SexDollAmerica.com

POLL: What is the primary purpose of your love doll ?

Read about the latest TDF news here. Have an announcement that you would like to make? Here is the place to do it!

What is your primary purpose for owning/wanting a love doll?

sex and or sexual stimulation leading to and including copulation
46%
photography
7%
cuddling / kissing / hanging out buddy without leading to sex/masturbation
10%
artificial companion (I prefer my doll over an interactive human relationship)
13%
surrogate partner (helping to fill the void until ms/mr right comes along)
14%
fantasy play
4%
enhancement/supplement/compensation within existing human relationship
7%

Total votes: 589

midiman
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Re: POLL: What is the primary purpose of your doll ?

Post by midiman »

theodoric wrote:
midiman wrote: But when you think about how popular Mash was and Radar, you gotta ask...what if he'd had a Teddy babe instead of teddy bear ? LOL
rolling laughing . . if Radar would have had a Teddy Babe . . . Hawkeye and BJ would have stolen it from him and rented her out to Frank Burns 8O :P

Aha, another Mash Fan :)
Midiman...
My Doll photos... here in my Doll Album

Gabrielle BT ---- Libby Ruby13 ---- My Teddy Babes --- Bianca from Lars & the RG --- jessica Wicked RD ------ Aredhel PIB ------ Amaya 4woods - Kira Anatomical

jayo215
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by jayo215 »

I don't any right now. I had three. One was a gag gift; one I purchased and the third was a freebie for writing a review. (What kind of dolls do you get for free as a reviewer? Really cheap ones.)

I never found the dolls to be good as a focus of fantasy for me, and I never had the desire to photograph them. To me they were just somewhat elaborate sex toys.

midiman
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by midiman »

jayo215 wrote:I don't any right now. I had three. One was a gag gift; one I purchased and the third was a freebie for writing a review. (What kind of dolls do you get for free as a reviewer? Really cheap ones.)

I never found the dolls to be good as a focus of fantasy for me, and I never had the desire to photograph them. To me they were just somewhat elaborate sex toys.

That's pretty much how I saw them. However, when you get into the solid posable dolls, the playing field changes a bit. They tend to take on a little more personality.

Dang, I also just realized I left off one other type of usage...especially in the New Orleans area. I wonder if these life size anatomical dolls would make better VOODOO dolls than the little ones? :)
Midiman...

Gabrielle BT ---- Libby Ruby13 ---- My Teddy Babes --- Bianca from Lars & the RG --- jessica Wicked RD ------ Aredhel PIB ------ Amaya 4woods - Kira Anatomical

theodoric
Former Member

Post by theodoric »

midiman wrote:
theodoric wrote:
midiman wrote: But when you think about how popular Mash was and Radar, you gotta ask...what if he'd had a Teddy babe instead of teddy bear ? LOL
rolling laughing . . if Radar would have had a Teddy Babe . . . Hawkeye and BJ would have stolen it from him and rented her out to Frank Burns 8O :P

Aha, another Mash Fan :)
it was a great TV series :D
midiman wrote:
jayo215 wrote: I don't any right now. I had three. One was a gag gift; one I purchased and the third was a freebie for writing a review. (What kind of dolls do you get for free as a reviewer? Really cheap ones.)

That's pretty much how I saw them. However, when you get into the solid posable dolls, the playing field changes a bit. They tend to take on a little more personality.
same here . . the old original inflatables, and the early ones you could fill with foam . . they didnt even look like anything resembling human

the high end ones now . . . . . . when I can look at a pic and I have a hard time telling the difference between if she is a doll or is she a real person . . . then it becomes easy to suspend disbelief . . and when I finally get to own one . . . see her not as a doll . . . but as a loving companion with whom to share my life
midiman wrote: Dang, I also just realized I left off one other type of usage...especially in the New Orleans area. I wonder if these life size anatomical dolls would make better VOODOO dolls than the little ones? :)
a voodoo doll is nothing more than a "focus" so you can raise energy and project it so that you can affect the recipient . . hence the usual requirement to obtain something from the person you want to affect . . hair, fingernail clippings, etc . . . so in that respect . . yes a doll would make an even better focus, as long as you still follow the same basic rules for obtaining something from the person you wish to affect . . . and if you were using a Real Doll since they have an easily replaceable face . . you could use a photograph in place of the normal face . . or if you had the money someone could create a face that looked like who you wanted to affect :)

