Starpery.com

Broken articulating finger repair

Starpery mission is that"Let robot service to people, and protect people!". We are the manufacturer of TPE doll and silicone doll, based on Huizhou city, China. We are devoting ourself to improve doll apery ability of appearance and movement so that she or he can help more the unable, or the loneliness, or other fans. Wish our doll can bring the funny, service and protection to all human being in future. Website: https://www.starpery.com
LtDan1991
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Broken articulating finger repair

Post by LtDan1991 »

Hello, I have 2 Janelle’s, silicone both have broken articulating fingers where the fingers are attached to the hand..on one doll, both small fingers are broken, on the other 1 middle finger. I want to fix, but before I open the hands can someone give me a photo of a Starpery articulating hand so I can prepare the items I need to fix? If someone has a repair suggestion I would love to have that
It would be awesome to have that photo.Kind regards!

Olivia F1
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: Broken articulating finger repair

Post by Olivia F1 »

first repair suggestion: learn how to weld, if not already accustomed

sijobo
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by sijobo »

Can you show photos of the damage?

Also, you could try contacting Starpery and asking them directly for advice.
Qurated huge clothes selection for your doll: https://dolls-review.com/clothes/
Check out my site: https://dolls-review.com/

Olivia F1
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Olivia F1 »

Here is an old photo of a plam-plate (where the wire fingers attach)
- not sure if the articulated design carries the same part/configuration.

But it appears you might be able to reattach a new wire to the plate without welding through the wire hole mounts on the palm plate.

* you may want to consider making the incision on the inner side of her hand so the scar will be less noticeable.
d1d0411a11.jpg
d1d0411a11.jpg (133.23 KiB) Viewed 391 times

gelbooblover
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by gelbooblover »

I found this buried in the Starpery site
Attachments
image_2021_05_14T09_57_28_020Z-1.png
image_2021_05_14T09_57_28_020Z-1.png (259.99 KiB) Viewed 326 times
Starpery 156E "Amy"
Starpery 148F "Zoey"
coming soon.... Starpery 172F "Julie"

RevJack
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by RevJack »

I have not repaired an articulated hand yet, but I have built the from scratch and am prepared to work on them.
For this repair I assume that the small double folded sheet metal base knuckle has broken at the fold. I would try very hard to get a replacement part from Starpery. Installing it involves drilling out the two rivets and replacing them with either 1) stainless hammer rivets 2) aluminum pop rivets or 3) Chicago screws. These are in diminishing level of effort.
You won't know the size until you expose the broken knuckle.
If Starpery will not supply a replacement, still drill out the rivets and remove the broken knuckle, it can be remade with simple tools and materials.

Expost the joint and take pictures, we have a lot of mad scientists here that can help.

Reverend Jack
Reverend Jacks Roamin' Cadillac Sex Doll Repair. Roamin' the land fixin' dollies and handing out salvation from the back of his Cadillac.

ALSO TRY Reverend Jack's Anointed Snake Oil, good for cleansing stains from the body and the Soul! Step right up folks, only $5 a bottle! We got plenty to go around! Cash only please.

Aibei 158 Blue Elf, AS 157, XES 128, OR 156G, WM 160C (r), Sanhui 168 (r), WM 157B, WM 138D (Faun), Mistress 168 (r), 6YE 100 (Bubbles)

Starpery Manager
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Post by Starpery Manager »

LtDan1991 wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 1:12 pm Hello, I have 2 Janelle’s, silicone both have broken articulating fingers where the fingers are attached to the hand..on one doll, both small fingers are broken, on the other 1 middle finger. I want to fix, but before I open the hands can someone give me a photo of a Starpery articulating hand so I can prepare the items I need to fix? If someone has a repair suggestion I would love to have that
It would be awesome to have that photo.Kind regards!
Hello LtDan1991, please send the finger pictures and videos to us, also with your order number and order date. we will have a check first. our email is info@starpery.com

Best regards,
Chris

INFORMATIONS