DeeDee
PIB
Tamara

Monique

Love dolls built by Patrick a.k.a. Toonist.
omni69

Monique

Post by omni69 »

Everybody say hello to Monique ( Bella Face) .

I had been a member here on the doll forum for a while and had finally got the chance to post my review and display my Monique for all to see here.

I received her this year May 19th as she arrived via UPS. the box was pretty beat up but thank god Patrick had wrapped her in plenty of bubble wrapped so there was no damaged at all to the doll. I had first put down a deposit back in Dec 09 and made payments to Patrick until she was paid in full by April.

Now here is my review:

Shipping
could of been better, but I blame UPS for mishandling the box , but all and all no damage to the body. the only mishap was a bent eyelash of the eye and Patrick gladly fixed that for me. the body was wrapped in a sheet and plenty of bubble wrap. I find it easy to move her around if you have an office chair that is adjustable in height and you can just roll her from room to room. or the i just pick her up facing me with my hands under her arms. I'm not a tall or big guy. I'm just 5:6 and weigh 150 lbs and have no trouble moving her around but keep in mind she still is dead weight . after unwrapping her I gently powered her with some baby powdered which made her skin feel even more softer.

Face:
Bella head since I could not make up my mind between her the Eden , so I went with the Bella face with dark lipstick and brunette wig.

Body :
Bathing beauty of course , let me just say this is truly a work of art . so realistic looking. I got her with French manicure nails the hands and feet do not have any wire in them so they do flop around a little . the details in those are so stunning , I also went for the big bean clit and yes I was the first one to request that and now I hear is a big hit for Patrick. the insert is removable and easy to clean . and the feeling is very good , her butt is just the right sized for me . not too big nor small.
Boobs: who could ask for better looking boobs , perfect for her body they are not hard nor ultra soft but firm with perky nipples and will not sag. the only minor thing was her big toe nails fell off and I had saved those which can be easily glued back on , other than that she is flawless!

Here are some pics: and my gallery can be seen here most of the pics were taken just last month so people could see that there are no damaged.
http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/th ... album=3826

Storage:
I had mostly kept her locked in the spare bedroom lying down on the bed and sometime sitting on a pillow in a chair since it is easier to move her around like that. unfornately I had not paid much attention to her since I had been busy taken care of my elderly parents whom are not doing well (especially my mom). on top of that my sister is going through a bad divorce and will be moving in with her kids right after the New Years which leads to me either putting her in storage elsewhere or selling her, so I had decided to sell my Monique as she will be listed in the Buy and Sell part of the this forum.

I regret that I have to do this , but I rather see her go to a nice home and when things settled here I can always purchase another PIB

scubasteve

Re: Monique

Post by scubasteve »

Congratulations! :glou:
You should be VERY happy! :D :D :D
Be sure to get her a Doll Account so she can post, too! :thumbs_up:
.............._[:]o

"L'amor Conquista Todo"

an old riddle-
Q:What are the TALLEST things in the world?
A:A woman's legs; they reach from the GROUND all the way to HEAVEN!

Incognito
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Incognito »

Its sad that you'll be selling her, but I suppose that it will benefit someone else to buy a doll at a discount. Why not just put her in storage? Just make sure that she has a bed to lay on and come once a week to make sure that she isn't getting any lines or marks from the way she is laying on the bed. If she has a neck hook that makes things even easier because you can just hang her up and don't have to worry about pressure imperfections. Paying $40.00-$50.00 per month seems a small price to pay for keeping your doll. Just my opinion though.
....one can be sure of nothing until it has already happened....

timetraveler1
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by timetraveler1 »

from what i understand the selling of his doll (or should i say art work because that's also what this is and a masterpiece at that) is because of the heavy unrealized weight of the doll(although some dolls on the market are about 40? pounds heavier!) this is why it is soooo important for doll makers to get the weight down while at the same time finding that durability point in dolls for new would be owners i am glad that this problem is being tackled i have read that toonist is already making his lighter doll even more lighter so some day doll owners won't have to make the tough choice of having to sell the doll because of weight issues.
toonist is keeping ahead of the game.
and even though some may have sold their doll hang in their and you will be able to rebuy a lighter doll with the same great qaulities toonist is coming to the rescue. :)

omni69

Post by omni69 »

HI Timetraveler. No it wasn't the weight of the doll that bothered , it was nothing that had to do with the doll but my living situation since my sister is moving in with her kids and there will be litterally no room here to hide her. but I do agree with you , a lighter doll would be easier to move around and stuff

Inognito I did not want to put her in Storaged either since I do not drive and would have to get someone to drive me to and from , storage her in NY is much higher also. but I would not want to do that to the doll. I did find her a new home , it was sold to another member on the DF.
I am a big fan fo Patrick's work. and I will one day purchase another PIB when things settled down here and my sister moves out, but it wont be for a while.

INFORMATIONS