Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

Lint Free Skin

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

Kazuo
Ex-Member

Lint Free Skin

Post by Kazuo »

Lint Free Skin

Does anyone have any tips on cleaning the doll’s exterior skin?

Lint, hair excedra cling to her soft skin. Washing her with soap and water is difficult since it just moves the lint around.

Does anyone have suggestions for cleaning products which will not damage her skin?

I have my first Stephanie pics uploaded.

[img]http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/al ... erpics/118

http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/al ... erpics/118

Incrediwagon
Ex-Member

Re: Lint Free Skin

Post by Incrediwagon »

Stephanie is very beautiful by the way.

Nothing beats a shower. However a lot of times during photo shoots, or just daily handling the dolls get dirty fast. The best thing to clean them with is disinfecting wipes. You would be amazed at how much dirt comes off with just one swipe.

Any brand will do. I use the local super market brand. They even a citrus scented wipe like that new Realdoll smell.

Just make sure it's not a disinfecting WHIP :o

Red Heads Rule!

Everhard
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by Everhard »

Kazuo wrote:Washing her with soap and water is difficult since it just moves the lint around.
Powder her with corn starch powder (Johnson's Baby Powder in UK) but avoid any hard rubbing of painted areas such as face and (on some dolls) hands. (Do any manufacturers paint other areas?)

Not only does powdering reduce the tackiness (if any) of the silicone rubber and reduces its skin friction, but it also cleans off grit and lint.

Do not use normal 'talc' however. It is generally though to be too abrasive. It certainly feels abrasive to me.

soragesum
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by soragesum »

Yep... Rub her down with baby powder and the lint just comes right off.

Bonus is it's fun to do and makes her skin feel incredible. :twisted:

U nudd tiy!

Szalinski
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by Szalinski »

One thing about powder, however, is that it doesn't always spread evenly, and if your lady has a darker skin tone (like tanned) this will show up as a mottling. At least it does on Sharon. :(
“If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.”
~ George Washington

RAMIKO

JSYK (Just So You Know)

Post by RAMIKO »

Kazuo wrote:Lint Free Skin

Does anyone have any tips on cleaning the doll’s exterior skin?

Lint, hair excedra cling to her soft skin. Washing her with soap and water is difficult since it just moves the lint around.

Does anyone have suggestions for cleaning products which will not damage her skin?

I have my first Stephanie pics uploaded.

[img]http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/al ... erpics/118

http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/al ... erpics/118

Just So You Know,
The Link You Showed, For Some Reason Points To A "404 Blank Page"!! :? :?
However, The Link To Your Pics Is This Here!!

Ramiko

Aprl 2nd,2010
12:11am
To 'Some People'(JSYK), Lovable Dolls No Longer Exist!! So 'Some People' Can Quit Complaining!! :wink:

Incrediwagon
Ex-Member

Post by Incrediwagon »

After I have cleaned the doll in the shower I powder her there in the tub. That way the excess just goes in the tub and down the drain. However I find rubbing powder on the skin creates a static charge which will attract dirt. Best to let the charge dissipate before handling her much. I have used Static Guard on the doll, and wigs when combing, but I don't like the smell. It is overpowering too. Also if you put clothes on the doll make them light colored or the powder will show.

Szalinski, I find putting the powder on with my hands, then wiping off somewhat with a small towel will help to smooth the powder. You could also buy some tan makeup powder and mix it, but that would be expensive, and a waste of time.
Red Heads Rule!

Everhard
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by Everhard »

Incrediwagon wrote:Also if you put clothes on the doll make them light colored or the powder will show.
That is a problem with some of my dolls' darker clothes. Trouble is, I rather like their darker clothes...
:?

Szalinski
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by Szalinski »

Incrediwagon wrote:Szalinski, I find putting the powder on with my hands, then wiping off somewhat with a small towel will help to smooth the powder. You could also buy some tan makeup powder and mix it, but that would be expensive, and a waste of time.
I've tried spreading the powder by hand, by towel and by the "featherduster method", and still get the mottling. Always in the same places too. I have tried wiping her off after powdering, but it's only partially effective.

I've even tried mixing cocoa powder with the cornstarch, but getting a proper color match and an even dispersal of color is frustrating, to say the least.

She did taste real good for a while though... :D
“If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.”
~ George Washington

Incrediwagon
Ex-Member

Post by Incrediwagon »

Bet she tastes delicious. :P A lot better than makeup :plaidskirt:
Red Heads Rule!

janesays
Ex-Member

Post by janesays »

Stephanie has a beautiful face Kazuo. :D :D :D
I can't wait to see her naughty. :twisted:
normal_stephanie11.jpg
normal_stephanie11.jpg (89.92 KiB) Viewed 1716 times

Gramps
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Gramps »

I tried a lint roller on Paula. At first it's about 50% effective, but the roller paper loses its stickiness very fast, strangely much faster than if used on clothing. I don't know whether it's picking up some invisible residue from the silicone or the silicone is grabbing the adhesive off the paper.

Thanks for the pics of your beauty, Kazuo. I'm glad the story of her arrival ended well.

Incrediwagon
Ex-Member

Post by Incrediwagon »

Been there, done that. same with duct tape. The oil from the silicone does something to the glue. I guess it would be like trying to stick tape to an oily surface :roll:
Try the wipes. You'll be happy :D
Red Heads Rule!

sichno

Post by sichno »

I've had the most success applying powder with soft paint brushes. I use small ones on the face and larger ones on the body. I empty all the powder into a container that I'm able to "dip" the brushes in. Allows me to get good coverage quickly and keep the power spread well.

INFORMATIONS