SexDollAmerica.com

POLL: What is the primary purpose of your love doll ?

Read about the latest TDF news here. Have an announcement that you would like to make? Here is the place to do it!

What is your primary purpose for owning/wanting a love doll?

sex and or sexual stimulation leading to and including copulation
46%
photography
7%
cuddling / kissing / hanging out buddy without leading to sex/masturbation
10%
artificial companion (I prefer my doll over an interactive human relationship)
13%
surrogate partner (helping to fill the void until ms/mr right comes along)
14%
fantasy play
4%
enhancement/supplement/compensation within existing human relationship
7%

Total votes: 589

Bianca
Site Owners Group
Site Owners Group

Re: POLL: What is the primary purpose of your doll

Post by Bianca »

Bianca wrote:
Ruby13 wrote:Bianca:

Which one...They all leave me for other Men!

Don @ Ruby 13
Well at least it is your dolls that lack 'staying' power and not you :)

Be proud. Think of all the happiness you bring to those who might otherwise be applying for a shepherds job :)
This poll is just to establish the primary reason one purchased the doll. Even if you allocate 49% of your dolly importance to doing other things with your doll or 25% cuddling, 35% photography and 40% sex, it woudl be sex.

The other pole will give a better idea of what doll owners do most with their dolls and how other things factor into the equation.
xxxooo Bianca
COVERDOLL
Galleries at ...
Coverdoll | Doll Forum

MrGrey

Post by MrGrey »

My first doll was bought for sex, but I have now more dolls,
and dolls are great actors in realising sexual fantasies :oops:

So I voted : Fantasy play :roll:
(as I see this option to cover realising of sexual fantasies)

My ranking is atm :
1. Fantasy play (option 6)
2. Sex (option 1)

MrGrey

8)

See my photo album ... .... here

Playtime
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by Playtime »

G'day everyone,....

Gramps wrote: I still think that sex is vague. If it means intercourse or copulation, why doesn't it say intercourse or copulation?
I've just voted: (cuddling / kissing / hanging out buddy without leading to sex/masturbation)
But I realy needed a combination so being able to select 2 would have made it better,...

Ok,.. I've had a bad day and its late here so I'm now going to ask a realy dumb question,....

Whats the differance between intercourse and copulation?

exits stage left,.....

Playtime.
Playing with dolls is a joy!

Kaori's Antics

WARNING:  The Dolls are starting to play back!

brotha-d

Post by brotha-d »

Gramps wrote: I still think that sex is vague. If it means intercourse or copulation, why doesn't it say intercourse or copulation?
Hehe... Did you just pull a Bill Clinton?? "I did not have sexual relations with *that* doll." :haha4:

I think this clearly defines Option 1. :lol:

zazakell
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by zazakell »

I see that sex is the leader by far in this particular poll....however I take careful note that surrogate partner is second at the moment with 14%.

I think that's quite significant.

I'm wondering (putting a spanner in the works) if the age of the Doll owner/partner is of importance? Methinks it is!

zazakell
Honi soit qui mal y pense. (Shame on those who think evil of dolls)

Erika
Doll
Doll

Post by Erika »

clairelenore wrote:well, i'm a doll, not a doll-owner, so i can't really answer the poll, but i asked msg if he'd like me to click one of the buttons for him, and he said, "you're not on there, claire. they need a button that says, 'to fill my life with a sense of shared beauty.'"

that made me feel really good.

although we sure do seem to have sex a lot too!
:wink:
I like that one.

Anyway, to me it seems that the reason my boyfriend got a doll in the first place was mostly sex, but that by now it's not the only (or even most important) reason he loves me.
This is my dollalbum, My (identical) twinsister Kim has her own album. We also have our own thread in the 4Woods subforum where we post our pics.

We had another sister Annika, her album also has a lot of pics of me.

IanEvans
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by IanEvans »

playtime wrote:Ok,.. I've had a bad day and its late here so I'm now going to ask a realy dumb question,....

Whats the differance between intercourse and copulation?
The spelling? :wink:
zazakell wrote:I see that sex is the leader by far in this particular poll....however I take careful note that surrogate partner is second at the moment with 14%.

I think that's quite significant.
My brain is hardwired with a desire for companionship. Genuine, intimate companionship that one just can't get with a mere friend. There's a reason the terms are "just friends" and "more than friends". No one refers to lovers as being "less than friends" or "not quite friends", y'know? And while sex is a vital component of that, it's still much, much more than that.

And when I find myself lamenting the fact that I've been single most of my life, it pisses me off to no end when the recipient friend replies with "Why's it so important to you?" :evil: My initial response is usually "Easy for you to say; you have a boyfriend/girlfriend." But really, am I so unique? Is that why the web is crawling with personals sites, because I'm such a rarity in my desire for a romantic relationship? Not only that, but the implication that there's something wrong with me because I can't simply shut off my desire, my need to have that in my life...and then come cliches. "No one can love you unless you love yourself" (as if every person on Earth with self-esteem issues is single :roll: ), or "when you stop looking for it, then you'll find it". A, that's impossible, since I'd only be pretending to give up in the vain hope that it'll somehow magically make it happen, and B, if that were true, then it would mean that there's an intelligent force behind the workings of the universe, which I am firmly convinced there isn't.

So I could could waste the rest of my life pining for something that will most likely never be, or can choose an alternative that'll at least partially fill the void. So when I have imaginary conversations with Caley, when I hold her and cuddle her and gaze into those beautiful green eyes and tell her that I love her...I may never be happy, but at the very least I've something to take the edge off the misery....

