DeeDee
PIB
Tamara

PIBs with Tan Lines?

Love dolls built by Patrick a.k.a. Toonist.
blindwebster
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Re: PIBs with Tan Lines?

Post by blindwebster »

I swear, the dolls just seem to be getting better and better. Makes choosing a real pain in the ass, but I would not have it any other way beings that I will soon be buying one.

toonist
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Post by toonist »

Hi,
Here are a couple shots from a piece that we sent out yesterday.
She has some tan lines and freckles..and nipple piercings. Nice combination!
All the best,
Patrick
Attachments
Hope w tan.jpg
Hope w tan.jpg (60.64 KiB) Viewed 1995 times
Hope bra tan.jpg
Hope bra tan.jpg (62.34 KiB) Viewed 1995 times

itsme
Manufacturer Affiliated
Manufacturer Affiliated

Post by itsme »

toonist wrote:Hi,
Here is one of our "tan line " pieces...we're finishing another with a lighter skin tone today.
I just sent info to my web guy so this option will be available for any doll order.
Hope all is well.
P

MY god that is one sexy doll. :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

blindwebster
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by blindwebster »

All the best,
Patrick
Hope with black hair and coffee gelato skin tone = one drool-worthy doll. Love that eye makeup as well. Really accentuates the eyes.

timetraveler1
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by timetraveler1 »

hi toonist , from what i see of the tan lines they look good any more below tan line shots and even back tan line shots , also are you planning on any birthmaks of simular ? great work i knew you could do it adds more to the realism and thats always a good thing. :D

omni69

Post by omni69 »

As always great work and nice shot. love the first pic especially! so realistic looking. the tan lines looks great!

Incognito
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Incognito »

Wow. The tan lines look awesome. Its like having a delicious sundae and then adding sprinkles, peanuts and a cherry on top! In just the last year Patrick has added clit/lip options, redesigned the vaginal insert, made multiple new faces, added a warmer option to the dolls, is working on a smaller doll body, and now tan lines are an option (this is in addition to the plethora of options already available). I mean damn, no one else is doing THIS much for their customers and product. Keep up the good work Pat, and I am still saving for what we discussed a while ago. Still on track for after the new year.
....one can be sure of nothing until it has already happened....

blindwebster
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by blindwebster »

Is it just me or do the titties seem to be a bit fuller? Either way, they sure do look tasty. :razz:

dollypop
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by dollypop »

All the best,
Patrick

Wow, i like the tan lines, makes it look even more realistic. But there is something about the eyes...They seem bigger than than average. Other dolls from you ive seen have smaler eyes i believe, am i correct?

toonist
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Post by toonist »

The Hope face seems to lend itself to lots of different looks.
The eyes are no bigger on this face, though in the original sculpture I think I opened them up a bit.
Her eyes often seem quite wide open to me as well. It's easy to adjust them for different looks.
There is a little opening just behind the eyes that allows for the eyes to be manipulated.

We got a beautiful snowy day here, so yesterday while molding we celebrated with hot chocolate and cookies. One cannot live on beer alone..
The Christmas music is playing in the studio and the little elves are pouring boobs...
Attachments
photo-63.jpg
photo-63.jpg (172.42 KiB) Viewed 1768 times

Szalinski
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by Szalinski »

Hey Pat, here's a possible idea (I say possible because I'm not familiar with silicone molding). This comes from a short job I had at Owens Corning's "Cultured Stone" plant. They make the faux stone facings for architectural use, and they look very realistic, at least to the less knowledgeable. As a former "rock hound" obviously I can spot the falsehood, but sometimes it takes a very close look to see it. But I digress...

To achieve this effect they sprinkle the minerals and "paints" as a powder into the mold before pouring the special "concrete". This allows different colors and shadings to actually soak into each individual stone. And of course by doing it by hand it gives the random-ness that would occur in nature. Is there a way you could incorporate something like this into your doll molding? Somehow add the tan line pattern into the mold before pouring? Perhaps by painting it onto the mold surface? Theoretically to be absorbed into the mix as it cured giving it a "natural" looking skin shading that would be an actual part of the silicone so it wouldn't wear off like the regular after-mold paint jobs.
“If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.”
~ George Washington

toonist
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Post by toonist »

That last part you said. "Like the regular after-mold paint jobs"....is rather back in the old days thinking. Back when dolls were cast (or even the prosthetics I was making) in tin silicone, oil was often added for softening. Eventually this oil wants to leach itself to the surface and thus puts a layer between the silicone paint and the painted object. So, the paint would have nothing to adhere to, and rub off.
It's one of the reasons I stopped making prosthetics. The materials wouldn't do what I wanted them to. Platinum cured silicone is a completely different animal.
We started making our dolls from day one in platinum for that reason. At that point the Boy Toys were platinum and Ruby 13 may have been as well.
It's a lot more expensive. But worth it in so many ways.

Also, we have a bit of a "secret" formula for making sure our coloring sticks. It's not rocket science, but it came from a particularly frustrating week I was having last year with the paints I was using not doing the job. Sometimes it can be as simple a problem as the mold release you are using is interfering, sometimes it seems the phase of the moon must have some influence. We figured out a unique way that works for us.
Anyway,
If you look closely at our labias, they are made the way you mentioned. Inner painted layers , with a special additive for realism as well.
To do this for a whole body would be prohibitive and also you would run the risk of layers not sticking together. Platinum is particularly sensitive in that regard. We are beginning to use the "paint it from the inside" technique for our heads however. It's all about making layers and layers.
There may indeed be a way to create the tan lines from the inside that we just need to try. As a mater of fact, as I write this something comes to mind. Now, see what you've done!! :)
P

CharlieWone
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by CharlieWone »

Merry Christmas Pat,

Now see what you've done...

Happy Hotty-days from Lana
Lana-xmas.JPG
Lana-xmas.JPG (198.85 KiB) Viewed 1737 times
And Naughty-nights from Nyki...
Nyki-xmas.JPG
Nyki-xmas.JPG (267.29 KiB) Viewed 1737 times
Well Done!!

toonist
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Post by toonist »

Charlieone,
Your pics always amaze.
Gives a new meaning to "Yule Log"...
I'm definitely in the Christmas spirit now!
Thanks, P

Zarnon
Former Member

Post by Zarnon »

WOW great job Patrick. Make life harder for me willya? Awesome looking tan lines.
Fall down 7 times, get up 8.

INFORMATIONS