Santa
www.realdoll.com
Rita & Angie - HawgCallr

Anyone else having problems with the inserts?

A space for the legacy dolls manufactured by as Phoenix Studios. These include the Boy Toy Series 1 & 2: Calendar Girls, Seasons and C series.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

HawgCallr
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by HawgCallr »

I have had some insert problems also, but not the issue everybody else is having. I came home one night and found Rita's labia practically sliced off! Joe at Phoenix was Johnny on the spot and got me a new one right away. The only thing I can think of that caused it was that the legs were too close together too long and the pressure of the vagina opening acted like a pair of scissors. No problems since. Here is what it looked like:

Todster

Post by Todster »

technoguy wrote:WS...

I understand where you are coming from...the BT owner's penetration of the insert causes its material to exceed its "elastic limit" or very close to it and that then causes the polymer to fail and the split to form.

However, there could be other factors involved.

For example, as the BT owner continues to wash the insert after each use, he may be washing out the plasticizer that helps keep it soft and elastic. In time, that constant removal of plasticizer would then LOWER the elastic limit of the material and, eventually, the same size penis inserted into the insert would cause it to experience that external split.

I just wish PS had initially decided to make those inserts out of silicone elastomer instead of that "hot melt" vinyl material....

technoguy
I don't think there ia a problem with the elastic limit even after washing it several times. The insert is extremely elastic, maybe too elastic.
What happens is that if the penis doesn't follow the direction of the hole in the insert, it just makes it own hole. As you can see on wetsuits last picture. And of course the penis will break right trough the insert wall when that happens.
If you had an insert you would know what I'm talking about. I bet he's not using any force at all on that picture. So you can imagine how it would look like if this happend inside the doll while having sex....

Dollinlove
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Dollinlove »

i think it's the material they use to make it

after 2 years of use, i still have the same boeing japanese insert...

note that to clean it, i even put the inside, outside 8O

soragesum
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by soragesum »

Looks like abyss (actually all doll manufactures to be fair), need a more rigerous testing process.

Like they need someone to put any new designs through a good couple months of rigorous use and document the status of the doll each day through the process to hopefully find and fix more of these problems before the owners do. Or so the owners won't have these problems.

Man I can't think of a more perfect job!!! :twisted: ok abyss I'm officially throwing my name in the hat to become your master quality assurance tester of new designs! I know no one could put a doll through more through testing and use than I could! :twisted: call me! :wink:

Or maybe I should start my own testing lab. Where I could test out all dolls and give them some kind of ranking/review for quality/durabilty. Sort of like a UL rating for dolls, or a THX stamp of approval. Or like a consumer reports for dolls! Man... That would be the PERFECT job for me! :twisted:

Actually I love my doll, she gets all my lust and i wouldnt want to give it to another doll. :wink:

deusbot
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by deusbot »

Non-BT owner Quick Patch Idea: self-adheasive expandy gauze bandage.
Since part of the problem may be support, maybe look in the atheletic support section of the drugstore. Insert something close to the right size in the insert then wrap it with the bandage to provide better external containment and support. Maybe place some plastic wrap on the outside to make insertion of the entire package easier into the doll.

I know its a $5 fix for a $50 part inside a $5000 doll, but hey its a slow news day ...

And yeah soragesum,I worked with groups that did large scale productions and used Accelerated Life Testing or ALT. You go from -30 to 150 degrees F 12 times a day, while cycling the air from 0% to 100% humidity with various high salt content 9 times a day, while vibrating and going though stretch/compression stress cycles. And you do it all for a couple months. You would have to do something similar for dolls by collecting lots of usage info, then find a way put it through a 24/7 workout program. But its how you find both the parts that react , corrode or stress out quickly and those that you can save money on.

