betterlovedoll.com

This forum is devoted SOLELY to questions and answers regarding how to use the forum and other features of the "The Doll Forum" website. Questions or help regarding dolls should be posted elsewhere. Bug reports can also all be found here. If you encounter a bug, this is where to address it.
DragonBallz
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by DragonBallz »

Hmmm... my chosen avatar is not showing in my profile or my posting... i think i saw a thread relating to this...

Romana

Post by Romana »

Hello all, still new to the forum and unless I'm not reading between the lines this has been no help with downsizing/compressing my files to fit into less than 15Kb. If anyone can help here is the image:

http://adobe.kodakgallery.com/Slideshow ... 3595928111

I have not been able to shrink this less than 23Kb, can someone pleeeease help!

Romana[/img]

rentell
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by rentell »

threre you go.......

Romana

Post by Romana »

Thank you very much, I greatly appreciate it.

Romana

B3F11dolly
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by B3F11dolly »

DragonBallz wrote:Hmmm... my chosen avatar is not showing in my profile or my posting...
Sounds like the picture is too big. Currently avatar size is reduced to less than 15kb and 120 pixels in width and height. If you try to upload a bigger one, the upload will just be aborted.
DragonBallz wrote:Now when my BTD arrives, I'll be able to post one of my own.

will an avatar i upload for my use, be available for anyone to use?
I just tried that, and theoretically it should work. I can choose somebody else's avatar from the custom avatar gallery. It then shows up in the user info module on the index site, but not in my profile and my posts. Not sure why, maybe I made some mistake... however, anybody could bypass this problem by saving an avatar to his computer and then re-upload as if it was his picture in the first place... so yes, theoretically your avatar could be used by somebody else.
Technically, that is !
If somebody uses sombody else's custom avatar, he should always ask for allowance first, even more if there's somebody special to be seen, like your doll. You're the legal owner of the picture (copyright), and others should only use your avatar if you allowed them to do so. If this should ever happen, tell that member to remove it. If he doesn't listen to that, then you send a pm to a forum admin, like for example this Vanessa doll. Tell me the name of the member, and I will go to the admin panel and remove the avatar from his account settings. :wink:

rentell
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by rentell »

No problem Romana, glad it worked.

If anyone is interested I used this very good veiwer called Infranveiw, very easy to use and does lots of things and its even free!

http://www.irfanview.net/

DragonBallz
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by DragonBallz »

Thanks Vanessa... I'm still not getting anywhere... I've used one of the avatars from the available gallery, and it shows up at the top of my screen with the rest of my information, but does not appear in any of my postings. So, I don't think I have a problem with linking it to my id, or having one that is too large... it just doesn't seem to be able to move from my profile to my postings.

Maybe it's me (no, not Itsme :)), I had a problem early on with not being able to PM, only to receive them... that got fixed eventually, but I had help from inside TDF programming then.

DragonBallz
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by DragonBallz »

Never mind... I got it... tried Vanessa's tip to copy the image to my drive, then linked from there. Next I gotta figure out the trick to downsizing images on my drive so they fit the limits.

DragonBallz
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by DragonBallz »

OK! I've got it all worked out... what are the guidelines for images... i've seen very cool animated cartoons getting pumped... but am trying to remember if there is someone that i should send the image i'd like (some nudity, implied penetration, but no anatomy showing) for approval? (It's a pose my BTD will be spending ALOT of time in! ;)) I certainly don't want to get a penalty flag! any advice?

B3F11dolly
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by B3F11dolly »

Ah :D you got it working ! Well as I said, I also had the problem that the avatar taken from the custom gallery didn't show in my posts. Maybe there is some barrier for the use of other people's custom avatars, at least if they are in use. (?) [lots of them are not in use]. But as I said you can bypass this by downloading first...

If you're not sure if you new avatar will be okay with rules,
then just upload somewhere and send it to Bill first.

And don't forget to add your doll to the matrix. :wink: :D 8)
:P [this is obligatory for the use of custom avatars - LOL]

DragonBallz
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by DragonBallz »

Thanks Vanessa... who's Bill?

B3F11dolly
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by B3F11dolly »

DragonBallz wrote:Thanks Vanessa... who's Bill?
8O

Bill is my boss round here, he's the person in charge, the big chief in command... He's the one who rules this forum and tells members of forum management what to do and where this forum should go. :roll: He's dollforum Manitu, one of the 2 founders of this forum.

You can find his wigwam here
http://www.dollforum.com/modules.php?na ... rofile&u=3

Renate
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Renate »

I want to change my avatar again but I can't get it any smaller than 80kb yet again 8O :x

Can someone help me out again?

here is the image I want

♥♥♥Check Out My Blog! Juicy♥Splatter Doll Photography♥♥♥

Slim
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Slim »

Hi Renate,

Here it is again. Strange, for I haven't changed anything. The only thing I've done is saving it again. :? But as you can see the size of the picture is much smaller now. :o

Regards,
Slim

INFORMATIONS