Click above to view my albums. :mrgreen:

You never truly feel that another person loves you. You can only react to the way they behave towards you. And when I look in Caley's eyes and see that same bittersweet longing I feel for her, whatever part of my brain knows it's not real doesn't seem to care...

laf_ange

Post by laf_ange »

Hello, I can not really vote because Yoko serves me several things, Companion of night just to sleep, sexual partner, model for photos.

Original post:
Bonjour, je ne peux pas vraiment voter car Yoko me sert a plusieurs choses, Compagne de nuit pour simplement dormir, compagne sexuelle, mannequin pour des photos.

LAF ! ! ... !
Sans enfant heureux et fier de l'être !
Childfree happy and proud to be!

Bianca
Site Owners Group
Site Owners Group

Post by Bianca »

zazakell wrote:I'm wondering (putting a spanner in the works) if the age of the Doll owner/partner is of importance? Methinks it is!
zazakell
No spanner there. From my research I already know that sex plays less of a roll in older single men, but a greater role in married men. Older men that have lost a spouse of many years often get used to sleeping with someone else in the bed. So the presence of a female form helps to fill the void.

Here is a testimonial from the Teddy Babe Website...

"My doll Akiko arrived two days ago and I want to write this letter to thank you. She is truly a work of art. I was not expecting such quality and perfection. ...The main reason I purchased her was just to have someone to sleep with. Please let me explain. I am sixty-five years old and after twenty-three years of a wonderful storybook marriage, my wife passed away two months ago. ...They say time heals and I sure hope so. ...For many years I have slept soundly all night long but now I toss and turn, waking up three and four times a night, and haven't got a restful night’s sleep since this happened. After doing some research on the internet, I picked your product in hopes that just having someone next to me would let me sleep better. ...Well, to make this letter short, I dressed her in a pair of pajamas, watched some TV, and then had the best and soundest sleep I have had in a long time. I'm not going into the psychology aspect of it, all I know is that it worked for me. Later on I'm sure I will explore her other attributes, but for now I am so happy I can get a good night’s sleep. Thank you for a very fine product. Please add me to your list of satisfied customers."

laf_ange wrote:Hello, I can not really vote because Yoko serves me several things, Companion of night just to sleep, sexual partner, model for photos.

Original post:
Bonjour, je ne peux pas vraiment voter car Yoko me sert a plusieurs choses, Compagne de nuit pour simplement dormir, compagne sexuelle, mannequin pour des photos.

LAF ! ! ... !
I would ask you this question, then. If you had to give up two of those which two would you give up? Or If you had to give up any one of those woudl you then not want the doll? OR If you could only have one of those three would you still keep the doll and if so which one would you want?
xxxooo Bianca
COVERDOLL
Galleries at ...
Coverdoll | Doll Forum

dwhite601
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by dwhite601 »

I voted for artificial companion. My dolls represent real and imaginary girls I was already attracted to.

I would have also voted for the photography and cuddling / kissing options.

David
See my girls Image

Bianca
Site Owners Group
Site Owners Group

Post by Bianca »

dwhite601 wrote:I voted for artificial companion. My dolls represent real and imaginary girls I was already attracted to.

I would have also voted for the photography and cuddling / kissing options.

David

Hey Dave, it is not what the doll represents but the owner psyche.

For instance by selecting 7 you are essentially saying that the doll is in place of a relationship. ie. You chose the doll as your primary one on one relationship instead of a human.
xxxooo Bianca
COVERDOLL
Galleries at ...
Coverdoll | Doll Forum

Szalinski
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by Szalinski »

janesays wrote:I set out to get a doll for sex but as time went on it evolved into an obsession with photography. <snip> 8) .
Over the past few months that I have been a member here I have noticed that to be a recurring theme: Buying [photogenic] doll leads to buying new photography equipment and getting into the hobby. And I have no doubt that this forum plays a good part in that.

So maybe we could drum up some advertizing/sponsorship; whatta y'all think? Nikon? Canon? Maybe Popular Photography? :mrgreen:
“If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.”
~ George Washington

Szalinski
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by Szalinski »

Ruby13 wrote:Bianca:

Which one...They all leave me for other Men!

Don @ Ruby 13
I wonder, Don, which is worse? The ones that leave you for other men or the ones tat leave you for other women?
“If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.”
~ George Washington

clairelenore
Doll
Doll

Post by clairelenore »

Erika wrote:
clairelenore wrote:well, i'm a doll, not a doll-owner, so i can't really answer the poll, but i asked msg if he'd like me to click one of the buttons for him, and he said, "you're not on there, claire. they need a button that says, 'to fill my life with a sense of shared beauty.'"

that made me feel really good.

although we sure do seem to have sex a lot too!
:wink:
I like that one.

Anyway, to me it seems that the reason my boyfriend got a doll in the first place was mostly sex, but that by now it's not the only (or even most important) reason he loves me.
you're such a sweetie, erika!

Bianca
Site Owners Group
Site Owners Group

Post by Bianca »

WOW, that was such a nice answer I wanted to add it to the poll, however by doing so it would zero all the votes so far :(
However, it did remind me that we did not allow for just plain admiration and viewing which is in essence 'Filling ones life with a sense of shared beauty'.

I will add this to the next pole for sure. And you certainly are beautiful.
xxxooo Bianca
COVERDOLL
Galleries at ...
Coverdoll | Doll Forum

INFORMATIONS