Also, one day we might get a testing lab for all sorts of toys, and post the testing logs. Just being able to say something still meets manufactuer spec after 3 months of brutal sex ALT gotta be worth a few extra $ ... And while I admire soragesum's selflessness in offering to provide such services, I cannot let him bear that burden for the community alone. And so for every doll sent I promise to provide both a full ALT test and after recovery produce full documentation (or as much of is as I'm able to rememeber :twisted: :P )
Artificial Intelligence is the study of how to make real computers act like the ones in the movies -Anon

The questions you ask determine the discoveries you will make - db

soragesum
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by soragesum »

Deusbot,

Putting a doll through 24/7 "testing", wouldn't be a problem. :twisted:

But I would always be open to ideas for new "testing". :twisted:

I think in the case of dolls, nothing is going to produce better data than just putting the doll through nonstop use that an owner would do. Dressing the doll in one kinky outfit after another, fucking her between each outfit. Fucking her in every concevable position. Poseing her in every consivable position ( for photos), while fucking her betwen each pose. Washing her, while fucking her. Binding her in differt positions, while fucking her mulitple times in each one, etc. Ect. Repeat over and over and over. I think in a couple of months I would put a doll to more use than the average owner would over the entire life of the doll. :twisted:

Yep.. It's definstly got to be "hand on" testing :wink:

Sounds like you and I may have a good business plan brewing here. :wink:

Sounds like your idea of wrapping the insert with something to make it sturdier and give it more support might just work as an interm fix. Sometimes simplier is just better. :wink:

DrSoong
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by DrSoong »

No matter how many causes there are, it looks as if a redesign is needed, or BTD will need to supply more replacements than one per year.

technoguy
Ex-Member

Post by technoguy »

DrS...

Yeah, it looks like a redesign is definitely needed. As WS says, it's probably all due to the inserts material being too soft and elastic.

Maybe there could be some way of casting the insert inside of a web of plastic material that would reinforce it? Well, whatever the remedy, that's PS's job to find. The buyer should not have to do anything to make his BT's insert hold up during regular use.

technoguy
I am NOT currently a doll owner.

phoenixstudios
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Post by phoenixstudios »

Matt tweaked the design of the insert once, which eliminated the problem a couple people were having at the beginning. HawgCallr case of the labia ripping is the first tear of this nature and has been an isolated incident to date. Overall the inserts have been holding up well, and if anyone does have a issue/problem we're going to take care of it for them ASAP.

Cheers
-Joe

RaDiv
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by RaDiv »

phoenixstudios wrote:Matt tweaked the design of the insert once, which eliminated the problem a couple people were having at the beginning. HawgCallr case of the labia ripping is the first tear of this nature and has been an isolated incident to date. Overall the inserts have been holding up well, and if anyone does have a issue/problem we're going to take care of it for them ASAP.

Cheers
-Joe
Are the new inserts longer?
She told me to come but I was already there

phoenixstudios
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Post by phoenixstudios »

They may be slightly longer. Pretty sure you have the newer version RaDiv.
RaDiv wrote:
phoenixstudios wrote:Matt tweaked the design of the insert once, which eliminated the problem a couple people were having at the beginning. HawgCallr case of the labia ripping is the first tear of this nature and has been an isolated incident to date. Overall the inserts have been holding up well, and if anyone does have a issue/problem we're going to take care of it for them ASAP.

Cheers
-Joe
Are the new inserts longer?

Hefner
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Hefner »

I just received a new insert, and it is about a half inch longer than the original that came with my Miss December. It works much better. It doesn't slide in during use.

Todster

Post by Todster »

I CAN'T BELIVE IT!

I received a new insert a few days ago. I used it for the third time today, and this happened:

technoguy
Ex-Member

Post by technoguy »

TS...

OUCH! Hmmm...maybe PS should be supplying BT owners with a free replacement insert every MONTH instead of once a year!

This insert definitely needs to be redesigned and soon!
I think a silicone insert, although not quite as soft, would be the solution.

technoguy
I am NOT currently a doll owner.

Todster

Post by Todster »

technoguy wrote:TS...

OUCH! Hmmm...maybe PS should be supplying BT owners with a free replacement insert every MONTH instead of once a year!

This insert definitely needs to be redesigned and soon!
I think a silicone insert, although not quite as soft, would be the solution.

technoguy
Yes, a redesign is needed. As you can see this insert is ripped in another way the my two first rips. This one started from the edge of the insert....

It seems like all BT owners have had failing inserts, so something have to be done...

INFORMATIONS