Darcrivt
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Darcrivt »

Whoa, whoa, whoa! Utilizing a silicone doll to practice vodoun sympathetic magic upon? Leaving aside the moral issues, can you imagine the expenditure involved? Especially if you're meaning to do harm, as you'd have to damage the doll to affect the target. I'll shut up now, don't want to deviate too far from the original topic.
Wizard's First Rule: People are stupid. They'll believe anything they hear so long as they hope or fear it could be true.

midiman
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by midiman »

theodoric wrote:a voodoo doll is nothing more than a "focus" so you can raise energy and project it so that you can affect the recipient . . hence the usual requirement to obtain something from the person you want to affect . . hair, fingernail clippings, etc . . . so in that respect . . yes a doll would make an even better focus, as long as you still follow the same basic rules for obtaining something from the person you wish to affect . . . and if you were using a Real Doll since they have an easily replaceable face . . you could use a photograph in place of the normal face . . or if you had the money someone could create a face that looked like who you wanted to affect :)
Now what IF that person was Matt McMullen? I wonder if a certain other doll maker out there might at this very moment be driving spikes into the shoulder of a Male ReaDoll :)

Actually my Voodoo comment was all in fun just as the above. I woudl sooner drive the nails through the heart of my intended target....why waste a good doll :)
Midiman...

Szalinski
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by Szalinski »

theodoric wrote:
midiman wrote: Dang, I also just realized I left off one other type of usage...especially in the New Orleans area. I wonder if these life size anatomical dolls would make better VOODOO dolls than the little ones? :)
a voodoo doll is nothing more than a "focus" so you can raise energy and project it so that you can affect the recipient . . hence the usual requirement to obtain something from the person you want to affect . . hair, fingernail clippings, etc . . . so in that respect . . yes a doll would make an even better focus, as long as you still follow the same basic rules for obtaining something from the person you wish to affect . . . and if you were using a Real Doll since they have an easily replaceable face . . you could use a photograph in place of the normal face . . or if you had the money someone could create a face that looked like who you wanted to affect :)
Okay, somebody knows far too much about this...

(Don't get him angry...you wouldn't like it when he's angry... 8O )
“If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.”
~ George Washington

Playtime
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by Playtime »

G'day everyone,....

In light of the new direction we seem to have taken,...
If your doll can be used as a focus for your intent to another,...

OMG!

Can you imagine with all those Wicked Dolls now out there,....
Those real girls will be haveing almost continual Oragasims!!!!!!

:razz: :razz: 8O

I'm just say'in,....
:wink:

Playtime.
Playing with dolls is a joy!

Kaori's Antics

WARNING:  The Dolls are starting to play back!

theodoric
Former Member

Post by theodoric »

Szalinski wrote:
theodoric wrote: a voodoo doll is nothing more than a "focus" so you can raise energy and project it so that you can affect the recipient . . hence the usual requirement to obtain something from the person you want to affect . . hair, fingernail clippings, etc . . . so in that respect . . yes a doll would make an even better focus, as long as you still follow the same basic rules for obtaining something from the person you wish to affect . . . and if you were using a Real Doll since they have an easily replaceable face . . you could use a photograph in place of the normal face . . or if you had the money someone could create a face that looked like who you wanted to affect :)

oh . . you noticed that did you 8) :twisted:

(and the Hulk reference was great :D )
midiman wrote: Now what IF that person was Matt McMullen? I wonder if a certain other doll maker out there might at this very moment be driving spikes into the shoulder of a Male ReaDoll :)
:haha4:
midiman wrote: Actually my Voodoo comment was all in fun just as the above. I woudl sooner drive the nails through the heart of my intended target....why waste a good doll :)
I knew it was in good fun :lol: . . that's why it so much fun to keep the ball rolling on that idea with a "serious" :twisted: post

I couldnt see ruining a perfectly good doll either . . . . now . . . . using a doll as the component for a love spell to bring some cute little hollywood hottie into my life . . . . welllllllllllll . . that might worth doing :razz:
playtime wrote:G'day everyone,....

