DeeDee
PIB
Tamara

question about the new smaller dolls

Love dolls built by Patrick a.k.a. Toonist.
timetraveler1
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

question about the new smaller dolls

Post by timetraveler1 »

i have a question about the new smaller dolls , actually several if patrick has the time to answer them . (this may be another one of those save the questions and answers on your forum site for most frequently asked questions :)
on the new doll series you are making .

1. will the current heads fit them ( i hope so , and besides that it would give doll owners access to previous nice heads (faces) .
2. what is the bust size? what size bra will fit it?
3 panties size what size fits?
4. shoe size?
5. shirt and pants size ( i know some sizes vary but just an idea or actual size from a store) . we know it will be petite .
6. weight ( i think i have heard 60 pounds?)
6.will these also have the wire fingers for posing?
Also personally i think you should have some sort of small stamp or something that won't come off with a date and name of your doll company in a small area on the top of the head that would be hid under the wig. but that's just me .

Szalinski
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Re: question about the new smaller dolls

Post by Szalinski »

timetraveler1 wrote:i have a question about the new smaller dolls , actually several if patrick has the time to answer them . (this may be another one of those save the questions and answers on your forum site for most frequently asked questions :)
on the new doll series you are making .

1. will the current heads fit them ( i hope so , and besides that it would give doll owners access to previous nice heads (faces) .
2. what is the bust size? what size bra will fit it?
3 panties size what size fits?
4. shoe size?
5. shirt and pants size ( i know some sizes vary but just an idea or actual size from a store) . we know it will be petite .
6. weight ( i think i have heard 60 pounds?)
6.will these also have the wire fingers for posing?
Also personally i think you should have some sort of small stamp or something that won't come off with a date and name of your doll company in a small area on the top of the head that would be hid under the wig. but that's just me .

I'd like to know myself, especially questions 1 & 2.
“If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.”
~ George Washington

fuji

Post by fuji »

I can't say it for sure, but at my knowledge, the existing faces will fit the new bod. However, this new body is an occasion for Patrick to create a new line of faces, that will probably be better proportionned, because specially develloped for this new bod.
For the last question, as finger wires are already an option on the first bod, I don't see why it wouldn't be the same for this new one...
Concerning your suggestion timetraveller, I find it particulary pertinent!! It's an excellent idea, and such "birthdate" should be included on the top of the head as you suggested, but also on the top of the neck. This way, if the doll is sold by the first owner, the buyers will know how old she is without a doubt...

toonist
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Post by toonist »

Hey hey,
I like the idea of "Birth-dating" the pieces.
We'll figure out a good way to do that.
I'm notoriously bad at remembering to sign things. Sometimes on the back of our heads I have been known to sign a few.
As for the other questions...We're getting there. Let's wait for her big coming out party. Remember to wear your silly party hats.
Of course she will have all the options our first doll has.
No-seam vag.....labia options...removable insert
Easily movable eyes...with a new higher quality eye upgrade available .
Super detailed hands and feet.
No-shine bod.
Some heads will be very orally capable. I'll be adding a head a month like I did with the "Bathing Beauty"...
freckles, birthmarks, tattoos...
All of our dolls have an enhanced skeleton since November. It was a great tweeking, adding a bit of strength to all her joints. She can do some fun new things. This new skeleton will be even more effective on the new smaller doll since the weight is less.
Okay...back to work...:)
For those about to rock...we salute you...
P

Btov
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by Btov »

Really interested in this new smaller/lighter PIB doll. I searched a bit, but haven't found anything about the expected availability (probably it's beacause it will be done when it's done) but guess it doesn't hurt to ask!

Thanks

Incognito
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Incognito »

Nice AC/DC quote Patrick, lol. I envision you all making beautiful dolls in a huge bright shop with rock blasting over the intercom. Kinda like an adult version of Willy Wonka's chocolate factory. And you occasionally have beautiful models running around and getting moulded instead of oompaloompas. Priceless, lol.
....one can be sure of nothing until it has already happened....

Szalinski
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by Szalinski »

But will the old faces fit? Gaia is my favorite of all your creations, Toon!
“If freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.”
~ George Washington

acrux
Former Member

Post by acrux »

toonist wrote: Let's wait for her big coming out party. P
Any indications as to when that will be? Please let us know - .

blindwebster
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by blindwebster »

I cannot wait to see the smaller body either, but I am absolutely in love with the Bathing Beauty 1. It would be my choice with no hesitation.

Beyond that, I would also like to know if the Kira and Aria heads will be compatible with the bathing beauty 1, and when will we see these heads in silicone? I am pretty set on Hope, Fujiko and Eden, but have been waiting to see more of Kira especially.

toonist
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Post by toonist »

Hey hey,
I'm hoping that by next week we will cast the new doll in silicone. We're working on the core mold now. It's always more work than one would expect. I should probably just add a week to that estimate right now.
As for Kira, some of the mold rubber did not set up properly in her initial mold, so, I had to do some re-sculpting and am molding her again, along with the new Aria head.
Lots to do! I'm going to really challenge myself to come up with wonderful new heads/faces for this new body.
Once she is in silicone we'll try out the original set of heads on her to see if any of them work with this new size. Some may . If the sizing Isn't just right , I can always re-create a new version of a face for this new bod.
I'm addicted to making new things.
Thanks for checking us out. I really do check on the forum lots of times during the day and some of your great words... Just keep us perking along.
Best, P

blindwebster
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by blindwebster »

Thanks, Pat. I look forward to seeing what the future holds and I am sure it will be just as breathtaking as what is currently available.

timetraveler1
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by timetraveler1 »

the future of dolls is here and its called private island beauties, sounds all good patrick , you have many fine previous faces created .the eden is my favorite .
If you have to remake them in a smaller size don't forgot as you are getting into two different version sizes to so it may be a good idea of a top? head stamp saying smaller version or whatever so they don't get mixed up when shipping with different bodies, just a suggestion. keep up the good work

INFORMATIONS