DeeDee
PIB
Tamara

Got my PIB delivered Thursday!

Love dolls built by Patrick a.k.a. Toonist.
toonist
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Re: Got my PIB delivered Thursday!

Post by toonist »

This whole fear of delivery people trying out dolls is, I hope, some sort of urban legend. Perhaps it has happened to someone else, but, knock on wood, not here.
We also just ordered new boxes last week which will have a slightly thicker wall. As I said, we've had no problems...and that includes with boxes opening or being opened. It just has yet to happen.
We shrink wrap our boxes as well for extra security. If they had been opened it would be obvious.
Fear Not!! :) 8) :wink: :mrgreen:
P

HotDiggityDoll
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by HotDiggityDoll »

toonist wrote:This whole fear of delivery people trying out dolls is, I hope, some sort of urban legend. Perhaps it has happened to someone else, but, knock on wood, not here.
We also just ordered new boxes last week which will have a slightly thicker wall. As I said, we've had no problems...and that includes with boxes opening or being opened. It just has yet to happen.
We shrink wrap our boxes as well for extra security. If they had been opened it would be obvious.
Fear Not!! :) 8) :wink: :mrgreen:
P
Even with your reassurance, I may request my doll (when I finally order) be dressed in a chastity belt for shipping, you can mail the key. :lol:
My Doll Album is here!

Szalinski
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by Szalinski »

I love the freckles; they add so much somehow.
“If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.”
~ George Washington

Zarnon
Former Member

Post by Zarnon »

Also, of course we add hair down there. Perhaps there was just some misunderstanding. Personally. I'd leave it off, but there are certainly instances where it adds a great deal of realism to the doll. We can certainly send that along to you.
I think you and Hiroo's woman do the best job. I've seen the pubic patches offered and they're night and day to the work you do.

The main way to preserve the hair is not grind over it. Or have Patrick do some research into industrial strength shag carpet.

Agreed on the freckles. Patrick does great placement. Some overdo it or create the pattern incorrectly. Another kudo to PIB!
Fall down 7 times, get up 8.

janesays
Ex-Member

Post by janesays »

Trevor126 wrote:janesays--not to worry--I'm a leg and booty man myself and I've taken plenty of shots to prove that.
WooHoo! That's nice. Here is a nice Butt thread for your viewing pleasure:

http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=30752
Trevor126 wrote:I've been trying some different looks with Allison --with different wigs and make-up and clothing and hope to have those pics uploaded soon.
Excellent. Variety is the spice of life. 8)
The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself.

Bianca
Site Owners Group
Site Owners Group

Post by Bianca »

Congratulations, She is a beautiful doll. Hope you find much enjoyment in having her in your life.
xxxooo Bianca
COVERDOLL
Galleries at ...
Coverdoll | Doll Forum

trevor126
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by trevor126 »

Thanks Bianca! I think Patrick really out-did himself on this one.
It's funny but I'm actually finding one of the more enjoyable aspects of having Allison is dressing her up and taking pictures of her--something that I never knew I'd even be remotely interested in.
It's got me thinking about getting a real camera. (which I'm sure after having spent the dosh to buy a PIB is going to be a really tough sell to the Mrs... :) )
If anyone is interested in seeing them-- I've posted some more pics of Allison here:
http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/th ... album=3650
and here: http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/th ... album=3651

janesays
Ex-Member

Post by janesays »

Trevor126 wrote:It's funny but I'm actually finding one of the more enjoyable aspects of having Allison is dressing her up and taking pictures of her--something that I never knew I'd even be remotely interested in.
The same phenomenon happened to me as well. I love the challenge.
When I started out Trevor,all I spent on a camera was a little over $200. I got a Sony Cybershot DSC-W350. It takes awesome pictures. I wanted to make sure I enjoyed the photography thing before I got something more expensive. There is a variety of good cameras out there for a decent price. Don't upset the Mrs. though,when my doll got here I spent a ton of money so my wife then gave me a spending limit. :(
A great shot of that PIB booty
Without a doubt. That's the money shot:
normal_Allison_071.jpg
normal_Allison_071.jpg (41.65 KiB) Viewed 1966 times
The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself.

trevor126
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by trevor126 »

lol--yeah-- I definitely see a spending limit in my future. Thanks for the tip about the camera. Can you suggest something inexpensive I could look at in the way of lighting?

AlbertE

Post by AlbertE »

Lovely Doll. Very beautiful & good to see.

janesays
Ex-Member

Post by janesays »

Trevor126 wrote:Can you suggest something inexpensive I could look at in the way of lighting?
Sure :) . I use clamp lights($12) that can be picked up at Home Depot or Lowe's along with these full spectrum light bulbs($8):

http://www.homedepot.com/Electrical-Lig ... ogId=10053

Clamp lights:
zzzz 102 [1600x1200].JPG
zzzz 102 [1600x1200].JPG (174.85 KiB) Viewed 1958 times
Here is a couple of threads that may help you out some:

http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=29736

http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=17601

Also there are tons of Youtube videos on photography techniques. I hope you have lots of fun Trevor. :D

trevor126
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by trevor126 »

Clamp lights....! (smacks forehead) duh! Don't know why I didn't think of that---we already have a few of those in the garage. Looks like I'll be a busy boy this weekend!
Thanks for the links as well.

jediguy1019
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by jediguy1019 »

I'm really impressed with what I am seeing out of PIB...congrats on the new doll!

jerryboy
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by jerryboy »

It's nice to see your pictures Trevor and under the circumstances they are fine. I have been photographing landscapes and wildlife for the last 15 yrs so I
have some experience to help guide you on your new ventures. First off, if you want to take serious pictures, you need a camera that has a lens that is
changeable. This means you can grow with your camera as you later on buy wide lens or telescopic lens. Secondly you need a camera that gives you control
over some key lighting issues. A camera that has aperture and speed settings and also comes with pre-programed auto settings. This will allow you to boost
low level lighting situations that a "vacation/consumer" camera which typically cost under 300.00 cannot do. For instance if you shoot in a dark room with one of these
"less expensive" camera's, your automatic light sensor will slow the camera's shutter speed to allow more time to stay open to catch more light. What this means is that any vibration on the camera will cause the picture to blur since the shutter is open longer. So all in all, save your money for a better camera, like a Nikon or Canon inexpensive DSLR camera's, for e.g. a Canon Rebel or Nikon D40 which will take you to a level of control that will allow you to make lighting adjustments cheaper camera's cannot do. You can add portable lights found at the Home Depot, but these lights will only cast warm "White Light" and cause shadows and uneven lighting. It will be obvious when you see the results. So take your time and save up for the real deal. Remember there are lots of great camera's on ebay that camera enthusiast have dis carded for newer models and work perfectly fine. Just some advice from a real camera lover.

trevor126
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by trevor126 »

Thanks for the advice jerryboy.
I'm thinking I'm probably going to just stick with my iphone camera for now and when I've gone as far as I can with that-- look into getting something at the next level.
I have actually been looking at some camera's on ebay the last few days but I really had no idea what I was looking for.
So I appreciate your giving me some more names and models of cameras that I can research and compare and maybe find something close to.

INFORMATIONS