In light of the new direction we seem to have taken,...
If your doll can be used as a focus for your intent to another,...

OMG!

Can you imagine with all those Wicked Dolls now out there,....
Those real girls will be haveing almost continual Oragasims!!!!!!

:razz: :razz: 8O

I'm just say'in,....
:wink:

Playtime.
I'd rather just focus on my doll when I get her . . she would be much happier as the center of my attentions . . than my using her to focus on some other girl :?

CuriousGeorgina
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by CuriousGeorgina »

I don't own any dolls yet, but I know I want two for sure.

The first is going to be a male companion from Lovable Dolls. I have yet to find a more attractive (in my opinion) male love doll on the market. The realism is mind-blowing and he's 100% my type physically. I'm already entertaining names for him-- "Jesse" is the forerunner-- and a list of his likes/dislikes.
I'm sure a lot of doll owners are familiar with that feeling: you find the doll you were meant to have and their whole backstory naturally unfolds in your head. :)

The second is going to be a very lovely Body 8 Face 9 missy from RealDoll. No name or extensive personality for her yet, but I kind of picture her as an ultra-cool and sexy chick with an affinity for vinyl. She'll be another playmate, but mostly act as a model and muse.

Bianca
Site Owners Group
Site Owners Group

Post by Bianca »

CuriousGeorgina wrote:I don't own any dolls yet, but I know I want two for sure...... She'll be another playmate, but mostly act as a model and muse.
Wow, you do plan ahead :) Welcome to TDF, BTW. Hope you took the poll.

The male doll market is severely lacking in choice and is driven by the gay market. Not many hetero females buying teh male dolls yet, but it would be great if they did. Then owners could double date :)
xxxooo Bianca
COVERDOLL
Galleries at ...
Coverdoll | Doll Forum

CuriousGeorgina
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by CuriousGeorgina »

Bianca wrote:Wow, you do plan ahead :) Welcome to TDF, BTW. Hope you took the poll.

The male doll market is severely lacking in choice and is driven by the gay market. Not many hetero females buying teh male dolls yet, but it would be great if they did. Then owners could double date :)
Haha, I think I overcompensate because I don't have the dolls, so I daydream about them constantly; and thanks! I'm happy to be a member of the forum. :)

It's a shame there's not a huge variety of male dolls, but I can understand why. There's never going to be as much demand for them as for female dolls, even if women/gay men start buying left and right. Really, I'm just thrilled that I found a male doll that suits me as well as the LD.
Double-dating sounds like such a cute idea! A nice dinner party at one owner's house where you could chat over pasta 'n wine while your dolls size each other up. I love it!

Szalinski
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by Szalinski »

theodoric wrote:
Szalinski wrote:
theodoric wrote: a voodoo doll is nothing more than a "focus" so you can raise energy and project it so that you can affect the recipient . . hence the usual requirement to obtain something from the person you want to affect . . hair, fingernail clippings, etc . . . so in that respect . . yes a doll would make an even better focus, as long as you still follow the same basic rules for obtaining something from the person you wish to affect . . . and if you were using a Real Doll since they have an easily replaceable face . . you could use a photograph in place of the normal face . . or if you had the money someone could create a face that looked like who you wanted to affect :)

oh . . you noticed that did you 8) :twisted:

(and the Hulk reference was great :D )
Thanks, but although he may have popularized it, I don't think that David Banner invented that saying.
“If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.”
~ George Washington

Rollins

Post by Rollins »

It should read > sex and or sexual stimulation leading to and including copulation AND photography but I voted Option #1. It's for play time, and strangely enough, the older I get... the more razzed up I seem to be getting, not the other way around.

calpolygradstudent
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by calpolygradstudent »

For those that report being married, what does your wife think about the dolls? does she enjoy them as well?

INFORMATIONS