DeeDee
PIB
Tamara

How do you manage the weight of your doll?

Love dolls built by Patrick a.k.a. Toonist.
jerryboy
Active Poster
Active Poster

How do you manage the weight of your doll?

Post by jerryboy »

:plaidskirt: It's been awhile since I first owned my first Real Doll and the thing that I remember the most about the doll, was the unexpected weight of her. She was dead weight alright and I almost threw my back out before I found ways to handle it. I wonder if any of you PIB owners can tell us how you move your companion around from your dolls place of rest and over to the bedroom?

timetraveler1
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Re: How do you manage the weight of your doll?

Post by timetraveler1 »

ALTHOUGH i am not a pib doll owner (yet lol ) and haven't moved one , i can only tell you what way i would do it if i had one . i would place the doll in a rolling office type chair (with shoes on ) place the hands inwards down on her legs so as to not hit them against anything and after rolling her to another area then lift her out and place her in the new area , to me that would seem like the best way to do it . that's not from experience of doing it only from what i would see as the best way . :D

EBF
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by EBF »

timetraveler1 wrote:ALTHOUGH i am not a pib doll owner (yet lol ) and haven't moved one , i can only tell you what way i would do it if i had one . i would place the doll in a rolling office type chair (with shoes on ) place the hands inwards down on her legs so as to not hit them against anything and after rolling her to another area then lift her out and place her in the new area , to me that would seem like the best way to do it . that's not from experience of doing it only from what i would see as the best way . :D
Yeah, that's how I move Erika (4 Woods Neo, 35 kg) as well.
Or carry her bridal style.
I have two AI Neo Yuki dolls: Erika and Kim Ishino. They've got their own thread in the 4Woods forum.
Kim has a girlfriend: Erika Juliana Clark, she's got her own thread in the Yourdoll forum.
And then there is Alexandra Seizinger, who also has her own album and thread.

Lexi (a Phicen/TBleague doll) likes to travel.

CharlieWone
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by CharlieWone »

Hey jerryboy,
I've got a couple PIB girls and they can be a handful!
With the head on they weight about 80 pounds, and like you said, that's dead weight.
I would say it's the equivalent of carrying a 120-130 pound girl who has her arms around your neck for support.
I usually pick mine up in a bridal carry, one arm under her knees and the other across her back.
If it's a short move, I usually leave the head on (very sexy to carry her with her head leaning on your shoulder) :wink:
If it's a longer move, or it's my Ayla (the Bella head is the heaviest) I'll remove the head before moving her.
Tie her hands in front on her lap with a necktie first, so you don't have to worry about the fingers getting mushed by accident.
Bend at the knees as much as possible, which can be tough if she's sitting in a deeply cushioned chair, forcing you to lean forward to get her.
If that's the case, instead of my arm under her knees in front of me, I'll reach across and bring my arm under her knees from the other side,
pulling her back against me. Lots easier to move her if you can get her against you, then if you have to reach out for her.
Most of her weight is in her hips and ass so I'll usually sit her up at the edge of her seat before lifting.
If I need to carry her longer distances (like from PIB's studio to my car, or from the car to inside) after tieing her hands together,
I stoop down and let her fall over my shoulder, then carry her like a Tarzan used to carry Jane!
Patrick had a laugh when I pulled out oven mitts to encase her hands when I picked her up at his shop. :D

Apronista
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Apronista »

Carrying around heavy dolls is lifting weights. Seems to me the most obvious thing would be to make your lifting muscles strong. If you have strong back muscles it will support your spine and you won't throw it out of whack. Learn proper form and build up to doing heavy squats, walking lunges, and deadlifts with free weights. It's SO worth the effort, your body will feel better, and any present or future lady in your life won't complain that you're able to hoist her up and hold her against a wall for a while either, trust me! lol I don't know what level of shape you're in, and I'm not trying to be a douche and dis on you, I'm just saying that the benefits for me personally have been overwhelmingly awesome in many ways, and despite having the physical disadvantage of being a girl, the gym blows away that disadvantage and I'm pretty darn confident about getting a doll because I know I can handle her and not hurt myself or need someone to help me out, and I used to be someone whose back hurt all day long just sitting in my chair in the office and had a hard time carrying around a box full of books. If you have physical issues that would prevent you from being able to lift weights (like if you've had back surgery and your doc says you can't) then technique and finding ways to cart her around on something else are the only options of course. But really, getting stronger and better at lifting weights is going to be the best way to get better at lifting and transporting the dead weight of your doll.

scubasteve

Post by scubasteve »

Although Kelly is not PIB, and she is the most petit RD at 75 lbs., I still managed to screw up my back moving her. Not from one room to another, but simply changing her postion on the sofa!
I always use the "lift with your knees" bridal carry,but I didn't think about that twisting while carrying a weight is even more of a strain than straight foreward moving.
It took me over a week to get over, and still have a slight twinge now and then.
I tried using an office chair, but the wheels kept getting caught on the rug edges, so I still carry her.
I have a mental check list I go down before lifting:
1) Back Straight
2) Knees Bent
3) Arms cose to Body
4) Tighten Stomach Muscles
5) On Three, one, two, three, LIFT!

