity. And yet, her breast do have some sag. I only noticed when I got another doll. Their busts were the same but the new girl was clearly perkier. Now I like the sag :) . Maybe I won't like it if they get any lower 8O . For what its worth, I've had her for almost 3 years now. So if in 3 more years I get bit in the ass because her boobs got too saggy, that's fine. I'll still love her.

Hope this helps you, bud.
This certainly does help me, H_N_Franku. OMG, those pics are to die for (but hopefully not in a break my back sort of way!). Her figure is so very attractive.

What model is she?

I'm glad that you mentioned that your girl is three years old. Any sag that might be under those clothes must still look wonderful and natural, as you've mentioned.

Where do you find your clothing for her?

Given that she is TPE, does the material still sweat?

Again, your feedback on the WYSIWYG question is nice to hear. With each response here similar so far, I'm feeling much better about venturing forth on this exploration.

Thank you!

Splittie
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Splittie »

koaplayer1998 wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 6:17 pm
Splittie wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 5:55 pm Well, a thick mattress topper isn't something that I had considered to reduce deformation. Great idea. I was thinking of placing rolled up blankets under the small of the doll's back and the upper thighs to alleviate this.

Glad to give you something to consider. I started out thinking about the supporting her with blankets and towels too, but realized quickly what a pain-in-the-ass (every time you move her position) it would be long-term. The memory foam topper (about $80 USD on Amazon) now helps both of us to be more comfortable.

Thanks for the kind compliment, the last photo in the above set was from her arrival. In addition to her glasses, I have since also added an upper set of teeth (from TDL set) as in the photo below.

IMG_20240312_181845322_HDR.jpg
What an absolutely gorgeous face Zora has, especially with the nice wig, teeth, and glasses.

What is TDL?

Where do you get your wigs from?

She is a stunner.

I'm feeling better about this. Thank you.

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

Splittie wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 5:36 pm
Mr Franz wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:17 pm First, don't confuse TPE and silicone. They are two entirely different materials, maintained and repaired in very different ways.

Thank you for your explanation of the two styles of standing feet currently available. I think I'll stick with bolts.

Yet another term to add to my repertoire and head down another branching rabbit hole...merkin! It's confirmation of what I'd read before. I guess to each their own. Perhaps I can find one somewhere that looks like a landing strip or a heart and doesn't look too unnatural when applied.

Ha, lo and behold, you can buy them on Amazon!

Do you have a recommendation as to a good place to buy nice doll clothes in varied sizing?
My gals have fairly proportionate figures and are pretty easy to fit, so my go to is usually eBay, swap.com or the wife's closet. LOL Never got anything from them myself, but Shein seems to be popular around here for doll clothes too as are thrift stores.

INFORMATIONS