The WORST time I hurt my back though, was moving a set of "doubles"; two scuba tanks fastened together (about 120lbs). I was putting them in my van after a dive.I could barely move for two weeks.
So moving Kelly is no sweat, plus she's CUTE! :D
.............._[:]o

"L'amor Conquista Todo"

an old riddle-
Q:What are the TALLEST things in the world?
A:A woman's legs; they reach from the GROUND all the way to HEAVEN!

mrmalek

Post by mrmalek »

Although I am waiting for my little bundle of joy (a PIB for me!) to arrive, I have designed and constructed a "ship lift" system, replete with a motorized heavy duty winch and track. (Well ok, just a little over kill here). You may try the "bridal carry", but if your back is as weak as mine, a wheelchair or something similar (possibly a dolly) (not to be confused with dollie) with retainers to hold your PIB from falling off. Be sure to protect the hands (with plastic bags or gloves) would be a a good idea. And............take your time! Though the PIB body is rugged, unforeseen hazards do pop up when you least expect it. A few commercial dollie carriers are available, and the cost may well outweigh (and weight is an issue) the pain and agony of a back injury. Good luck!!!!! (And if you are not in a hurry, wait for Toonist to offer the new Aria body.............it will be lighter and, possibly the HOTTEST of any of the dollies offered today).

mission

Post by mission »

I found it was easy for Bella to slip right through my arms in the bridal carry position because her arms and especially legs would flop about. Once she started to go it was very difficult to hang on to her and she ended up on the floor a couple of times. Now before moving her I tie her legs together at the knees and at the ankles using what was a full length thigh high ladies sock that is made of very soft material. I tie her hands together at the front using an old pair of tights. Then I get a good grip around her back and under her knees. So far this has been a safe way to carry her from bed to chair. I don't like to take her head off as this destroys the illusion of realism.

beardygoat
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by beardygoat »

i can use Cassi ,Jane,to do one arm curls if i want. 32 lbs. perfect for a workout. easily! that is how I handle the weight.
BG

[picture removed by Incognito]
[please do not post pictures of other dolls in other manufacturers forums unless it is relevant to the conversation and it is made known that the doll in the picture is 'xyz' (i.e. Cassidoll, RealDoll....)]

Szalinski
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by Szalinski »

Like many others I don't own a PIB either (although since the release of their oral Gaia head they are in the running!). Sharon, as a RD B-6 is one of the lighter full sized simuloid/dolls, yet 85 pounds when it is not helping is a lot to handle. For general moving around I use a wheelchair, as it's a lot more stable than a dolly, and the wheels can be locked (the adjustable leg braces are nice two when carting her through brushy areas).

But for lifting I employ either the bridal carry, of if hanging her I wrap my arms around her torso under the arms, one hand under her TLA* and the other holding the hook guiding her where she needs to be.

(*Tight Little Ass)
“If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.”
~ George Washington

ipani
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by ipani »

Apronista wrote:Carrying around heavy dolls is lifting weights. Seems to me the most obvious thing would be to make your lifting muscles strong... But really, getting stronger and better at lifting weights is going to be the best way to get better at lifting and transporting the dead weight of your doll.
spot on, Apronista.
for moving full size dolls about, it's either get yerself
really strong, or leave all the heavy lifting to the upstairs butler... :lol:
Hello... I'm the Happiness Fairy, I've sprinkled happy dust on you. So Smile dammit. This stuff is expensive!!

tigerwhite
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by tigerwhite »

IDK. 80 lbs just doesn't seem that heavy to me. Not really an issue, But I guess it's because I lift heavier equipment at work almost everyday tho.

B3F11dolly
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by B3F11dolly »

120 lbs here, approximately. I never made it to the scales with dolly... The weight sounds like you can handle it, because technically, as for what the number means as such (gravity), you can lift it. Just this is a doll, complex form, grabbing things, fragile. So you can't handle it properly. I saw body builders here posting "so what, I can bench press 250 lbs without breaking a sweat", and once dolly was home, they said they can't move her properly.

What I mainly did to "handle" the weight, that is to accept that I cannot handle it. This meant, as sad as it is, that I reduced moving dolly to an absolute minimun : bed -> wall bracket -> bed, a bit more than a meter of distance. This kept dolly safe, and my health as well.

jerryboy
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by jerryboy »

It's great that you all replied to my question with really good suggestions. I like the suggestion which implies that I can start working out to strengthen my back and stomach muscles. This is a great idea since I need to work out anyway, so I bought a used treadmill and an excercise ball and crunch bench and so far I have stayed on the routine and lost 15 pounds. Now the other ideas on body mechanics is good medicine too. I already have had previous back spasm's since I am tall and injured back muscles bending over incorrectly sometime ago and wish not to go there again. I am thinking of getting a used wheelchair actually to put Hope in when transporting around the house. May not be sexy, but it should work, but I haven't quite decided that yet until I get my order. Thanks to you all for your suggestions!

mystical

Post by mystical »

I agree with vanessa, the less distance you have to move her, the less chance of injury and damage. Mine is rd b-3 heavy be beutifull, storage is in the walk in closet, the bed or office, very close to where we get together. Storing my future ruby may be a challenge as she doesent hang but she's also lighter and may store somewhere flat much Easier

INFORMATIONS